Tripawds fundraising appeals policy for members who solicit help and monetary gifts via Discussion Forums, Tripawds blogs and Facebook communities.
Shop, share and give to help support Tripawds.com, the world’s largest community for three legged amputee dogs and their humans.
Help Tripawds three legged dog community by shopping in our Amazon, Nutrition, Gear, Gifts and Downloads storefronts.
News about three legged dog gear, nutrition products, clothing, gifts and downloads for canine amputees.
With so much going on here, we thought a monthly Tripawds Blog Update report would give you a helpful rundown on what you might have missed in May (and whoops, the first week of June…already?).
First off, we would like to honor the memory of Tri-Pug Maggie, who passed away earlier this week after a heroic mast cell cancer battle that lasted over four years. Those of us who were lucky enough to meet her were instantly enamored with her charming, laid-back pawsonality. She will be deeply missed but her Pug Power Spirit will live on.
Also, condolences go out to Magic and his Mom Diane, who lost OJ, a beloved feline family member, and more hugs yet go to Ruthie and her mom, Pat, who lost Dunc, their faithful horse of the last 24 years. The spirit animal kingdom welcomes them with open arms.
Spirit Jerry’s News Blog
We’re hoppy to release the first Tripawds Required Reading List, a compilation of answers to the most commonly asked questions about canine cancer and amputation for dogs. We also talked about:
- Some findings from the first Tripawds Amputation and Cancer Care Survey
- The June 19th celebration to welcome 2 Dogs 2000 Miles to Boston
- Funny comments from kids about Tripawds
- Jerry’s Story: How Tripawds Came to Be
- The Adorable Tripawd Fashionista Tiny Tim of John Bartlett Designs
- The heroic Tripawd tales of Chuy and Dixie
Tripawds Gear Blog
Check out the Greatest Hits From The Gear Blog, vol. 1, which gives the rundown on some popular products that Tripawd pawrents love, from the Ruff Wear Harness to Pawz Boots that work great in slippery situations. You’ll also learn about:
- Preventing boredom with the Everlasting Treat Ball
- Getting your Tripawd safely in and out of vehicles using the OttoStep pet stair for trucks and SUVs
- Cool therapeutic beds for hot summers
Tripawds Amazon Blog
- We also talked about Dr. Demian Dressler’s Apocaps nutrition supplement, and learned from Tripawd Maggie the Agile Cow Dog that this supplement is not recommended for dogs currently taking Non-Steroidial Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). All of you on the Metronomic Protocol, stay away from it OK?
Tripawds Downloads Blog
- Listen to pain mangement expert Dr. Robin Downing give post-surgery pain management tips
- Tripawds members can enjoy discounts at eBooks.com
- Check out this great Dog Massage Techniques video.
Tripawds Gift Store Blog
- Beautiful pet memorial jewelery and paw print memorial frames
- Suggestions for inexpensive Tripawd posters you can give to your veterinary health team
- Fantastic three legged dog office products you can surround yourself with while toiling away at work!
Tripawds Nutrition Blog
Looking for effective non-toxic flea control for your Tripawd? Check out Wyatt Ray’s review of Southwestern Cedar Oil and receive a free bottle with your first order!
- Also, read about Maximutt’s secrets for healthy eating while battling cancer
- Enjoy generous discounts on VetIonix all natural pet health supplies.
Tripawds Three Legged Dog Blogs
In the Tripawd Nation, Captain Jack celebrated his ONE YEAR ampuversary since his cancer diagnosis! Ginger’s doing pretty good with her chemo treatments, Spirit Jake and Wolfie’s new pack member Nayla celebrated seven months on the planet, new Tripawd Maggie went swimming, as did Golden Rosie, and Mel is also nearly done with his chemo treatments.
Beautiful Golden Henri went on vacation in Virginia, and Buddy’s munchkins came up with a hilarious conceptualized drawing for a bionic prosthetic. There was hell to pay when Hurricane Rosie dragged the sprinkler into the house, while good dawgs Buddy and Nikki got to play at the Tripawds pawty in Colorado.
Mackenzie swam for the first time since becoming a Tripawd, Yampa celebrated his five month ampuversary, Bam Bam went on vacation where his Mum tried to save some neglected pups, Scrappy made it through surgery, Niki continues to make slow steady recovery progress, and a celebration was held for Nova thge Queen’s 18 month ampuversary!
Meanwhile, Golden Girl Ginger has figured out how to couch surf again, Sampson the Rottie is recovering and tolerated chemo. Zara is also on the mend, Scribble pawtied with us in Colorado then went hiking, while Agile Cowdog Maggie is kickin’ butt at Rally competitions. Sadly, Toto is in his new home but his health is touch-and-go (get well Toto!).
We have a new Tripawd puppy, Chewie who just joined the pack. Jolly Holly is waiting for her final chemo treatment, while Dash went camping in Washington. Mojo is 100 pawcent better, Gayle conquered the stairs, and Catie taught her mom about Doga and 80s music.
Harley showed us that front-leggers can handle chew bones, Bandit returned in full summer glory and Gerry threw the hottest pawty in Madison. There’s a new Dane-a-Houla, Beaner, who joined the Tripawds family, Daisy told us about how she met her Mom and Cemil pawtied with the NorCal Tripawds pack.
Lincoln gives his Mom hope and courage, and two months after surgery Vampire Bill went hiking! Tripawd Chuy learned how to sit pretty, Wyatt Ray made it home to Colorado, and the Petite Princess Shelby shares her heartbreak over the loss of our hero, Tri-pug Maggie.
Meanwhile, Barney the Dinosaur is lost in America but last we heard he had a good time with Catie in Canada.
Whew! That’s it for May. Thanks for checking out all of the fun happenings here, have a great weekend!
Why and how dog parents should create Topic Tags in Tripawds Three Legged Dogs Discussion Forums.
Announcements, news and links from throughout the Tripawds Discussion Forums and Blogs community