TRIPAWDS: Home to 23105 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
12.5 YEAR OLD CHOCO LAB, Front Left Leg Amputated June 11TH , 102 POUNDS, Not really able to walk yet
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
19 October 2020 - 11:10 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Sad as it is I think having those ashes back home help the heart.  

What a beautiful thing for them to send seeds too.... that is so thoughtful and kind.  I've never seen another place do that.  

Sending big hugs 💖

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

Virginia

19 October 2020 - 4:30 pm

I know it was bittersweet picking up her ashes, her having her home again where she belongs  adds the sweetness part💖

I nature, nothing ever "dies", it merely transforms k to another form of energy....a life affirming form.  When you plant those flowers seeds with some of her ashes, you will see that her life continues  to nurture and to bring forth her beauty.

Hugs

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

30 October 2020 - 7:59 am

Hi, it's been a bit... I've been doing pretty well the past few weeks. I haven't really cried as much as, but today it's SNOWING in Massachusetts, and it's just making me think of Lady. She loved the snow so much. And it's making me wonder when the last time was she saw it? I don't really think we had much last winter. I guess the "firsts" are always the hardest. First snowfall without her. I know I have pictures somewhere of her in the snow. Maybe some videos too. I wish she got to see the snow fall one more time before she left us... I miss her so badly.

Virginia

30 October 2020 - 9:41 am

So glad you came here today among those of is who "get it".  The "firsts", do trigger our grief all over again.  A lot of things do for a very, very long time.  Take comfort in knowing the happier memories also come forth out of the blue and trigger all the great times sweet Lucy had in her thousands of happy times with you.

Now, as far as that snow.  Uoj know that was se t to uoj from Licy and all the Angel's at the Bridge, right?  You see, Lucy can create snow anytime she wants now.  She and all the other snow loving dogs play and romp and catch snowballs all the time.  So the snow you are seeing now is "overflow" snow from what she and the Angels created up at the Bridge  today😎   

So make no mistake about it, there is never a "last" snow, or a "last" swim or a "last" fetch up at the Bridge.  They create those experiences anytime they want⛄☃️  

Love and hugs 

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

30 October 2020 - 3:22 pm

(((hugs))) you are so right about those firsts, they ARE hard! It's like they say, grief comes and goes in waves, and sometimes it crashes down hard, like on a day like today. 

When you see those beautiful snowflakes, try to remember that Lady's spirit is in each and every one of them. Her energy is everywhere, especially those places she loved most in the world. She is with you in the first snowfall.

We would love to see the videos and pics of her in the snow, I'll bet she looked so pretty!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

1 November 2020 - 7:45 am

We will be thinking of Lady today in honor of that first snow! As Jerry said, her spirit is with you always. Maybe she was sending you a sign to remember those happy memories! Sending our love <3 

1 November 2020 - 8:40 am

Thank you for all the kind words. They mean a lot and encouraged me to take a long walk in the snow on Friday and take in all the beauty of it while remembering all my snowy walks with Lady. It was peaceful.

Weekend update: Apparently there’s a new chocolate lab in our neighborhood. He’s just a puppy, and his name is Walter! Some of my family has run into him and they all say he has the same white patch on his chest just like Lady always had. I hope to see him around on one of my walks, LOL! Walter’s mom is going to be like “who is this crazy family obsessed with my new puppy!!!” He’s already a celebrity here. My family can’t stop talking about him smiley4

On The Road

1 November 2020 - 1:47 pm

Aww I'm glad the snow put some sunshine and warmth in your heart.

Too cute about Walter. I'm guessing his appearance was Lady's doing!

For a long time after our Jerry got his wings, I was the same way whenever I saw a dog who looked like him. I would swoon over every pointy-eared light Shepherd I came across. Their people must have thought I was a total freak 😉

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia

1 November 2020 - 3:38 pm

Awww....so glad you took that walk kn the snow and felt the peace  and beauty  of all the food times uou and Lady shared.  She was taking that walk with you, that's  why you felt the peace.♥️

Love, love, love that there is a puppy just waiting  to meet you!!  I mean, what are the odds of a pup showing  up that has the markings of Lady?  Womdering... just womdering.....wondering if there are more siblings  available  from the litter of this pup.  Just sayin'.........

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Daniel, maximis321
Guest(s) 213
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17859
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: