TRIPAWDS: Home to 23122 Members and 2161 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Sammy 4/30/02 - 2/11/12
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Lucas, Ohio
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14 February 2012 - 2:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I love Sammy's new banner! What a handsome boy and a beautiful soul.

Elizabeth, you remain in my thoughts...i wish that there was some way to send you some extra strength and peace at this time.

Just know that your boy's smiling over you, and he'll ALWAYS be with you in your heart and in your memories.

Anita, mom to Xena & Roger

and my angels, Spammy & Chloe

Sebastopol, CA
16 February 2012 - 2:35 pm

Oh Elizabeth! I'm so sorry to hear of Sammy's passing. I have been out of town for 6 days with no internet access. I thought of you and Sammy many times. I send much love and biggest huggs.

What a completely loved boy - you will always be in our hearts sweetest Sammy

Joanne & Lylee

* I love the banner - so Sammy

http://lyleegir.....ipawds.com

16 February 2012 - 8:21 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Sammy's passing.  What a brave boy who fought a great fight.  Thinking of you during this difficult time and wishing you the best.

Kathy and Tasha

Tasha was a German ShepherdBorder Collie mix who was diagnosed with OSA at age 8.  On December 29, 2011 she had her front right leg amputated and received 4 rounds of chemo.  Sadly and suddenly Tasha became sick and we discovered she had liver cancer that had spread to her lung.  After almost 19 months, Tasha earned her wings on July 17, 2013. No regrets and never forgotten. 

Los Angeles
19 February 2012 - 10:51 am

Oh Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry for the late response - I've been traveling and haven't been able to get on tripawds and am just reading about Sammy now.  I'm so so sorry for your loss.  I'm so glad you were able to spend Sammy's last week surrounded by your love.  I know how devastasting this is and my heart goes out to you.   Please find comfort in knowing that he will always be with you and will remain forever in your heart.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.  

Sending you lots of golden hugs and love,

Kami, Angel Mackenzie

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

20 February 2012 - 12:02 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your boy Sammy.  It sounds as if he put up a tremendous fight, no doubt because of all the love and devotion you had for him.

Terry

Greater Western Washington area
20 February 2012 - 6:36 am

Thank you everyone.  I miss him constantly.  If I could give advice on anything for you with pups still with you, catalog everything they like to do, and do it before they can't do it anymore.  I did a bucket list for Sammy, and never got to many of the items.  It is snowing a little in this early morning, one of Sammy's favorite times.  I wish I would've taken him out in it more.  I wish I could share it with him today.  I know he is in my heart and will live on that way for as long as I live, I just wish I could hear him talk to me.  I only have a couple of recordings of him doing that. 

Take lots of movies, they provide some comfort when you are really missing your puppy.  I love his smile, I wish I had gotten pictures of it more.  1 week, 2 days.  I am sure it will get better.  I just feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

Elizabeth, Sammy's mom

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

western Washington
21 February 2012 - 12:06 am

Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry to hear of Sammy's passing.

He did so very well and for so long.  Like the others have said, he's now running on all fours and happily running around, checking out everything. And, I will add, he WILL be checking in on you guys.

My heart goes out to you and your family at this time. I know the pain.

Big hugs,

Denise

Kona turned 9yrs on April 16, 2010.
Kona was diagnosed Memorial Weekend 2010 with osteosarcoma.
Right rear leg amputated on June 4th. First chemo June 18th 2010
Second chemo July 9th, 2010      Third and final (yea !!!) chemo July 30th, 2010
ONE TOUGH GIRL this Australian Cattledog !

***Kona's journey/fight ended late in the evening of December 22, 2010***

We Love you so much Kona….always   

Bella 9yrs, albino lab/aussie shep/pit?(abandoned in mts as a puppy) deaf & blind (from birth) in one eye limited vision in other.(laid back, ok lazy 73 lbs)

Cotton, 5yrs, albino hound/terrier of somesort/???(abandoned in mts as a puppy) deaf & blind in one eye(from birth), excellent vision in seeing eye. (ball addict…destroyer of Kong balls…yes,etc), high energy 55lbs knots of muscle)

Kona Kai's pup brother and sister as well as her buddy and playmate cat, Shaymous 12yrs (like Seamus), miss her terribly.

Portage Lake, Maine
21 February 2012 - 5:46 am

Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing your post about Sammy just now...life has been hectic. 

Sammy fought a good battle and now he is running free on four healthy legs...

R.I.P. Sammy

Tracy & Maggie

Maggie was amputated for soft tissue sarcoma 10-20-09

Maggie lost her battle with kidney disease on 8-24-13

http://maggie.t.....t-24-2013/

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: sam_and_nova
Guest(s) 247
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats: