TRIPAWDS: Home to 23183 Members and 2162 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Sammy 4/30/02 - 2/11/12
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Plainfield, Illinois
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
12 February 2012 - 11:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for your loss.  We will miss Sammy.  I know how much you are hurting right now, and if I can help you in any way, please let me know.  Sammy is now running free and out of pain. 

Jenna & Spirit Chili Dawg

Diagnosed with OSA: 5/2/2011 Ampuversary: 5/11/2011 OSA returned in hip: 8/26/2011
Chili Dawg crossed the Rainbow Bridge on 8/30/2011 & is now pain free. He was my heart dog, and I miss him every day.

On The Road

12 February 2012 - 1:26 pm

We send all the love and condolences we can Elizabeth, our hearts go out to you. Sammy did fight so bravely, and your determination to make his time the best it could be is without question proof of your love for this special guy.

What an honor it was to meet him, and you too. Always remember that your bond can never be broken, he will always be within your heart, and a special part of this community.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Leicester, NY
12 February 2012 - 4:25 pm

Elizabeth,

I am sending you our best thoughts, hugs and love. Sammy will be missed.

Bob,Julie,Samson and Lady

Spirit Samson was Spirit Tripawd Daisys four legged "brother" and ruled as the self proclaimed head of the Monkeybutt Federations East Coast Division. Lady Chunky Monkey stayed from Oct 2011 and left for the bridge in Apr 2012. Miss Perdy is left and has some big pawprints to fill.
Do you have what it takes to be a Monkeybutt? Find out more at the Monkeybutt Federation

12 February 2012 - 6:00 pm

I know that today will be one of the hardest for you but know that we are all thinking of you and Sammy.  Keep an eye on Titan because he will probably grieve too.  I am here if you need me,

Pam

Snohomish, Washington
12 February 2012 - 9:09 pm

Elizabeth, I can't say any more than I already have. I'm so thankful that I got to meet you and Sammy, and that I was fortunate enough to spend time with him. He was a wonderful boy, and I know you must be crushed.

I'm so very, very sorry.

Rhonda and Lincoln

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall – Confucius

http://credocan.....pawds.com/

Albuquerque, NM
12 February 2012 - 10:01 pm

Elizabeth, my heart and many hugs go out to you.  So sorry that Sammy is gone.  I know how shattering it feels.  You have been in my thoughts all week.  We are here for you.

Geraldine, Spirit Jewels' Mom

Jewels was a gorgeous Lab-Shep mix that found us at the pet rescue when she was just 3 months old. Born June 2000; Diagnosed OSA on June 1, 2011; L-front Amputation September 12, 2011; Crossed Rainbow Bridge December 30, 2011. My "baby dog" will always be in my heart.  Now she is running fast and free on all four legs after the rabbits and squirrels!  Jewels was loved by her crazy-busy mom, even-keeled dad, pesky twin human brothers and monkeydog sister Aspen.  Read about Jewels' Tripawd Journey here.

California
12 February 2012 - 10:20 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I love that you said Sammy wanted you to keep fighting with him right until the very end. If only we humans could have half the sence our wonderful babies have! He was very lucky to have you as his mommy.

Fiona

Misty's blog: http://misty.tripawds.com

Sister to Millie, 9 yr old choc. lab

Sister to Lola, 6 yr old choc. lab

Sister to Toby, 7 yr old rottie mix (officially my sons dog, but I'm still his mama!)

Sweetness to Fiona and Bill

WYO
12 February 2012 - 11:05 pm

Be kind to yourself in these following days, you did a very loving thing!

Sammy is blessed to have a mom who loves him oh so much, you fought valiantly!

Heart healing wishes until you meet again!

Bud's mom

Washington
13 February 2012 - 1:11 am

Sammy's banner is beautiful. A fitting tribute to a very special, very happy boy!

the Woo

~ ~ Rio ~ ~
Forever in my heart...

April 2000 – January 20, 2012
Diagnosed with Mast Cell Cancer in June 2007. Left rear leg amputated Feb. 8, 2011.
Mets discovered Aug. 31, 2011. Read more of Rio's story here.

San Diego, CA
13 February 2012 - 9:15 am

Oh, I just saw Sammy's banner, too! It's wonderful, just like Sammy!

Abby: Aug 1, 2009 – Jan 10, 2012. Our beautiful rescue pup lived LARGE with osteosarcoma for 15 months – half her way-too-short life. I think our "halflistic" approach (mixing traditional meds + supplements) helped her thrive. (PM me for details. I'm happy to help.) She had lung mets for over a year. They took her from us in the end, but they cannot take her spirit! She will live forever in our hearts. She loved the beach and giving kisses and going to In-N-Out for a Flying Dutchman. Tripawds blog, and a more detailed blog here. Please also check out my novel, What the Dog Ate. Now also in paperback! Purchase it at Amazon via Tripawds and help support Tripawds!

krun15
13 February 2012 - 12:30 pm

Sammy was smiling at me this morning the first time I logged in.  Nice job Admin Guy.

Karen

New Zealand
13 February 2012 - 12:39 pm

aww Sammy looks just adorable in his banner what a sweet boy.

Greater Western Washington area
13 February 2012 - 7:47 pm

Admin,

You took two of my favorite pic's and put them together, it is perfect.  It took me clicking about 50 times before I saw him, but I am so glad you used the pictures you did. 

Thank you everyone, your kindess means the world to me.  It is so quiet around here.  It is the first night home after work and no growling and thumping when I walked in.  Thank you for giving me a place to turn.

Elizabeth, Sammy's mom

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

On The Road

14 February 2012 - 9:02 am

fightingforsammy said:

You took two of my favorite pic's and put them together, it is perfect...

aw-shucks Paw shucks, Sammy made it perfect. Ya just gotta love that smile, and those ever so wise eyes.

SammyImage Enlarger

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Edmonton, Alberta
14 February 2012 - 11:41 am

Elizabeth, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad his last days with you were precious and peaceful. It takes great courage to say goodbye.

My thoughts are with you.

Carmen, Spirit Catie and Riley

Catie -

Birthday – November 4 2003

Amputation – January 13 2010

Crossed the Bridge – June 2 2011

Catie Caitlin 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Nika
Guest(s) 198
Currently Browsing this Page: