TRIPAWDS: Home to 23122 Members and 2161 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Sammy 4/30/02 - 2/11/12
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Greater Western Washington area
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11 February 2012 - 5:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I just wanted everyone to know that his last week with us was relatively pain free, full of love, and precious moments.  He left us in a peaceful way today.  I feel attention should be paid to this sweet Warrior boy, he fought the bravest fight, and until the very end he begged me to keep fighting with him.

Run my beautiful Sammy, stretch all of those wonderful legs and run free again. 

With every beat,

Mom

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

11 February 2012 - 6:00 pm

Hello Elizabeth. Very sorry to hear of Sammy's passing. I know the two of you had a long hard road. I am glad that his last week was relatively pain free and I am glad that you were able to spend that time with him. I know that you made every moment count. I thought about you every single day and kept checking for news about Sammy. Glad that you took the time to just focus on him. Praying for your comfort and healing even though it will be very hard. Valentina will have a good ol time playing with Sammy. Just imagining that makes me smile. Run free Sammy!! 

Chicago, IL
11 February 2012 - 6:03 pm

We are all going to miss Sammy, this special boy.  May your many happy memories comfort you.

http://tate.tripawds.com/
August 16, 2006 to November 28, 2011
TATE ~ Forever in our hearts.

11 February 2012 - 6:12 pm

So sorry for your loss.  Sammy seemed like a very special boy.  It's obvious that he was showered with love.  What more do our furbabies really want?  May your memories help to fill the hole in your heart.

Judy and Baby

knoxville, tn
11 February 2012 - 6:12 pm

those who are left, feel the loss.  sammy is now free from his broken body and is running with shy and all of the tripawds who have gone before him.  i know gayle was there to greet him, and is showing him the ropes.  hopefully the memories you've made will help, with time, to dry the tears.  love never ends.

charon & spirit gayle

Life is good, so very, very good!!! Gayle enjoyed each and every moment of each and every wonderful day (naps included).  She left this world December 12, 2011 – off on a new adventure.

Love Never Ends

http://etgayle

11 February 2012 - 6:38 pm

Elizabeth, I can't tell you how sorry I am this time has come, but the fact he had a good week I hope gives you comfort in knowing he didn't suffer and you won't have to regret waiting to long to release him from his pain. I hope Gus was there to greet him and shows him how much fun hunting varmits can be. Our thoughts are with you, Big Paws up to Sammy tonight, Spirit Gus and Dan  cry

My buddy Gus had a left front amputation on April 7, 2010 and lived a great life until July 26,2010

Peoria, IL
11 February 2012 - 6:42 pm

Oh, Elizabeth, we knew this was coming — but it doesn't make it much easier, does it? I have been thinking of you and wondering how the day went. I know how lonely the night will be, and I hope you and your husband find comfort in the way courageous battle you waged. Sammy gave it his all, and so did you. He was so lucky you found him.

The next few months will be hard, but it does get a little easier. Happy memories will slowly replace the agony of losing him.

I am so, so sorry he is gone. Through your eloquent and heartfelt writing, many of us learned to love your Sammy. May his spirit will soar and may he run pain-free with our other Tripawd warriors.

Sending lots of hugs your way ...

Beth, Rick and Spirit Smilin' Sammy

Smilin' Sammy, March 16, 2004 – Dec. 5, 2011
Golden retriever, diagnosed with osteosarcoma in September 2010 — right front leg amputated November 2010. He fought valiantly to stay with us; but a second diagnosis of osteosarcoma, this time in his left front leg, was more than our golden warrior could overcome. He loved his pack — and everyone else he met.

We loved him even more.
Thanks for the pennies, Sammy. They helped.

New Zealand
11 February 2012 - 6:54 pm

Sending big hugs to you. Even though you know its coming it really doesn't make it much easier. Hold those memories close and you will treasure them forever.

Fly free Sammy fly free.

Sarah, Kayla and Sarge

Washington
11 February 2012 - 7:00 pm

Elizabeth,

Sammy will forever be remembered as the beautiful, smiling boy he was... It's so difficult to say good-bye, but knowing that you did right by your boy does help ease the sting a little. I'm so sad for you tonight. And I'm so glad we got a chance to get to know him this past summer. He was wonderful and sweet and very loved.

We're thinking of you.

Micki

the Woo

~ ~ Rio ~ ~
Forever in my heart...

April 2000 – January 20, 2012
Diagnosed with Mast Cell Cancer in June 2007. Left rear leg amputated Feb. 8, 2011.
Mets discovered Aug. 31, 2011. Read more of Rio's story here.

San Diego, CA
11 February 2012 - 7:05 pm

Sammy definitely was a warrior. He fought bravely and wore a smile all the while.

I know how much it hurts when they are gone. Try to focus on all the happy memories. Sammy wouldn't want you to be sad. He's still there with you, in your heart. Look for the pennies letting you know he's ok.

Big hugs,
Jackie, Angel Abby's mom

Abby: Aug 1, 2009 – Jan 10, 2012. Our beautiful rescue pup lived LARGE with osteosarcoma for 15 months – half her way-too-short life. I think our "halflistic" approach (mixing traditional meds + supplements) helped her thrive. (PM me for details. I'm happy to help.) She had lung mets for over a year. They took her from us in the end, but they cannot take her spirit! She will live forever in our hearts. She loved the beach and giving kisses and going to In-N-Out for a Flying Dutchman. Tripawds blog, and a more detailed blog here. Please also check out my novel, What the Dog Ate. Now also in paperback! Purchase it at Amazon via Tripawds and help support Tripawds!

Orange County, CA
11 February 2012 - 7:35 pm

I'm so sorry to hear Sammy has passed.  He fought a brave battle.  Sending healing thoughts your way tonight.

California
11 February 2012 - 7:37 pm

You were in my thoughts all day today....I am so sorry...

Run free beautiful boy....

Sending hugs
KaCee and angel Riley

Fortis Mom
11 February 2012 - 7:54 pm

Elizabeth,

No doubt Sammy, your Sweet Warrior Boy,  should be honored for his fight.  I have lit a candle in my home to honor Sammy and with tears in my eyes my heart aches for your loss.  I hope you will find comfort in knowing you gave him your love and shared those precious moments with him until the very end.  Even though it feels like it, know you are not alone Elizabeth.  And Sammy is not alone either, he is running free now with all his friends.  You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers for peace at this difficult time.

Love,

Pattie & Spirit Fortis

11 February 2012 - 8:04 pm

Elizabeth...my heart is breaking in a million pieces for you at this moment. I don't think I can say anything else.

11 February 2012 - 8:13 pm

Elizabeth, I am so sorry to hear that Sammy has left us. I'm glad that he had a memorable final days and a peaceful passing. We are thinking of you all and celebrating Sammy's beautiful life. Run free, sweet boy.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 230
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17873
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: