TRIPAWDS: Home to 23085 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Cooper - January 12th, 2001 -August 5th 2011 mighty warrior - left on his own terms
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Fortis Mom
6 August 2011 - 10:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Ken and Faith,

I can't express how sad and sorry I am to know sweet Cooper is gone.  I thought by giving it a day this would be an easier post to make but it only took reading your beginning post, Cynthia & Isabelle's beautiful video and all the other kind words from this community to make the tears flow for the loss your Coop.... so not any easier.

Cooper always had a special place in my heart and I know how much you guys miss him already (me too).  If there is one thing we could all wish for our pups it would be for them to go on their own, peacfully.  I am so happy that this happened for Cooper and you guys.  I hope it will bring you comfort knowing that he is now with his friend Fortis and many other special pups running and swimming free of pain. There is no doubt Fortis was there to welcome Coop with open arms to the other side.

Be good to yourselves during this very difficult time and know that you were great pawrents and Cooper loved you as you loved him.  I will keep you both in my prayers.  Again, I am so very sorry for the loss of your special friend.

Big Hug,

Pattie

Greater Western Washington area
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6 August 2011 - 12:21 pm

I am so glad to know you will continue on here Ken and Faith, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Elizabeth and Sammy

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

Galt, California
6 August 2011 - 1:34 pm

Ken and Faith,

I am so sorry to hear this news.  I too have tears streaming and am sending thoughts and prayers for you all.  The stories you shared and the humor you provided were truly an inspiration to us as we navigated cancer with Sierra.  Cooper will be missed but we know he is already running around at the Rainbow Bridge with all those that went before him.  It is clear you had an amazing bond with him and shared a tremendous love for one another.  My heart goes out to you!

Brad and Spirit Sierra

WYO
6 August 2011 - 7:44 pm

WHAT...oh no!!!!

I am so sad and my heart sincerely aches with you!

What a sweet boy to leave on his own terms and go play with his angel friends!

Wishing you peace from sorrow and happy memories until you meet again!

Bud's mom

Palm Desert, California
7 August 2011 - 5:13 pm

Cooper; what a fighter!  Glad you went peacefully and without pain.

Cancer really sucks!

Chuck & Rusty

Rusty is a Labradoodle who was diagnosed with level 3 Fibrosarcoma on January 16th, 2010 and had his left hind leg amputated on January 25th, 2010 five days before his 18 month birthday. Please see Rusty's blog @rusty.tripawds.com.  He is putting up one heck of a fight against this terrible disease.

Pontiac, IL
7 August 2011 - 8:44 pm

Ken and Faith,

We know that our mere words can not do much to comfort you.  But, please know that the whole Tripawds community is grieving along with you.  Cooper was a true hero to us all and we will miss him forever.  May your grief be lessened in knowing that even though most of us never met Cooper in person, we loved him nonetheless for his humor, his bravery and his leadership in the AMBF.  We just know that Cooper is planning the demise of the Monkey Dogs with Angels Comet, Fortis, Mackenzie, Trouble, Catie and so many others that have gone before.

May God bless you our friends,

Brian, Annie and Ginger

krun15
8 August 2011 - 8:40 pm

Ken and Faith,

All the words have been so eloquently said...

It is so hard to say good bye- but you never have to let go.  Coop will always have a place in your hearts and lives. 

And he will have a place in my heart too, I feel so fortunate that I got a chance to know him. 

Cooper's leadership will continue to inspire those still on the cancer path.

Karen

13 September 2011 - 8:41 pm

My dear Ken and Faith,

I only started to write in my blog when Indy was
at 10 months beating the odds...I only posted in the forums a couple of times
with my poetry and didn't really know what a forum was...That was when you
reached out to me...I haven't heard from you since that time and always
wondered how you were. You & Cooper remained in my heart.

Tonight, I started to look to see how to read
& reply to the forums and I was devastated to read about your sweet Cooper.
I am so sorry that he left to go on his eternal journey, but you & he both
knew it was time...You gave him so much love - and he gave so much back in
return.

So many of us feel your pain &
heartache....So many dread that moment when they will feel it too.

Just know that Cooper will live on forever in
your hearts and through the 2 of you. My Indiana lives on inside my heart and I
spread his love every chance I get - through videos, poems and all of his beautiful
pictures...

May the memory of Cooper comfort you & the
love of all of your friends here at Tripawds...

Lots of love & prayers are being sent your way.

Love from Indiana’s mom ~~Carol~~

♥ I was blessed with the Miracle of Indiana ~ my sweet and loving Siberian husky♥

♥ He beat the odds against osteosarcoma for 17 months with so much happiness and love ♥  ♥ Indy was a true tripawd hero and an inspiration to all ♥  ♥ I prayed for just one more day… and we had many ♥

♥ His legend gives much hope for those just starting their journey ♥ May you all have a miracle – whether it be big or small ♥

♥ Forever in our hearts ♥    ♥ Until we meet again my love ♥ ♥ I will love you forever ♥  

Please visit his blog  http://indianas.....pawds.com/

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 235
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17840
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3