TRIPAWDS: Home to 23084 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Cooper - January 12th, 2001 -August 5th 2011 mighty warrior - left on his own terms
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
shelbysmom
5 August 2011 - 5:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Godspeed, Cooper............run fast, play hard.

See you on the Other Side, mighty warrior.

To your family, you have my heart........

Linden, MI
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5 August 2011 - 5:54 pm

I am so very sorry to hear of Sooper Cooper's passing.  He was such a presence here on Tripawds and I know that all the other Tripawd warriors that have gone before him are there to greet him.  Heaven needs an AMBF too!  What a blessing that he went on his own terms... I know every one of us here hopes for such a peaceful transition for our Tripawds.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you grieve.  Licks and leans to you from the Queen.

Sue and Queen Nova

Dane Mom Sue at nova.tripawds.com and Mom to Beautiful Great Dane Queen Nova, a Blind Tripawd, who kicked cancer's butt from 11/08-03/13. The Queen is Spirit Nova now, but her legacy lives on here at Tripawds!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 August 2011 - 6:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Oh admin,

I just saw Sooper Cooper's banner!  Oh, how special! 

P.S.  Isabelle's video is so beautiful also! 

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

On The Road

5 August 2011 - 7:02 pm

cometdog said:

I just saw Sooper Cooper's banner!

Paww shucks... it doesn't begin to do the big guy justice. It's just the least we could do.

Dog speed indeed, mighty warrior!

sopper cooperImage Enlarger

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Orange County, CA
5 August 2011 - 7:56 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of Cooper's passing.  He was a true Tripawd Hero, here in this community, and to the rest of the world that had the honor of meeting him in person.  Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Los Angeles
5 August 2011 - 8:32 pm

Oh Sooper Dooper Cooper....we'll never forget that big smiling face and that big beautiful spirit.  So so sorry Ken that you now have to face this loss.  We all only know too well what a huge loss this is and our hearts break for you.  I'm so glad that he made the decision for you to be released.  What a blessing.  Cooper is now in heaven and has earned his angel wings - how lucky heaven is today.  We send you our thoughts and prayers. Please take great comfort in knowing that he's surrounded by all of his other angel tripawd heroes who will look out for him and make sure that he's ok. 

Lots of golden hugs to you,

Kami, Angel Mackenzie, Kobe and puppy Scarlett

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

Mount Pleasant, Ia
5 August 2011 - 9:00 pm

Admin ...you are too modest..Coopers banner is awesome
And such an honor as well thank you so very much! Tripawds has been
Here so much for us.. I want everyone to know Angel Cooper and I plan to
Continue being a presence here

Coopsdad/ Kenneth Blackburn

http://cooper.t.....ipawds.com

the monkeydogs only THINK they have invaded the tripawd state

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 August 2011 - 9:11 pm

Angel Cooper will always be here! 

But we sure want YOU to be here!  You've given so much and it would never be the same without you.  But please know, if you need time, we understand.

Just remember our saying - "Once a Tripawd, Always a Tripawd"

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Monkeybutt-Bunny Vampire
5 August 2011 - 9:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Dear Sooper Dooper Fearless Leader Webtoed Clown Cooper,

As the Leader of The Monkeydog Federation, I want you to know that we really did love you and admire you.  You were brave in battle and you were a warrior on all fronts.  A fallen hero can never be replaced.

Thank you for being there for my mommy when my sister Angel Comet died.  You made her laugh through her tears.  You knew just how to make her smile with the perfect mix of fun and sincerity.  You always made me not think about her also. For that I am grateful.

I want to personally thank you for making your last post to me, Monkeybutt-bunny Vampire Pirate.  I am honored.

I will miss you my brave friend.  Please give my sister Angel Comet a kiss from me and let her know how much I loved her and miss her. I know that doggie heaven is having the best party now that you, Sooper Cooper are there! 

Yours truly,

Monkeybutt-bunny Vampire Pirate Vavra

5 August 2011 - 9:47 pm

Ken, I am so sorry to hear of Coops passing, I was so hoping the new meds were going to help him. Our pack has sufffered a mighty  loss. Unfortunately I have no words but to say you are in our thoughts. It was an honor to serve under your reign as leader of the pack, Big Paws up to Coop tonight, we will miss you, Spirit Gus and Dan and Thelma

My buddy Gus had a left front amputation on April 7, 2010 and lived a great life until July 26,2010

5 August 2011 - 10:07 pm

I am so sorry to read of Cooper's passing. What a beautiful and gentle spirit he had. Thank you for sharing him with such wonderful humor. 

Tana and Angels Sophie and Keaton

Sophie (1998 – 2010)

"Going Dog" def: living every day in the moment

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."

–Unknown

Oakland, CA
5 August 2011 - 10:20 pm

A howl is heard across Oaktown......We are so sorry for your loss but know that Cooper will always be in your heart, and ours. A true Tripawd Warrior is gone indeed. Thank you so much for sharing Cooper with us--we will never forget him.

Cooper is already at peace and dancing over the Rainbow Bridge with Jerry G. and Caira Sue, Horatia and Trouble, Zeus and Yoda, so peace be in your hearts--may your tears soon turn to laughter, as you remember all the good times you had together and the love between you that will never die.

xoxox,

Codie Rae and the Oaktown Pack

Woohoo! Tripawds Rule!

Regulator of the Oaktown Pack, Sheriff of the Oaktown Pawsse, Founding member and President of the Tripawd Girldogs With 2 Names ROCK Club, and ... Tripawd Girldog Extraordinaire!

Visit Codie Rae's Blog!

Washington
5 August 2011 - 10:45 pm

Oh, Cooper... Not you too! I'm so, so sorry, Ken and Faith. Cooper was our hero. He was our Fearless Leader. He was strong and beautiful, and he met life on his own terms. I have no words of comfort for you right now, and for this, I'm sorry. I know the heartbreak of losing such a friend, and only time will make a difference.

For those of us who only had the privilege of knowing Cooper through your words and pictures, we still feel strongly the pain of his loss. Our hearts are breaking tonight -- for you and your quiet, empty rooms, for this community, for the loss of yet another cancer warrior, and for us, for the loss of our dear friend Cooper. I wish now that we'd kept the turtle....

Rio and Rio's family

the Woo

~ ~ Rio ~ ~
Forever in my heart...

April 2000 – January 20, 2012
Diagnosed with Mast Cell Cancer in June 2007. Left rear leg amputated Feb. 8, 2011.
Mets discovered Aug. 31, 2011. Read more of Rio's story here.

6 August 2011 - 8:13 am

I am so sorry to hear of Cooper's passing.  He is such a presence here and will be greatly missed.

Lucas, Ohio
6 August 2011 - 9:38 am

Ken,  My heart is absolutely breaking for you this morning. I'm at a complete loss for words right now...there's only tears. cry

Run free at the bridge sweet boy...you were my hero too.

Anita, mom to Xena and new puppy Roger

and my angels, Spammy & Chloe

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Kevin_2
Guest(s) 241
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17839
Moderators: 6