TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Cooper - January 12th, 2001 -August 5th 2011 mighty warrior - left on his own terms
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Arizona
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5 August 2011 - 10:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Cooper was a wonderful dog and an inspiration to all who "met" him, even online. He will definitely be missed. ::hugs::

Julie, mom to Spirit Max the Pomeranian,

the bravest poofle dog who ever lived!

Read a tribute to Max!

5 August 2011 - 10:44 am

My heart goes out to you. I too thought that my Chihuahua's cough was just his allergies acting up only to find out that his lungs were full of cancer. He went downhill so quickly that my head was spinning and we had to put him to sleep only two weeks later. We do miss him terribly. It's only been a little over a year since that happened and now we are mostly remembering all of the great times we had with him. It is incredibly hard and now I am faced with another of my dog children having cancer. I am hoping to have more time with her this time around. From time to time I still think I hear my little Chihuahua's bark or his nails clicking on the floor but now it makes me smile remembering how comical he was. It will be tremendously painful at first but after a while you will be cherishing all of those wonderful memories of your beautiful Cooper and you will smile. smiley   Sending you prayers of peace and healing at this very difficult time.

On The Road

5 August 2011 - 10:49 am

We know words won't make anything better right now, which is good because we are simply speechless. All we can say is thank you for sharing Sooper Cooper with us all. He has touched so many here, and his spirit will continue to bring smiles forever.

Peace.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Greater Western Washington area
5 August 2011 - 10:49 am

Ken,

A knife in my heart.  I read this morning about Cooper's passing and tears streamed down my face.  I thought about what I wanted to say and I KNOW, I KNOW that God made dog in his emotional image.  It is not a coincidence that God spelled backwards is dog.  They are the best of emotions, loyal, loving, giving to the point that they would give their lives for ours.  I believe with all my heart that dogs have the most special place in heaven as a reward, teaching us how to be more like them.  Teaching us compassion and loyalty, to think about others besides ourselves, to be empathetic. 

Cooper has a special place in my heart.  I can only be grateful that you shared him with us, I just wish I could have hugged him in person the way I wanted to.  Someday, I will see them all someday, but for now I know he is free from cancer, he has loved and loves, he runs and plays again.  He is surrounded by your love and ours too.  I asked for the best of blessings for him because he is such a special boy.

I am so sorry,

Elizabeth

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

San Diego, CA
5 August 2011 - 11:06 am

I am so sad to read about Cooper's sudden passing. I had thought of Cooper as Abby's 'amp buddy' since they had their surgeries just a few days apart. Plus, he was our fearless AMBF leader!

Such a gorgeous boy and a strong warrior. We'll all miss him terribly. I know he'll still be there in spirit with us against the monkeydogs - and he is chasing those angel monkeybutts on all four legs now, totally pain free.

I'm glad he went on his own terms - seems only fitting for a warrior like Super Cooper.

Sending virtual hugs. We are crying with you for your loss.

Jackie and Abby

Abby: Aug 1, 2009 – Jan 10, 2012. Our beautiful rescue pup lived LARGE with osteosarcoma for 15 months – half her way-too-short life. I think our "halflistic" approach (mixing traditional meds + supplements) helped her thrive. (PM me for details. I'm happy to help.) She had lung mets for over a year. They took her from us in the end, but they cannot take her spirit! She will live forever in our hearts. She loved the beach and giving kisses and going to In-N-Out for a Flying Dutchman. Tripawds blog, and a more detailed blog here. Please also check out my novel, What the Dog Ate. Now also in paperback! Purchase it at Amazon via Tripawds and help support Tripawds!

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
5 August 2011 - 11:26 am

I sent Ken & Faith a personal email this morning, but wish to acknowledge here how saddened I am that the one who shared Trouble's ampuversary day (the 26th) has gone to be friends with her at the bridge.

I am heartbroken we have lost another beautiful warrior, but I am so grateful he was able to go on his terms. That is what we all want for our heros.  Gentle virtual hugs to the family who loved him so.

RIP sweet Cooper.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

On The Road

5 August 2011 - 12:27 pm

Ken & Faith,

This was the hardest thing to read this morning, Cooper's loss is felt everywhere in this community, we are so sorry.

The fact that you were both so in tune with his needs and when it was time for him to meet our Tripawd Angels says so much about your bond that you shared. For him to choose his time like that, without any suffering or much delay, was his final gift to you, as hard as it is to cope with.

Cooper's humor, wisdom and contributions here have been immense. Thank you for sharing him with us, we will never forget him, or you. {{{{hugs}}}}}

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 August 2011 - 12:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Ken and Faith,

There is so much to say but tears keep falling for Coopie.  I am thankful your prayers were answered and peace has been brought to you. 

My heart is so full of sorrow with his loss and it just aches but I am grateful for getting to be a small part of his life.  He brightened our world here and he especially brightened mine.  His words, through your writing Ken kept me smiling almost daily through some of the hardest times for me when I lost Comet.  You understood my heartache and were there for me.  You have been here for so many people too. Now, my dearest friend – please let us be there for you.

Dearest Angel Sooper Dooper Cooper,

You made us laugh but you made us love.  You brought so many people together with your warmth, true friendship, fun and genuine open heart.  You'll always have a place in our hearts. You'll never be forgotten.

I love you Coopie.

Ge'Lena

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Mount Pleasant, Ia
5 August 2011 - 1:01 pm

Thank you so much Ge'Lena for your warm words. Thank you because I know you are sincere, so many people were here for us, that Cooper and I just had to be here for them. I have never had such good friends as those I have met on this forum. Cooper loved you too Ge'lena always know that! It is so very quiet here this afternoon. It is so very quiet....

Coopsdad/ Kenneth Blackburn

http://cooper.t.....ipawds.com

the monkeydogs only THINK they have invaded the tripawd state

Edmonton, Alberta
5 August 2011 - 1:41 pm

Oh Ken. Oh Faith. Oh beautiful Cooper.

There aren't any words.

I am stunned and sorry and grieving with you. I know how deep this cuts.

I am so so utterly sorry.

Carmen

Catie -

Birthday – November 4 2003

Amputation – January 13 2010

Crossed the Bridge – June 2 2011

Catie Caitlin 

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 August 2011 - 1:53 pm

I have never had such good friends as those I have met on this forum.

I ditto that!    

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Golden Girls
5 August 2011 - 2:16 pm

And I double ditto that! It's a roller coaster of emotions for me today....so very, very sad about Cooper... but very excited about getting the pups tomorrow. I will be sure to tell them all about Sooper Dooper Cooper...clown

Leicester, NY
5 August 2011 - 2:18 pm

Ken

I was so sad to read that Cooper has left us but I am glad that he was able to spend so much quality time with you these past months and that he left peacefully. I know words will not ease your grief right now but we have always been and will continue to be here for you just as you and Cooper have been here for all of us.

Wishing you comfort and happy memories

Bob, Julie, Daisy and Samson

Spirit Samson was Spirit Tripawd Daisys four legged "brother" and ruled as the self proclaimed head of the Monkeybutt Federations East Coast Division. Lady Chunky Monkey stayed from Oct 2011 and left for the bridge in Apr 2012. Miss Perdy is left and has some big pawprints to fill.
Do you have what it takes to be a Monkeybutt? Find out more at the Monkeybutt Federation

Sebastopol, CA
5 August 2011 - 3:39 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear of Cooper's passing on. No words can take away the pain of their leaving us.

It was so touching to hear of how Cooper passed on in his own way.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Many huggs,

Lylee's Mum

xoxoxo

http://lyleegir.....ipawds.com

California
5 August 2011 - 4:21 pm

There are no words right now (or at 5 am this morning when I first read this) my heart is breaking for you and tears are still streaming down my face….I am just sooo sorry.

I know Cooper is in a better place and is finally at peace and with the rest of the fabulous tripawds that have gone before him -

Sending Hugs…

KaCee

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Kathryn_1
Guest(s) 248
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17740
Moderators: 6