With so many great stories to share, we are still spotlighting 2022 Tripawd Hero submissions sent to us. Today we are hoppy to share Tripawd Tuesday: Lacey Loves Life on 3 Legs! This Chocolate Lab shows that not even osteosarcoma can take away her joy for life!
Meet Today’s Tripawd Tuesday Hero, Lacey!
Few things are more joyful than getting to see a dog do what they do best after amputation surgery. Lacey is one dog who could do her favorite things after she went through it. Here’s her story as told by her mom, Christa from Idaho.
How old is your Tripawd?
When and Why did your Tripawd lose a leg?
- Osteosarcoma, diagnosed 1/16/23, amputation was 2/3/23
How did your Tripawd adapt to life on three?
- AMAZING!! She continues to amaze us everyday
What are your Tripawd’s favorite things to do?
- Play ball!
Is there any special gear that helped or helps your Tripawd?
- None needed! Although, we do have a lot of rugs in the house and ottomans to help her get on the couch and beds.
If you went through amputation surgery recovery with your animal, what did you think would happen after surgery? Did your worst fears happen? How did you cope?
- We were terrified. Had no idea what to expect, but everything we learned from this website made a huge difference. Her recovery was picture perfect, we are so thankful
What is the biggest lesson you learned from your Tripawd?
- Never give up. Everyday is a gift, and we can overcome anything.
What is your best advice to someone who is about to go through amputation with their pet, or someone who is thinking of adopting a Tripawd?
- DO IT! It’s scary, I know, but these Tripawds are incredible. We can learn so much from them.
See More Tripawd Tuesday Stories, and contact us to share your own too!
Send Your Tripawd Tuesday Love Story!
Did you enjoy today’s Tripawd Tuesday story? Want to share your own hero with the community?
Please share your Tripawd Tuesday love story, too! By doing it, you’ll also help pet parents seeking hope and inspiration during tough times. Follow the links to send it to us.
Be a Community Ambassador
Request a Tripawds Community Ambassador Kit. Get everything you need for you and your three-legged dog or cat to show the world that Tripawds Rule.
Your participation helps us get the word out about our mission. Chip in a bit extra to help keep your community online! Thank you!