TRIPAWDS: Home to 23108 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Virginia Tripawds, Let's Pawty on Sunday 6/22 in Richmond
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23 June 2014 - 8:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Anu had a great time and spent all afternoon snoozing.  Would love to get some of the pics from Sunday.  The You Tube was great fun watching.  The dogs all loved each others' company except Anu.  He was quite content in his Xpen.  The news reporter couldn't believe how well behaved they all were.

23 June 2014 - 1:44 pm

Ariel had no problem riding in the car on the way back home, she was worn out from all the excitement! We had a blast !

On The Road

23 June 2014 - 2:32 pm

I've been searching on Channel 8's website for the story but apparently we got nixed for the Ugly Dog Contest and some "Pig Dog." Drats! Anyone record it?

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia
23 June 2014 - 3:02 pm

Aww, Sally and Elizabeth -- can't thank you enough for hosting. We had an amazing time...so wonderful to meet both of you and Tanner and Myrtle and everyone else...and we know that Happy Hannah and Angel Jake and the others were there with us, too.

Lexie loved every minute of it. In spite of a whole lot more playing than usual (FYI, we need to start calling her Mrs. Robinson because she sure had a thing for Tanner!) --she didn't seem overly sore today...and still wanted to go for an early walk.

Sally, you made her honorary 14th birthday extra-special. Thanks to all who were there for being part of it.

What a fun and wonderful group...sounds like we set some records for Tripawd partying stamina--even seniors Lexie and Zach.

Big hugs, high fives, three paws up and lots of Tripawd love,

Deb and Lexie

P.S. One clarification...that was Cheryl's husband who deserves the credit for helping, along with Eric. 🙂 

Deb and Angel Lexie* Diagnosed at age 13. Tried radiation first; wish we had amputated upon diagnosis (even with lung mets). Joined Club Tripawd April 2014 & Lexie loved life on 3 legs! Advice: Start physical therapy as soon as your vet clears it, especially hydrotherapy if available :-) See Lexie pics here.  

Virginia

23 June 2014 - 4:25 pm

Oh Deb! LMBO over here! So I tried to give you Chery'ls husband? And, jave you noticed...Cheryl asn't said a word!!!
Jst kidding!

And I've been callimg Kaylee ...Kylie.....but itsn't it funny...I disn't miss a sigle name of our dogs!!

Kerry, we got bumpedon the website for Pig Dog and Ugly Dog! OMD! We've got dogs with three legs surviving that piece of crap disease and we aren'ton their website? Craaaaaazy!!

Back im day day, you used to be avle to get a video tape on any story that pertained toyoy...yep...waaaaay backmin the day. I'll check and see if we have anyway of getting "it" somehow.

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

23 June 2014 - 6:23 pm

Video tape? What is this thing you speak of?

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Raleigh, NC
23 June 2014 - 8:36 pm

I am so sorry my human, with 15 years of experience, could not get Google Hangout to work. By the time we found a spot to put the hot spot, it was after 2 and then Google would not let me join my own event, even after we changed the time. :( Should have brought the netbook and an HD camera. Sorry guys.

We had so much fun. It was great to meet humans and hounds. I was out cold in less than a minute of climbing into the car.

I thought it was very funny when Myrtle tried to lay down with/on Cookie. I do that to Cookie ALL the time in the house just to be a brat. She barks at me and I just ignore it.

The pictures are great. Wow, so many happy shots! We took almost 0. Almost all the pictures she did take are all of me too. I know she loves me but she needs to let go.

Virginia

23 June 2014 - 8:51 pm

Ingrid...you are too funny!!

Gosh gitl, no worries about that Google thing! Elizabeth and DEB did such a great job with M pics and video..that really does tell the story of our gatherin M perfectly!

I'm so glad you reminded me about Myrtle sitting M on sweet Cookie! YEP, here's the elegant, gentle Cookie who is completely unfazed by all the pandemonium, minding her on business and Puppy Myrtle just goes over and sits on her! Can't believe no e of us have a picture.....guess we were too busy laughing!

It really is hard to describe the beautiful temperament that Nixon and Cookie possessed the whole time....unflappable elegance and grace!
Those two pups are so well loved AND SOOOOOOO lucky to have you as their Mom.

Thank you for enlightening us on the plight n of Greyhounds and the need to have their lovely breed continue.

Look forward to seeing you again!!

Much love tonyou, Cookie and the Amazing Oh My Nixon!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Raleigh, NC
23 June 2014 - 10:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

You know greyhounds are super healthy, especially for such an old breed except when it comes to bone cancer. I belive 1 In 4 greyhounds gets osteo. Of those cases, 60% are male.

The other problem greyhounds have is bad teeth. There are many toothless houndsbout there.

The breed is known for being calm and almost barkless. Cookie barks a lot. Miss Kitty, my previous housemate, also liked to bark her head off. Apparently they never read any of the books about greyhounds.

I like to roo! Daily. Sometimes it turns into a bark but is normly a soulful and heartfelt rendition of the song of my people.

I will post video of me not being so calm and we need to video me herding Ingrid. Even on 3 legs, I round her up. I have an amazing stare to get the things that I want and I read my humans extremely well. And train them to obey. I call it my Jedi mind trick.

Virginia
24 June 2014 - 4:23 am

Ingrid I got some great pics of Nixon and Cookie! I'm working on putting a bunch of pics up on photobucket so everyone can save the ones they want, hopefully it'll be done by the weekend. I even got one of Nixon when he finally laid down for 2 seconds :) I just loved how sweet Cookie was just kinda chilling the whole time, then out of know where she started bowing and wanted to play. It was SO cute!!!

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: baileylab
Guest(s) 270
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17864
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: