TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Virginia Tripawds, Let's Pawty on Sunday 6/22 in Richmond
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
17 May 2014 - 1:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Calling all Tripawds, Quadpawds and their humans in Virginia and anywhere east of the Mississippi!

You won't want to miss this fun-filled Sunday afternoon at Rockwood Park with Sally and Spirit Happy Hannah as your ringleader and Elizabeth, Spirit Jake and Tanner as your welcome wagon!

Bring your leashed critters for a relaxing time in the park. Here are the details, please chime in and let us know if you'll be joining the fun!

Day: Sunday June 22

Time: 9 am - 2 pm

Place: Rockwood Park, Shelter #4 (adjacent to the Dog Park)

Download the Rockwood Park Map here

Post your questions and pawty ideas here, we can't wait to see you at the pawty!

Pics: Spirit Hannah, Spirit Jake and Tripawd Tanner!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

17 May 2014 - 5:59 pm

Can't wait for a party! Zach says he is looking forward to the big event:)

Virginia
17 May 2014 - 7:01 pm

We will be there too, so excited!!!

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

Virginia

17 May 2014 - 8:21 pm

AWWW, THANKS for the post AND the pics Jerry! First time I've seen her avatar photo all blown ud!! And that was THE first icture I took with this stuoid tavlet!! Very little improvement since then!!

I remember tellingher w that she was famour (because of the avatarpicture), I wold jave to get her a ore prsentable bowL The "new bowl s the shiny red one that's in jer banner picture!

Merry, I don't kowif yoj remember how excited I was when yo first posted her avatar.....I wasover the moon excited to see her immortalized forever here!! Neddless to say I went months with jist the "tan cartoo dog" as her avatar util I took Jerry up on her kind offer tppost it for me!!

Kiss the mug!!

Amd look at our beautiful Jake...such a pretty boy soakingup the sun. So handsome!!

Amd we're gonna get to see TANNER!! YAAAAAAAAAAY!! Yo "represent tripawds very well Tanner! And you are your momma's best snuggler!

And o e of our newest tripawds....ZACH!! We need a pic here Zach! Come on!

Okay, time toput some pressure on some "folks"....LIZ and GSD Smoke andpack.....SNNOPS and ESTHER and Don and Abby may come too!!

Now, we need to gifutre out which train Micheele and the Rotties need to take to get here!!

We need kitties!!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia
18 May 2014 - 6:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Tanner was a star yesterday at the Riverrock festival. He had his pic taken in his Ruffwear harness by the Ruffwear guys. He said "Can I take his pic, we have a big following of Tripawds" (you don't say...lol). We were stopped by a lot of people, and apparently there were quite a few Tripawds walking around but we never saw them (there were hundreds of dogs)......booth next year at RiverRock Jim/Rene???? Its one of the best outdoor adventure festivals on the East Coast! 

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

Los Angeles, CA
18 May 2014 - 8:08 am

Oh I so wish I was closer .... I would LOVE to be there!!! 

Love that photo of Tanner - he looks like he has a "Shelby" face and "shelby ears" ... 

Have fun my friends! 🙂 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

On The Road

18 May 2014 - 5:04 pm

Glad you like the pix Sally!

Oh my gosh tell me more about Tanner and the Ruffwear guys! What's the Riverrock Festival?

Virginia
18 May 2014 - 8:11 pm

Here is a link to info about RiverRock: http://www.domi.....rrock.com/

It is very dog friendly, lots of kayaking, rock climbing etc. There is stand up paddling boarding with your pup and a 5K mud run you can do with your dog; also, the Ultimate Air Dogs competition (once I get Tanner to like water, we are so doing that LOL). I think both Eukanuba and Ruffwear are sponsors. I saw Helping Hands with a tent and there were a bunch of other "dog" booths including Ruffwear. They were really nice. We walked over to browse and one of the Ruffwear guys spotted Tanner. He asked to take his pic in front of the tent and said they have a big following of tripawds. I think we both said "tripawds.com" at the same time. I was pretty excited he knew about it! I told him we were on here and he asked for some feedback about the webmaster (we had the double back harness for Jake also). Then he took some pics and said he was sending them to his social media guy. I'm hoping he got a good shot. Tanner really is the cutest little guy. Even one of the BMX bikers stopped what he was doing to come over to see him. 

I know I am definitely more aware of tripawds now, but it seems like we really have a lot of them here. Perhaps an annual Tripawds party at RiverRock ?? laughing

On The Road

19 May 2014 - 11:26 am

Oooh thank you for that bit of info, we'll be sure to ask Ruffwear about the photos! I haven't seen them come through on their Twitter feed yet, when I do I'll post here.

Sounds like a very cool event!

We are working on some kind of East Coast Tripawds mini-convention for next year, maybe we can schedule it around that event. Stay tuned.

Virginia
24 May 2014 - 11:59 am

I really hope we can make it! Thanks so much for organizing this, Sally and Elizabeth and Tanner and Angels Happy Hannah and Jake! We'll have to see how Ms. Lexie is doing, but fingers and paws crossed that we'll be able to make it! :-)

Deb and Angel Lexie* Diagnosed at age 13. Tried radiation first; wish we had amputated upon diagnosis (even with lung mets). Joined Club Tripawd April 2014 & Lexie loved life on 3 legs! Advice: Start physical therapy as soon as your vet clears it, especially hydrotherapy if available :-) See Lexie pics here.  

On The Road

26 May 2014 - 12:10 pm

We'll need some help getting the word out folks, let's make this bigger than any Tripawd pawty in history! Those of you on social media please spread the word. And if anyone has any media contacts in the Richmond area, let me know and I'll get Wyatt Ray to pester them to show up!

Virginia

26 May 2014 - 7:46 pm

Okay....see what Jerry just said?? Biggest Tripawd Pawty in History!! Gotta' love her optimism!!

Okay, we know who is NOT on Social Media"...but all pf those who are...do your magic!

Snoops! You still thinking about makng it?

Okey Dokey Smokey...how 'bout yo? Michelle, we gotta' figure out how you can get here too!

Jerry, how 'bout your Fredericksburg Greyhound group?

Lpri? Still cosidermg it?

Alison..you CAN come!! This would be great for you! Surely you kow someone with air miles!!

Claudia? Bonnie? Erica?

ATTENTIN EVERYBODY ON THE EAST COAST OR CLOSE....."Y'ALL COME NOW, YA' HEAR!!!"

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

27 May 2014 - 9:33 am

We're doing our best to promote it and will start researching local media this week.

On The Road

27 May 2014 - 10:14 am

Quick question: can anypawdy there get to nearby dog parks and pet stores to post fliers? If so I can create one that you can print out.

Los Angeles, CA
27 May 2014 - 10:16 am

Oh how I wish I could join you and surely could find the air miles! But June 22nd is my annual "Spin-a-Thon" - my three hour spin raising money for cancer research. I've done it the past 4 years and this year I'm dedicating my ride to my best girl - since I KNOW advances in modern medicines and chemotherapies not only help humans but helped Miss Shelby! 

So know that I will be there in spirit, raising money and awareness for cancer and for dogs with cancer!!! XOXO

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 251
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: