TRIPAWDS: Home to 23112 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Virginia Tripawds, Let's Pawty on Sunday 6/22 in Richmond
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
30 May 2014 - 6:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

elizabeth said
I'll say yes for the flyers,...

Organize a Tripawds Pawty with a Downloadable DIY Flyer Template

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia
30 May 2014 - 6:16 pm

Done!! I will start plastering the town this weekend

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

On The Road

30 May 2014 - 8:43 pm

It's been a long time since we used that flyer, let us know if needs adjusting or a re-work. Thanks for getting the word out!

Virginia

31 May 2014 - 12:08 am

Okay, now this may come as a SHOCK,, bit I won't be able to"download - template- print, Etc. on tis tablet....and I'm clearly no "social media" techie.

However, Elizabeth, if you want to mail me some fliers after you "template" them, I'll be glad to pass sme arond.

Another SHOCK,"party planning" isn't exactly a strength of mine either!

I guess I'm jist visualizing a "gathering" of "like souls", dogs, video cameras, snacks and a cooler of everages. I'll bring some "in memory of" candles

And of course we can tie in something about the Morris Foundation Walk too.

I DO have the Shelter #4 reserved and I jave the permit. There are no special requirements for the fenced in dog park

Sorry I'm not uchnhelpmon the "promotin" end!
(Lori, so sorry yo can't be there, but lovely that you're having your grandbaby babtized!)

Jerry, thanks for contacting te newspaper

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia
31 May 2014 - 9:42 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Sally do you have email and a printer? If so I can email it to you. 

Oh and the template looked good to me. I did take out the part where I would list my telephone number and just kept the no need to rsvp part. 

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

Virginia

1 June 2014 - 4:24 pm

Nah, no printer, sorry!

HOWEVER, let me ask around and see if I can find someone who has a printer and compter amd you can email ot to them.

Thanks Elizabeth!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

11 June 2014 - 7:42 pm

Okay, so we are still on for the 22nd! Looking forward to it. I will try to post up some flyers around where I live:) we will probably get there around 11 ish:) I'm not an early morning person:)
Cheryl and Zach

On The Road

11 June 2014 - 11:15 pm

Ohhh sweeeeeeeeeet! Thanks for getting the word out and for attending, we can't wait to see pics!

Raleigh, NC
12 June 2014 - 10:50 pm

We live about 2.5 hours away (to the minute in perfect traffic)  and plan on coming up.  Since no plan ever meets first contact with the enemy, I have no idea when Cookie and I will be able to herd the human into the car.  She's not organized.  Ever.  The daddy is working that day so he can't make it.

Other than water, what do I need to bring?  big-grin

Virginia
13 June 2014 - 7:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Yay!! I think we plan on being there around 11ish also (probably a bit before). I didn't even think about bringing stuff. I will bring some snacks! 

Also, I should probably warn everyone now, when we pull into the dog park Tanner will be barking like crazy. He barks when he gets excited and if he sees other pups he's going to be very excited. So when we get out of the car, you all will probably think I have a vicious dog...but he's not at all! He goes to our local dog park all the time (and still barks like crazy when we get there). He just doesn't know how to control his excitement yetlaughing

On The Road

13 June 2014 - 8:30 am

Oh you guys we are so going to miss being there!
You may want to exchange cell numbers via Private Message just in case folks get lost or are going to be late, etc.

Virginia
13 June 2014 - 12:17 pm

Great idea...Cheryl and Ohmynixon, my number is in your inbox. I am not sure who all is planning to come, but if you are send me a PM and we can exchange numbers. I just spoke to Sally and she will be there shortly before 11 as well!!! 

YAY!! 

Virginia

17 June 2014 - 12:41 pm

This is going to be soooooooo much fuun!!!!!
So far the Richmond weather forccast is calling for sunny with possible AFTERNOON thunderstorm/showers. Al, out pups will be pretty well pooped by then anyway! I t is calling for temperatures pretty toasty.....low 90's! Not raining thoughis good!

The shelter itself is remted from 9 - 2. It's no biggie if we co tinue to gather adter 2-----we'lljust jave to move out of the shelter.

The Shelter #4 I reserved for us is covered (of course) and as picnic tables, etc. I've only been to this park once and that was when I had the grreat honor of meering Snoops, Abby, Esther and Don! We just sat in a little grassy area next to the parking area so I'm nor sure what our shelter will look like and exactly how close it is to the dog park.

OKAY.....I'm having huge internet connection issues and jave no idea if --and when--I'll be able to get back on. I may not be able to communicste with anyone. ELIZABETH and DEB have my phone number, so if anything changes or whatever, you can pm them and they can call me.

Oh, I have a "permit" with me tjat mist be presented..--.it's under name of TRIPAWDS and MORRIS FOU DATION, so, if for some reason someone gets there before I do, jist go hang out" arou d the sheltet, or dog park! We'll find yo! I don't think there are too many other groups bringing three legged dogs that day!!

Is anyone planning on arriving before 10:30??? If not, I should be ther "around" 10:30...sooner is fine too...just let me know!

SOOOOOOOOOexcited to meet everyone!! Get all goosey-bumpy must thi king about it!!!

Much love!

Sally and Happy Hannah

17 June 2014 - 12:56 pm

Hey guys - Team Greyhounds ROCK will be there. I was thinking about bringing in our Booth and have some of our items for sale. Yes? No? All our money goes towards Canine Cancer Research. We are about 2 hours away. I'll also bring some Xpens with me.
Kim Fraser

On The Road

17 June 2014 - 4:28 pm

Ohhh Kim this is pawesome!!! YAY!

I'm not really sure how many will turn out, we're trying to get the word out in the press. Got any contacts?

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 264
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17864
Moderators: 6