TRIPAWDS: Home to 24782 Members and 2181 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Virginia Tripawds, Let's Pawty on Sunday 6/22 in Richmond
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
21 June 2014 - 10:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Thank you Liz! ROXIE will be there with us! Always remembered, okay? Always loved,

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22 June 2014 - 6:45 am

Hi all,

Sounds like a wonderful day. Enjoy!

Westminster, MD
22 June 2014 - 6:52 am

Hi Laurie, your avatar pic is adorable.... Welcome to Tripawds.

Bonnie & Angel Polly

On The Road

22 June 2014 - 10:23 am

Hey everypawdy don't forget you can join the Google Hangout and pawty with the VA crew! They're getting a late start, here is the info:

https://plus.go.....qelcgqbvb8

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Westminster, MD
22 June 2014 - 11:07 am

I have downloaded Google+ and Hangouts, but cannot figure out how to navigate them..........I am truly useless with a computer......ughh !!

On The Road

22 June 2014 - 2:08 pm

Aww that's OK, they were not able to get the webcast going on over on their end so don't feel bad!

Just found out that Channel 8 News in Richmond was there, and everyone had a GREAT time! Lots of pics and updates to follow, stay tune!

Westminster, MD
22 June 2014 - 2:28 pm

I can't wait to see pics !!!

22 June 2014 - 3:49 pm

Tuck and I are looking forward to seeing pics too.

Linda

Idaho
22 June 2014 - 5:29 pm

I can't wait to see the pictures, either.  Downloaded Google Plus and now have a snarled up mess on my email settings.  NOT a big fan of Google, but that's what my provider uses.

Kathi and Murphy

Murphy is a five year old Lab/Chessie cross. He was hit by a car on 10/29/12 and became a Tripawd on 11/24/12. On 2/5/13, he had a total hip replacement on his remaining back leg. He has absolutely no idea that he has only three legs!

UPDATE: Murphy lived his life to the fullest, right up until an aggressive bone lesion took him across the Rainbow Bridge on April 9, 2015 and he gained his membership in the April Angels. Run free, my love. You deserve it!

Virginia

22 June 2014 - 6:37 pm

OOOOOPS OOOOOPS. MMMMMMMMMMM. DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The best time EVER:claclap

And guess what you little computer whiz bangs.....guess whose "no count worthless can't get a connection tablet" GOT A CONNECTION??!! Yep! That would be me! But I think the GOOGLE HEADS couldn't make it work because it was after 2:00....or something.

ANYWAY..SOME pictures are on the way as soon as sweet Michelle reads her emails and posts my attachments for me! Still can't connect to photobucket. Also downloading..uploading. A couple of videos ....it takes a long darn time for you tube to upload out here though!

But Elizabeth took some great pictures!! R U ready for this....900!!..

Okay, ZACH, TANNER (he makes Berne Bin Laden look normal), LEXI, COOKIE, OH MY NIXON, ANUI, ARIEL, MERRY MYRTLE
Our seniors, Zach and Lexi.....OMD.........they acted like two year olds!!! Both looked...and acted....amazingly fit, vibrant and just so darn happy! The Greys were their usual exquiste, well-behaved selves.

Can't wait for M you to see how well Ariel is doing....Two months ago could barely stand. Has a very devoted mom.

Aun I ( and I apologize for spelling), just stayed calmly in his crate watching the calamity...When Cookie and Nixon showed up it was playtime.

And my sweet Myrtle may never be the same. She was taught so many bad habits.......that's yet another whole story!!

Kylee, Elizabeths daughter became her new best friend and it was very hard to convince Kylee that I would not let Myrtle go home with her!! She asked me M if I would adopt her so she could come stay with Myrtle.......I think that's a great idea, til she becomes a teenager then I'm sending her back to Elizabeth!

If I can get YouTube posted, you'll see where Tanner and Myrtle had a bark off and where Zach and Myrtle refereed Ariel and Tanner in and wrestling match.

A special surprise from PUG Maggie and Karen was the TRIBUNE LEAKE formus!! Talk about a treasured way to honor our pups and cats..WOW! Liz and ROXIE ROO Rooooooo sent a Tibetan Prayer flag for us to. I placed all of these on our CELEBRATI OF LIFE MEMORIAL TABLE......hope you like it!

Gosh, cannot tell you how lovely......like in your heart and soul lovely today was!

AND a shout out to Deb's husband and Elizabeths boyfriend for helping out so much!.

It was truly a spectacular day!!!

Oh, and T J (Kim) picture was in a book on the CELEBRATI table but it didn't show up very well. I tried to place certain remembrances on the table (ie a glass BUBBLE, sparkle dog, etc.) to honor our heroes. Lori, I forgot the flip flop I laid out by the door to take! Drat!

As for tripawds tiring after the first hour..........not the Virginia tripawds......they partied for five hours straight!!! I'm no sure what kind of illegal steroids Tanner uses to stay pumped up.....but that boy was on a natural high all day long!!

We missed all of you! But we were all together in spirit!!

Oh Jerry....The larger candle on the celebration table...that one was lit for you!

Love and appreciation to each of you!!!.

Sally and Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!!

KAREN........thanks again for the tribute leash.....very, very special.

Tanner would take days to describe! I'll just say he s one unique, fun loving, full of mischief, high energy, life of the pawty kind of guy!!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

22 June 2014 - 6:41 pm

Oh! I saw the news clip...short and very sweet! The showed the celebration table, talked about how strangers United because of the prognosis and showed cute pics of the dogs!,! WE REALLY WANTED THEM TO GO TO DOG M PARK AND TAKE PICS OF THEM HAVING AN ABSOLUTE BALL BUT THEY RAN SHORT ON TIME. THE 11:00 news may show. More....I'll watch

Virginia

22 June 2014 - 6:49 pm

Reneeeeeeee! OKAY.....THE YOUTUBE PICS ARE DONE....that, s the good news....... The bad news is I cannot find the ural to paste on to the post. Can you go into my youtube account and post the first 3 videos. If you post the first 5 that's okay too because the other 2 are off myrtle! YAAAAAAAAAY and, as always I thank you so very very very very very very very very very very much

Idaho
22 June 2014 - 7:29 pm

What is the YouTube channel? Maybe we can just access it from there. I can't wait!

Kathi and Murphy

Murphy is a five year old Lab/Chessie cross. He was hit by a car on 10/29/12 and became a Tripawd on 11/24/12. On 2/5/13, he had a total hip replacement on his remaining back leg. He has absolutely no idea that he has only three legs!

UPDATE: Murphy lived his life to the fullest, right up until an aggressive bone lesion took him across the Rainbow Bridge on April 9, 2015 and he gained his membership in the April Angels. Run free, my love. You deserve it!

Virginia
22 June 2014 - 7:59 pm

What a great time we all had today!!!!! Stay tuned for a new thread. Tanner is uploading a slideshow as we speak laughing

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

On The Road

23 June 2014 - 7:10 am

Ohhh I cut out early last night and woke up to see the video and photos, what an awesome time! You were all in our hearts yesterday, could you feel it? What an incredible thing to get everyone together and on such a hot day too!

I need to look for the news clip. Looked yesterday but it wasn't online yet.

Sally, your narrative of the afternoon is adorable! But I gotta say, who IS that Mastiff doggie in the videos cause that is NO PUPPY! ;)

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: benny55, Matt_6
Guest(s) 67
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1284
Members: 18352
Moderators: 6