TRIPAWDS: Home to 23115 Members and 2160 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Photos from 2017 Virginia Tripawds Party
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Los Angeles, CA
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6 June 2017 - 9:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

They really do ... Jasper took to them too! In fact, I do suspect she misses them quite a bit ... especially now that I have done my laundry! 🙂 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

London, UK

6 June 2017 - 10:52 am

Awww, well please tell Jasper I miss her too, and I am so impressed by how well she handled all the many new experiences of the weekend.  Even the mousetrap! I thought she was amazing, really, but then she has a pretty amazing Mum.

As for 'calm, reassuring energy'... someone should try telling Meg that, the mardy mutt.

Ruby, Staffy, born June 2022, became a Tripawd, 23 November 2023, adopted 12 January 2024.

Also Angel Tripawd Meg (aka The Megastar), who died in April 2023, aged 14, after seven glorious years on three, and Angel Staffies Pie and Bille. In the pawprints of giants...

The Amazing Adventures of Ruby Tuesday 

My Life as a Megastar

Germany
7 June 2017 - 10:11 am

If you have a Manni at home the one thing you learn is calm... because anything else is just such a profound waste of one's energy...

I love the pictures Michelle, yours turned out way better than mine.

I miss you people, I am still sad that I didn't get to meet some of you, I miss your dogs, I still wish I really HAD taken Merry Miss Myrtle on the the seat next to me on the plane and I am now trying to figure out the route that I would have to go across the States to see all of you again....hmmmm....way-confused

Guardian of Manni the Wonderdog. -Or was it the other way around?
Osteo and amputation in Dec 2015. Second, inoperable, primary osteosarcoma found in June 2017.
The end of our adventures came Dec 10, 2017. 2 years to the day.

Manni's blog -dogblog-

Durham, NC
10 June 2017 - 4:29 am

Tina, I'm pretty sure if you came back, people would come to you! It's only fair ... just getting to the States is a long journey!

Love all the photos and am SO GLAD you all did a great job documenting. Izzy's oncologist asked me to send along the pictures of her from the party so Sally, you may become a Raleigh area celebrity! Everyone loves the photo of us with Izzy in her party hat!

Thank you ALL for a wonderful visit!!! 

Momma to the world's most beautiful American Bulldog, Izzy!! Lost her front leg to OSA 9/18/15. Diagnosed w MCT in June 2016. Celebrated her 1 year ampuversary with knee surgery on 9/18/16! MCT recurrence in Dec 2016. Happy & hungry til nearly 14, earning her wings on 7/31/17.

10 June 2017 - 7:32 am

Tina, I disagree about my pictures but thank you.  I loved yours plus i "borrowed them all" LOL.   I agree if you get to the states you know we would figure out a way to see you. 

Miss your smiling face.  

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Virginia

sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
13 June 2017 - 5:29 pm

Ohhh noooo.we're not done yet!! Here are some more happy times!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

That Cassie and Alex have a BEAUTIFUL pack!!!

Cassie's pack , Zach and Frankie:

Frankie's Puppacino style

Frankie's Puppacinno style:

.erry Myrtle attacks her Pulpacino

Merry Myrtle attacking her Puppy Latte:

The adorable Ziggy loving his Puppacino (Casey and Alex)

Cassie's pack:

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

13 June 2017 - 5:32 pm

More to come!! HOWEVER, WHO HAS A PHOTO OF JOE!!! ADORABLE PUPPY JOE that Ted picked out for Wanda!!!!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

13 June 2017 - 6:52 pm

Love the videos Sally.  Great job 🙂

xoxoxox

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

13 June 2017 - 7:01 pm

Can't watch these without a big ol' smile on my face but dang it Sally, you are giving the OP ideas!!!!

Virginia

18 June 2017 - 5:24 pm

Can you spot 15 yr young Aissa politely licking her Puppy Latte???Look closely.....you can see two happy eyes dancing with delight and a slight glimpse of a frosty muzzle:-) 🙂 Such a sweet gal in Karma's pack. She just takes it all in stride 🙂

15 yr young Aissa:

Virginia

18 June 2017 - 5:28 pm

Yep, our sweet Murphy proving he was there with us......and always will be. We don't need to "see" him to feel his presenceheart

The illusion of Murphy's Puppacinno style:

Atlanta, GA
18 June 2017 - 9:36 pm

Aww thanks for posting Aissa's video Sally.  This was most likely my sweet girls last road trip.  But it was also right at her 15th birthday and she got to see the ocean for the first time as well.  She did so good on the trip and had such a great time.

Karma, Adelaide, Aissa, Maggie May and always with our angel Brendol

Adelaide is a young tripawd Husky, from an injury.  Her amp was on 10/1/12.  She has 4 sisters, Aissa (a senior border collie/chow), Maggie May (a puppy Great Pyrenees), Mathilde and Morrigan and 1 baby brother, Bagheera.  We are all watched over by our angel Brendol, who was dx with OSA 1/30/13, amp on 2/6/13, and left us on 8/20/13.

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

You can read their stories at http://adelaide.tripawds.com and http://brendol.tripawds.com
Atlanta, GA
18 June 2017 - 9:40 pm

http://adelaide.....cc94d3315/

Aissa in the ocean

Adelaide is a young tripawd Husky, from an injury.  Her amp was on 10/1/12.  She has 4 sisters, Aissa (a senior border collie/chow), Maggie May (a puppy Great Pyrenees), Mathilde and Morrigan and 1 baby brother, Bagheera.  We are all watched over by our angel Brendol, who was dx with OSA 1/30/13, amp on 2/6/13, and left us on 8/20/13.

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

You can read their stories at http://adelaide.tripawds.com and http://brendol.tripawds.com

19 June 2017 - 7:39 am

<3 the ocean picture of Aissa.

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

On The Road

19 June 2017 - 8:57 am

15 is so amazing! What an honor to meet the one and only Aissa. She's a sweetie.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: admin, benny55, Christine_8
Guest(s) 302
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17867
Moderators: 6