TRIPAWDS: Home to 23115 Members and 2160 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Photos from 2017 Virginia Tripawds Party
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
24 June 2017 - 9:31 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Linda!! 🙂 🙂 Okay, since youFORCED me to show more video (just by mentioning "video").......
This was when I let Merry Myrtle and Frankie in for the first time to meet Teri and Elizabeth. Elizabeth tried to "stay out of the way" because she knew she would get slimed. Note where Myrtle went first. She loves her Elizabeth. She met her at the first "little" pawty when she was five months old. She sat right next to Elizabeth on the ben h at the Dog Park and did the same thing this year. And then Frankie discovered Teri......hope you can hear Elizabeth's comment

Teri meeting Murtle & Frankie.....Elizabeth hiding:

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Schofield, WI
24 June 2017 - 9:49 am

Love it Sally!  Elizabeth is so lucky to be able to see your two often!  😂😂😂 laughing at "did you drug them" question!  Hysterical!  But she was right they really were on best behavior mode the entire weekend!  In fact I believe all the attending pups were likewise which I found truly impressive!  Maybe they were all feeding off the love and energy of us humans?

Palmer, Alaska
24 June 2017 - 11:02 am

LOVE those happy tails!! Thank you for sharing this video Sally, it put a big smile on my face this morning 😊☀️

Hugs,

Jeanette, Angel Boone and Boone's Earthly Sidekick Tuck 💕🌈🐾

Virginia
24 June 2017 - 1:14 pm

They were SO well behaved; and, Sally was too! Hahahaha 😉 

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

24 June 2017 - 6:57 pm

I so love these videos.  I wish we were all closer together.  I would be with everyone every weekend.  I miss everyone.  Just hard to believe its almost a month ago.  Still so many emotions. 

heartheartheart

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Southwestern Ontario, Canada
4 July 2017 - 9:13 am

Love those wagging tails.....   thinking of you guys always..... xoxoxo

Franklin, he was the Happiest Dog on Three Legs! Diagnosed 09/26/2012 with Osteosarcoma, amputated 12/4/2012.  Had a wonderful 5 1/2 months painfree until he ran for the Bridge on 5/15/2013.  Always in my heart, and always a guardian angel of my pack...   You can follow his Tripawd Adventures, before and after, in my blog, Frank'n'Farter!

Virginia

4 July 2017 - 9:27 am

CHRISTINE!!!!! CHRISTINE!!!!! OMD!!!!! It took a pawTy in Virginia to bring out out one of our FAVORITE people in the whole world!!!! I PROMISE, WE THINK OF YOU, ANF FRANKLIN AND MAGGIE AND MR WILSON ALL THE TIME.....a d always with love and smiles!!! And no one EVER has been able to describe the Bridge like you do!!!!! 🙂 🙂

A d Frankli 's banner ALWAYS brings us a smile and loving thoughts of our journey together!! 🙂

If anyone doesn't know Franklin, click on the profile and follow the journey of an amazing 14 YR Young Tripawd who showed Seniors everywhere how to rock three legs!!

Love you so much Christine! PLEASE pop in every now and then....And always with pictures....past and prese t!!

Love always

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia
4 July 2017 - 3:50 pm

Christine!!!! How are you?!!! heartheartheart

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

Southwestern Ontario, Canada
7 July 2017 - 6:44 am

Hellloooooooo my sweet two legger and three legger friends...  you guys are always in my mind.. and I will update Mr. Franklin's blog soon...  I still lurk and read ....   Life's been so busy.. Annie is almost 2 now and has been taking agility classes! She is such a sweet old soul and so gentle... Wilson is well... Mr. Wilson.. with the grace of Godzilla... lol   I miss my Maggie daily.. she was a special girl.. and Franklin keeps reminding me everyday how to be more Dawg!

Love those pictures and videos..  such fun .. and seeing all those smiles.. just warms the heart....   I really do need to get a ribbon for Franklin on that leash!!

Bark atcha later!

Christine....  with Franklin always in my heart

Franklin, he was the Happiest Dog on Three Legs! Diagnosed 09/26/2012 with Osteosarcoma, amputated 12/4/2012.  Had a wonderful 5 1/2 months painfree until he ran for the Bridge on 5/15/2013.  Always in my heart, and always a guardian angel of my pack...   You can follow his Tripawd Adventures, before and after, in my blog, Frank'n'Farter!

Virginia
7 July 2017 - 6:59 am

So great to hear you are doing well Christine!! Would love to read an update! 

On another note here, whoever was talking about the Pet Corrector Spray (air) at the party (my sincere apologies for not remembering who that was).....THANK YOU!!! I couldn't take Milo's yappy ear piercing,"OMG the zombie apocalypse is coming, the world is ending" barking anytime there was a car door shut, a thud or an invisible noise apparently only dogs can hear sound within a 10 mile radius of his kingdom (aka my house). Not to mention he was teaching Tanner that same bad manner. Tanner got the hint at one spray (he really is a brilliant dog). This morning as I was leaving (Milo get's very mad when I leave..he barks and growls and snarls), I just showed him the can as I walked out and in my most loving stern voice said NO. His ears went back and he gave me that I'm mad so I'm gonna poop on the floor when you leave look..but NO BARKING. 

WHEW...seriously, I can't thank whoever told me about it enough. Here's to continued peace, or at least a step in that direction.... 

Virginia

7 July 2017 - 10:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

ELIZABETH!!!! LAUGHING MY A*S OFF!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 That Milo is soooooo lucky to have you as his human!!!! 🙂 🙂 What an endearing character!! 🙂 And for those of us who had the privilege of meeting him, he has an incredible feisty attitude in that tiny, somewhat..er..."physically challenged" earth body of his!!! This lets it be known he put the MIGHTY in the little! 🙂

Yes, you can thank howling, shrill ear piercing, I'm gonna vocalize about anything and everything, Mr Frankie!! :-)' You've had the "privilege" of hearing his song 🙂

And from there, you can thank Michelle who mentioned it to me in the first place! 🙂

And yes, he's taught quiet and laid back Myrtle to "try" and "howl" with him. Her vocals are much more palatable....she just does quick short bursts of a high pitched "bark". And Frankie gets right in front of her face and continues his howling to try and show her how to do it. He wants to teach her so badly and she tries so hard!

With Frankie, like Tanner, it worked INSTANTLY! I could use it from a distance and never even really had to do it at it's most powerful "sound". 'Could just show him the can.

This video will show you how ...er....impactful it is now 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 And you KNOW we need videomof Mi@o and Tanner reacting......while it still is effective! 🙂

Myrtle, Frankie & the "corrector":

7 January 2018 - 6:23 pm

So I had been wanting to do this for awhile and with it 3 weeks with freezing and below 0 windchills.  I thought I needed a reminder of spring.    I put together a video of the VA party of the century.

Miss everyone

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Virginia

7 January 2018 - 6:48 pm

I was soooooo over the moon happy to relive all these GLORIOUS memories thwt bonded us all furever!!  Anyone who has been to a Tripawd Pawty knows what I'm talking about.  Whether it's three people or thirty people,  Magic is made!

I'm just gonna "cooy" the reply I made to Michelle when she losted this in Sassy's blog.  And thanks to Angel Sassy for letting us use her blog for such happy memories.  Her presence, the presence of all who are at the Bridge, were there eith usheart

Virginia

7 January 2018 - 6:52 pm

Okay...let's try this "copy" stuff again:

MIIIIIICHEEEEEELLEEE!!! BRILLIANT!!!! GENIUS!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
OMD!!!! YOU DID A SPECTACULAR JOB!!! YOU CAPTURED SOOO MANY HAPPY MEMORIES!! YOU PRESENTED THEM IN A WAY THAT WE COULD LITERALLY….LITERALLY….RELIVE EACH GLORIOUS MOMENT OVER AND OVER!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Yeah, it’s bitter cold here too, but you just warmed the hearts of each of us just as though we’d been kissed by a touch of Spring! 🙂

And KID ROCK singing FOR US!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Are you kiddin’ me?? BEST CHOICE EVVVVER!!! 🙂 🙂

Thumbuddy had some pictures in “storage” cuz I know there were some I hadnt seen!! You ABSOLUTELY nailed it with every single photo!!

And with almort every single photo I can recall the exact scenario surrounding each picture!! Murphy getting his Starbucks, even though he wasn’t “there” (but ALWAYS present). Karma setting up facebooger in my tavlet! You feeding Wyatt actual food!! Jim must have been in the port-a-potty!

Michelle, you have given us a chance to relive such a happy, happy time with the best humanity has to offer…dogs included!!! 🙂

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! A GAZILLION THANK YOUS!!! YOU PUT SO MUCH LOVE AND SO MUCH HEART INTO EVERY SINGLE PHOTO MATCHING THE PERFECT SONG!!!

With soooooo much gratitude for this EPIC re-do of our EPIC PAWTY!! 🙂 🙂

London, UK

8 January 2018 - 5:54 am

Michelle, you have taken me back there! This is just so wonderful. Thank you! You truly have taken me right back across the ocean, and the wrong way down the freeway to be with all you fabulous beings, human and canine both.  THANK YOU!!!! This is sooooo uplifting and has given me a tremendous boost on a gloomy, grey, rainy ol' British day. How I wish I could be back with you all in person. That will have to wait a while. Though it will happen, I am certain. In the meantime, I now have this to return to, so I can relive the brilliant, lovely party again and again. Great music too. Thank you.

Huge hug,

Clare ❤️

Ruby, Staffy, born June 2022, became a Tripawd, 23 November 2023, adopted 12 January 2024.

Also Angel Tripawd Meg (aka The Megastar), who died in April 2023, aged 14, after seven glorious years on three, and Angel Staffies Pie and Bille. In the pawprints of giants...

The Amazing Adventures of Ruby Tuesday 

My Life as a Megastar

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 292
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17867
Moderators: 6