TRIPAWDS: Home to 22971 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Photos from 2017 Virginia Tripawds Party
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
London, UK

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23 June 2017 - 1:31 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Just to let you know my piece for The Guardian on the Virginia Tripawds Pawty will be in the paper (and online) next Saturday, 1st July.

(not tomorrow, as I'd told a few of you. Got a bit ahead of myself, sorry...)

I'll be posting a link under Tripawds in the News

(and waiting anxiously for your response... oh-my)

Clare x

Ruby, Staffy, born June 2022, became a Tripawd, 23 November 2023, adopted 12 January 2024.

Also Angel Tripawd Meg (aka The Megastar), who died in April 2023, aged 14, after seven glorious years on three, and Angel Staffies Pie and Bille. In the pawprints of giants...

The Amazing Adventures of Ruby Tuesday 

My Life as a Megastar

Michigan

23 June 2017 - 4:31 am

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Can't wait! We look forward to reading it!

heart

On The Road

23 June 2017 - 8:57 am

Thanks for the update! Good things come to those who wait. way-cool

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia

23 June 2017 - 11:10 am

WOW CLARE!!! Talk about a "labor of love"!!!:-) 🙂 🙂 I cannot even begin to imagine how time consuming this must have been! THANK YOU!!!

You have given us yet another way to memorialize this EPIC event! And we KNOW WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, this article will be perfect in every way on so many levels!! 🙂

Have Meg a d Elsie Pie been pouting because you had to spend time kn this article? Maybe if you losted some pictures of them they wouldn't feel...er...."neglected!! PICTURES!!! YAY!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

23 June 2017 - 11:26 am

In tne meantime....still finding some more yunposted videos! YAY!

Not sure what this was about other than a cameo from the Admi. Guy!

Rene, Tina, Frankie and Merry Myrtle and.......

Tina, Rene, Frankie and Merry Myrtle.& Jim:

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Santa Fe, NM

23 June 2017 - 11:54 am

another "lost" video...

Hugs!

Teri, Roxy and angel Isa

Right rear leg amp 7/12/16 due to OSA. Metastatic lesion on her right front leg, January 2017. Joined the Winter Warriors January 19, 2017. Run free my sweet girl.

Virginia

23 June 2017 - 12:09 pm

That Myrtle sure loves jer Teri! Smooching her through the camera!! 🙂 And look! Paula and Sam in the background! OOOVE IT! 🙂

Okay, here's ine where Teri meets Frankie and Merry Myrtle for the first time at my house. Mhrtle's proudly showing her stuffy off to Teri....Frankie is in the background wiggling and wagging as he gets butt rubs and body scratches from Elizabeth 🙂 🙂

Frankie and Myrtle looove Elizabeth & Teri! :-):

23 June 2017 - 12:38 pm

I can't wait to read it Clare.  Might have to send you some money to get a hard copy of it 🙂  <3 <3 <3.  Haven't had time to view videos yet (supposed to be working) will  watch later

xoxoxox

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Michigan

23 June 2017 - 1:13 pm

Love the excitement and butt wagging & myrtles stuffy showing it off! Cute! I had a Purrkins lay on the lap top soooo a bit of delay there !The fun continues! Myrtles collar I love it! 

23 June 2017 - 5:35 pm

Great videos everyone 🙂   I didn't take any video and probably should have.  Dang it didn't even think about it

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

On The Road

23 June 2017 - 7:07 pm

I SO admire Sally's ability to remember to video! We didn't take many either other than the interviews with folks, which I SWEAR we will do something with soon!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

London, UK

24 June 2017 - 6:16 am

Have Meg a d Elsie Pie been pouting because you had to spend time kn this article? Maybe if you losted some pictures of them they wouldn't feel...er...."neglected!! PICTURES!!! YAY!!

Now you know very well, Sally, how much I loathe posting pictures of the girls. But, just for you...

It's true that they did they did get a little neglected as the deadline loomed. The Megastar was pretty good actually. She mostly just slept it out.

Image Enlarger

But with The Pie, I'm afraid, I had to resort to bribery.

Image Enlarger

heartheartheart

Ruby, Staffy, born June 2022, became a Tripawd, 23 November 2023, adopted 12 January 2024.

Also Angel Tripawd Meg (aka The Megastar), who died in April 2023, aged 14, after seven glorious years on three, and Angel Staffies Pie and Bille. In the pawprints of giants...

The Amazing Adventures of Ruby Tuesday 

My Life as a Megastar

24 June 2017 - 8:16 am

Awww Meg love the pictures of Meg & Elsie.   Now I had to bribe Snickers when I got home.  She was more interested in the smells on my bag than me.    Elsie pie I sure hope you didn't steal all those treats like Snickers does 😉

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Schofield, WI
24 June 2017 - 9:17 am

Michelle the "Pie" never steals!  She may borrow things on occasion but sweet Pie could never steal!  Clare I'm so looking forward to your article!  I know it will be sensational!  And after browsing this entire thread I have now figured out why I didn't get a sit down with Sally!  She was a moving machine taking pictures and videos!  She never stopped apparently!  I'm ready for a "do over" of the entire weekend!  Thanks to all for sharing their pictures and videos so I can relive it over and over!

Virginia

24 June 2017 - 9:18 am

So Meg, kudos to you for just anpping while your Mom was busy trying to squeeze a week of florious adventure into about one hundred words!!! Maybe it was a few more than that, but it probably felt that limited to her!!

But Megastar,sometimes being sucha good girl just doesn't reap the same rewards as being just a bit persistently annoying! 🙂 And clearly Elsie Pie has mastered that art splendidly!! 🙂 Look at that vucket of duck treats!!! OMD!!! Bigger than Elsie Pie! And I KNOW she tip toed over to it so she wouldn't wake you.....er.....as a courtesy of course......not because she wanted to eat the whole thing all.by herself!!! 🙂 🙂

A d Clare, we can never, ever have enough pictures of these two......EVER!!!

Ans Michelle, love that Snickers doesn't wait to be handed treats.....she just foes gets them in her own!! 🙂

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Cynthia Lindgren
Guest(s) 230
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17732
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: