TRIPAWDS: Home to 23086 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Photos from 2017 Virginia Tripawds Party
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
31 May 2017 - 10:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Little Milo is sooooo cute (Elizabeth and Tanner)

2017-06-01-00.30.33_zpsnzktpvzz.jpgImage Enlarger

And Tanner is a cutie pie too! Love those ears! 🙂

20170527_182131-1_zps6seagid5.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

31 May 2017 - 10:47 pm

Thought this was kind of a special moment between Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle. Maybe a moment of "recognition"?

20170527_183203-1_zpsmsmgpywx.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Durham, NC
1 June 2017 - 8:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Can I get the photo of Izzy and I, pretty please??? She looks SO HAPPY!

Momma to the world's most beautiful American Bulldog, Izzy!! Lost her front leg to OSA 9/18/15. Diagnosed w MCT in June 2016. Celebrated her 1 year ampuversary with knee surgery on 9/18/16! MCT recurrence in Dec 2016. Happy & hungry til nearly 14, earning her wings on 7/31/17.

1 June 2017 - 8:38 am

These are great.  I will be adding mine when I get home 🙂   Seems like time flew by when we were all together.  Just not enough time to spend a lot of time with everyone.  That 3-8 went really really fast.   Didn't seem long enough.  I know I didn't get to talk to everyone as long as I liked to that is for sure. 

I never say good bye its until I see you again.   I know we will see each other again.

lots of love

xoxxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Virginia

1 June 2017 - 8:47 am

AMY pm me your email and I can send you the ones I have. I don't jave a printer but at least you can get them printed if you go to Somewhere like Walgreens or CVS...I think anyway.

Atlanta, GA
1 June 2017 - 9:03 am

Here are some of the pawty pictures that I grabbed...

Clare and FrankieImage Enlarger

Addy and MM at dog parkImage Enlarger
 Donna and Glen, and Jim and ReneImage Enlarger
 Cassie and DominoImage Enlarger
 Sam and my seal Maggie MayImage Enlarger
 Wyatt Ray Dawg with Brendol overlookingImage Enlarger
 Everyone on best behaviorImage Enlarger
 DCJackImage Enlarger
 Jasper Lily and friendImage Enlarger
 Image Enlarger
 Miss SallyImage Enlarger
 Pawty PaulaImage Enlarger

Such a great group of dogs and people.

Karma - Adelaide and the pack and always with our angel Brendol

Adelaide is a young tripawd Husky, from an injury.  Her amp was on 10/1/12.  She has 4 sisters, Aissa (a senior border collie/chow), Maggie May (a puppy Great Pyrenees), Mathilde and Morrigan and 1 baby brother, Bagheera.  We are all watched over by our angel Brendol, who was dx with OSA 1/30/13, amp on 2/6/13, and left us on 8/20/13.

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

You can read their stories at http://adelaide.tripawds.com and http://brendol.tripawds.com
Virginia

1 June 2017 - 9:15 am

OH KARMA!!! THANK. YOU!

Keep em coming EVERYBODY!! I jave a few more of the Starbucks guzzlers, but we NEED pics from everybody!

HOLLY CHOO CHOO CHOOY...looove that! 🙂

Los Angeles, CA
1 June 2017 - 9:30 am

OMG ... loving all these photos but really love that one of Jasper Lily with the other dog (I can't recall the name). She looks so relaxed and at ease ... 

At risk of sounding like a broken record .. I cannot get over how proud she made me this weekend! To be tossed into a situation with so many dogs, so much bigger than her mostly, and new people ... she took it all in stride! Such a smart and good girl! I suspect Shelby would have been the same but did not expect this from JL! 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Santa Fe, NM

1 June 2017 - 11:01 am

Most of what I have is at least moderately repetitive of everyone else. but in answer to Holly's questions - yes, those of us who were at Sally's on Friday did get to see the vultures (I keep thinking of them as buzzards):

And in all fairness, Myrtle is her mommy's lapdog too:

Myrtle with Hannah's picture:

The beautiful Izzy, beautiful Amy and beautiful Sally:

Poor sad, neglected, ignored Myrtle:

and lastly, the angel table by candlelight:

Image Enlarger

Right rear leg amp 7/12/16 due to OSA. Metastatic lesion on her right front leg, January 2017. Joined the Winter Warriors January 19, 2017. Run free my sweet girl.

1 June 2017 - 11:57 am

OMDEEEE you guys! Thanks so much everypawdy for sharing MORE pics and videos!clapclap I "almost" feel like I was there in person. You can just feeeel the love. And the pups with their latte "styles", so cutesmiley 

I don't know how we'll top this one but we need to do one of these EVERY year! And rotate around the countrylaughing

xoxo,

Martha and the OP

On The Road

1 June 2017 - 1:10 pm

Aww love the pics. We might have a few more photos on our phone. Stay tuned.

It was SO awesome going to Virginia for the celebration and spending time with everyone. We had a blast!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Michigan

2 June 2017 - 5:06 am

Nothing is repetitive about this pawty🎉

We love seeing all the pictures and videos! We all feel like we were there by seeing all the fun!

Awe I figured you guys would get to see them & get a hiss;)

Thanks Teri!!

Sally yep Choo Choo , choochy & chooch was any of those that was Grampy Ray;)heart

P.S. I wonder if someone could use one of the pictures and label everyone's name for us? I have a good handle on a lot of the pictures of who is who now. But wondered if someone had the time it would be nice to know who everyone is with a little note above the heads;)

Like sally does on the tablet sometimes;)

Day 2 there is a lot ? Not sure who is who and the pups too. Thank you if anyone can do that we would all appreciate it.

heart

Germany
2 June 2017 - 6:42 am

ok, here goes...

P1180457.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180454.jpgImage Enlarger

Image Enlarger

P1180461.jpgImage Enlarger

Guardian of Manni the Wonderdog. -Or was it the other way around?
Osteo and amputation in Dec 2015. Second, inoperable, primary osteosarcoma found in June 2017.
The end of our adventures came Dec 10, 2017. 2 years to the day.

Manni's blog -dogblog-

Germany
2 June 2017 - 6:46 am

P1180462.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180463.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180464.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180465.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180466.jpgImage Enlarger

Osteo and amputation in Dec 2015. Second, inoperable, primary osteosarcoma found in June 2017.

Manni's blog -dogblog-

Germany
2 June 2017 - 6:50 am

P1180467.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180469.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180471.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180472.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180477.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180478.jpgImage Enlarger

P1180480.jpgImage Enlarger

Manni's blog -dogblog-

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 241
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17844
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3