TRIPAWDS: Home to 23112 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Mouse's (Great Dane) amputation/hemipelvectomy scheduled for tomorrow, 11/2
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3 November 2016 - 9:12 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Sooooo, soooo, sooovery, very sorry. Stunned to hear this. Heartbroken for you and with you. We already fell nead over heels in love with precious Mouse (perfect name). He's our family. We are all crying for you and with you.

Your love for Mouse came shining through with every word and every action. You loved Mouse enough to make the .ost selfless gift we can ever give our pups. You released him from his earthly body that no longer served him. He told you he was ready and you listened. He knew you would. He knew you loved him that much.

Mouse was home, he was surrounded by your love, he was bathed in sunlight as he returned to the light.

As Moise got to the Bridge, he was free of pain and, u like most dogs there, he already had all four legs to run a d frolic and didn't need to get his leg back! I know it was a great celebration as they welcomed Magnificent Moise back home. Steaks, lots of steaks and ice cream and cake. Mouse will be watch over you from the Bridge. He WILL send you signs that he is still cery present with you. I hope you'll let us know how he connects with you.

I know you are absolutely gutted right now. The intensity of these past several days nas been brutal. The preparation, mentally and physically, awful, awfully sad. The void will seem unbearable for awhile. Your grief will hit you gain anfpd again with no reprieve.

But we all promise you this. Mouse and you shared thousands and thousands of happy memories and they will, slowly but surely, push the sadness I to the background as the happy memories take over. Mouse would not want you to be sad. He isn't. He doesn't regret ine single moment. He loved having you as his humans!

In fact, he's been telling everybody at the Bridge he had the best time ever!! He's bragging about all the cuddles he got every single day! Bragging a lot!!

When you can, PLEASE share more about Mouse and pictures too. We would love to hear about some of the special times you shared. And include photos and stories about Violet too. Heck, who knows, Mouse may already have a dog who needs to be loved picked out for you and Violet. Just sayin'.......

Surrounding you with love and happy memories of the Magnificent Mouse

Sally and My Chunky Spiritual Being Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

3 November 2016 - 9:49 am

Oh nooo, I'm really sorry to read this, it's not what any of us ever expect to happen. Never forget you did all you could for your sweet pup, the giant Mouse dog with an even bigger heart. No pup could ever ask for more in their humans, he was so lucky to have you for his people. To give him a farewell like that is such a gift. I know your heart hurts now, but his spirit is shining brightly and surrounding you with love.

If you want to share more about him, we'd love to celebrate his life with you. Please know you and Mouse are always part of this community.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

London, UK

3 November 2016 - 11:25 am

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Mouse. This is truly heartbreaking. He was clearly so deeply loved and cherished and everything you did came out of this right to the end. I love the fact he spent time in the sun and was spoiled and treasured as celebrated just as he deserved. He lived and died bathed in your love; you could not give him more.

Run free beautiful Mouse!

My heart goes out to you in your loss.

Sending hugs,

Meg, Clare and Elsie Pie, and Spirit Billie too xxxx

Ruby, Staffy, born June 2022, became a Tripawd, 23 November 2023, adopted 12 January 2024.

Also Angel Tripawd Meg (aka The Megastar), who died in April 2023, aged 14, after seven glorious years on three, and Angel Staffies Pie and Bille. In the pawprints of giants...

The Amazing Adventures of Ruby Tuesday 

My Life as a Megastar

Norene, TN
3 November 2016 - 11:54 am

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Mouse. My heart is weighing so heavy for you and your pack.

Peace be with you. xoxo

Harmony became a Tripawd on 10/21/14 (MCT). She left us way too soon on 11/1/14.

"We miss you so much; our love, our heart, our Harmony."

- Pam, Ron and Melody, Meesha, Doublestuff and Mariah Carey

3 November 2016 - 7:28 pm

NO NO NO NO !!!!!!

I so hate this stupid disease !!!

I could not believe it when I read your post ...

It is so heartbreaking I can't even begin to imagine how you feel 😔

My heart is so, so heavy and I feel shell shocked and crushed 😔

You had no options again ... 

But you know, like all of us who lost dear babies, that he is watching over you and lives forever in your heart.

Love never dies.

Mouse will always stay close to you and love you the same but in energy form.

I wish I could hug you through the screen and help ease your pain but sadly only time can do that. 

Cherish his memory and keep him in your heart, you could not have done more than you did and he knows it. 

Sending you all my love and wish you will find peace in your heart 💕

Eurydice 77kg/170lb Great Dane limping end of April 2016, amputation (right front leg/osteosarcoma) 4 May 2016 6 courses of carboplatin followed by metronomic therapy, lung mets found 30 Nov 2016. 3 courses of doxorubicin, PET scan 26 Jan 2017 showed more mets so stopped chemo. Holistic route April 2017. Lung X-ray 5 May 2017 showed several tennis ball size mets, started cortisone and diuretics. Miss Cow earned her XXL silver wings 12 June 2017, 13 months and 1 week after amputation and 6 1/2 months after lung mets, she was the goofiest dawg ever and is now happily flying from cloud to cloud woof woofing away :-) 

Livermore, CA

3 November 2016 - 9:07 pm

Oh no!  I am so sorry you had to let Mouse go on ahead.  I was so hoping that this time you guys would get the chance to beat OSA.  It must be extra hard after losing Dallas the same way.

As Jerry said once you are here you are family and you are always welcome to post about Mouse and Dallas.  So many of us have had to make that terrible decision and can offer at least a little support and maybe help help carry a bit of your grief.

I hope good memories soon replace the sadness.  Mouse will always be with you.

Karen and Spirit Maggie

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

3 November 2016 - 9:17 pm

My heart is breaking for you. One moment thinking you're go for surgery and the next such devastating news. The decision to let them go is one of the hardest we will ever make, but it comes from a place of love. You loved Mouse and he loved you. You gave him the best life he could have had and THOSE are the things that count. He's at the Bridge with Dallas, pain free and playing until you get there to join them. 

Healing blessings to you and your packheart

Nancy- mom to the FABULOUS Fionn. He rescued me in 2015 when he was 6. 

Right front leg amputation at age 7 for osteosarcoma 10/6/16. Taken too soon 6/12/17. Read about our journey here:

http://fionnsjo.....pawds.com/

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 301
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17864
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3