TRIPAWDS: Home to 23135 Members and 2161 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
On the wings of angels, Shy winter of 1997-June 20th, 2011.
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Greater Western Washington area
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
20 June 2011 - 4:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

There has never been a more loyal friend in my life.  I wish I could have given her more.  She was smart, stubborn, wonderful, funny, she would have given her life for me.  I am humbled and I am so sad to sit here alone.  I miss you already my beautiful girl.  On the wings of Gods angels, may you already be with Jazzy and Momma kitty.  I will be with you again someday and I will try so hard to be worthy of your love.

Elizabeth

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

On The Road

20 June 2011 - 5:03 pm

Rest in peace, sweet Shy.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Pontiac, IL
20 June 2011 - 5:14 pm

We are so sorry about Shy. She was just beautiful. Snuggle up with Sammy tonight and remember your pretty girl.

In your heart, where I belong.
20 June 2011 - 5:23 pm

Dear Elizabeth,

You are definitely worthy of Shy's love. What if she said the same thing to you? What if she hopes she was worthy of your love?

I think you have to realize how others see you, Elizabeth. Everyone here sees you as an absolute angel, an iincredibly sensitive and devoted guardian who would go to the ends of the earth for your companions. You are worthy, Elizabeth. You gave your lives to each other. And when you helped her put on her wings, you gave her life back to her. You gave her the ability to run, to fly, to smile. You set her free, and that is a gift. Remember that this whole dog-human love bond goes both ways, and she loved you easily as much as you love her.

I'm thinking of you. A lot.

Shari

From abandoned puppy to Tripawd Warrior Dude, Dakota became one of the 2011 February Furballs due to STS. Our incredibly sweet friend lived with grace and dignity till he impulsively raced over the Bridge on 12-15-12.

Dakota's thoughtful and erudite blog is at http://shari.tr.....pawds.com/

San Diego, CA
20 June 2011 - 5:54 pm

So sorry to read of your loss of Shy. She looks like such a sweetheart. I hope you can find comfort in remembering all the love you shared with her.

Jackie, Abby's mom

Abby: Aug 1, 2009 – Jan 10, 2012. Our beautiful rescue pup lived LARGE with osteosarcoma for 15 months – half her way-too-short life. I think our "halflistic" approach (mixing traditional meds + supplements) helped her thrive. (PM me for details. I'm happy to help.) She had lung mets for over a year. They took her from us in the end, but they cannot take her spirit! She will live forever in our hearts. She loved the beach and giving kisses and going to In-N-Out for a Flying Dutchman. Tripawds blog, and a more detailed blog here. Please also check out my novel, What the Dog Ate. Now also in paperback! Purchase it at Amazon via Tripawds and help support Tripawds!

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
20 June 2011 - 5:54 pm

Elizabeth, such beautiful words for your loyal friend. Shy was lucky to have you, as you were lucky to have her.  They bring such warmth to our lives. No doubt you will feel the emptiness for a long while. She will watch over you and protect you from afar.

My heart is with you.

RIP sweet Shy.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge. You will forever live in our hearts.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

Leicester, NY
20 June 2011 - 6:46 pm

Elizabeth,

We are thinking our you. You gave Shy the ultimate gift of love.

Give Sammy a hug and may you both find comfort and peace.

Daisy earned her wings on Oct 22, 2011 at 14 years old

She is now the official greeter at the rainbow bridge

Everyone is guaranteed a welcome sniff and Dalmatian smile

Mount Pleasant, Ia
20 June 2011 - 6:48 pm

Elizabeth, you gave Shy the best and then some. I can only say how very sad we are for your loss - and please know that it is not said lightly, that we grieve for you and with you today in Coopers household. God bless you and bring you peace.

Coopsdad

Coopsdad/ Kenneth Blackburn

http://cooper.t.....ipawds.com

the monkeydogs only THINK they have invaded the tripawd state

Chicago, IL
20 June 2011 - 6:49 pm

Elizabeth,

We're so sorry for your loss, but glad you had so many long, happy years with Shy. 

Jan

http://tate.tripawds.com/
August 16, 2006 to November 28, 2011
TATE ~ Forever in our hearts.

On The Road

20 June 2011 - 7:15 pm

My heart aches for you and your family, I am so so sorry.

This was the toughest decision and the most courageous one any pawrent could ever make. You are an incredible, loving pack leader and you did right by your girl. She will repay you a thousand times over as her spirit forever stays by your side and watches out for you.

Shy will always be a part of your heart, nothing can take that away.

Please know the entire Tripawds community mourns with you Elizabeth. We are so sorry.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Lucas, Ohio
20 June 2011 - 7:33 pm

Elizabeth,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Beautiful girl. You are truly an Angel on earth and Shy was so lucky to have you as her mom. Now she will watch over you forever.  May you find peace and smiles from the wonderful memories of times spent with Shy.

Anita, mom to Xena and my Angels, Spammy & Chloe

knoxville, tn
20 June 2011 - 8:25 pm

oh elizabeth, we are sad for you and for your loss.  shy was a beautiful girl, who lived a wonderful life, with her perfect forever family.  we think she and jane are sitting together, comparing notes, and keeping an eye on sammy and gayle here on earth.  we're here for you. 

love never ends.

charon & gayle

Life is good, so very, very good!!! Gayle enjoyed each and every moment of each and every wonderful day (naps included).  She left this world December 12, 2011 – off on a new adventure.

Love Never Ends

http://etgayle

20 June 2011 - 8:32 pm

I cried for you last night and find myself doing so again tonight. {{{Big Hugs}}} I am so sorry for your loss.

Cocoa

Stray Rescue – Ampuversary 2/15/2011

Pictures

Greater Western Washington area
20 June 2011 - 8:51 pm

I am still here, going from a crushing sense of loss, to numb.  I am however overwhelmed with your love, your support, your kindness.  Thank you my friends for your amazing and kind words, I am almost embarrassed to read them.  I want to deny most of it, but the reality is I love Shy and this is a tribute to her, so I will be a part of it.  

The most incredible thing happened to me earlier.  I was looking out over my lower pasture and I saw Jazzy and Shy, side by side standing there in the trees.   Just for a moment, I am sure I wished it to be true, but it looked like they were there to tell me everything was okay.  

I am so sad tonight, because the sun is shining for the first time in days.  Shy loved lying in the sun, her white underbelly up to it's light.  I wished I waited a little longer.. she would so love to be outside tonight, lying in the evening sun. 

Under this crushing sense of loss I feel like I set her free from the mental toil of not understanding what was happening.  But I look at her bed tonight and cry.  I made 2 dinners instead of 3, that was heart rending.  I put her bowl in the dishwasher, I feel so guilty, and I can't bear to change my clothes, they have her fur all over them.  I made a video of her yesterday, I have been watching it over and over.

I want to tell her, "goodnight my pretty girl, mom loves you always", but it is an empty space I am talking to.  I miss her so.  

Elizabeth

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

western Washington
20 June 2011 - 9:04 pm

Elizabeth, I am so so sorry to hear about Shy.

Like too many others, I know and share your pain all too much.

You did right for your beautiful girl. Always. And she knows that.

I loved reading that you saw Jazzy and Shy in your pasture. I believe it was a message for you. They are both fine now.

Happy, free of pain...missing their Mom, but they ARE with you.

Big hugs and with tears falling,

Denise

Kona turned 9yrs on April 16, 2010.
Kona was diagnosed Memorial Weekend 2010 with osteosarcoma.
Right rear leg amputated on June 4th. First chemo June 18th 2010
Second chemo July 9th, 2010      Third and final (yea !!!) chemo July 30th, 2010
ONE TOUGH GIRL this Australian Cattledog !

***Kona's journey/fight ended late in the evening of December 22, 2010***

We Love you so much Kona….always   

Bella 9yrs, albino lab/aussie shep/pit?(abandoned in mts as a puppy) deaf & blind (from birth) in one eye limited vision in other.(laid back, ok lazy 73 lbs)

Cotton, 5yrs, albino hound/terrier of somesort/???(abandoned in mts as a puppy) deaf & blind in one eye(from birth), excellent vision in seeing eye. (ball addict…destroyer of Kong balls…yes,etc), high energy 55lbs knots of muscle)

Kona Kai's pup brother and sister as well as her buddy and playmate cat, Shaymous 12yrs (like Seamus), miss her terribly.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 183
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17886
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: