Today you are going to fall in love with Senior Tripawd Hero Lola! She’s from New Jersey, and here’s what her mom Monica had to share with us in her Tripawd Tuesday submission from early this year.
Senior Tripawd Hero Lola Enjoys Life on 3!
How old is your Tripawd?
- 12.5 years old
When and Why did your Tripawd lose a leg?
- October 2022- due to a rare case of osteosarcoma
How did your Tripawd adapt to life on three?
- Very well.
What are your Tripawd’s favorite things to do?
- Chewing bones, laying and looking out the window, walking around outside, and going to the beach to roll in the sand
If you went through amputation surgery recovery with your animal, what did you think would happen after surgery? Did your worst fears happen? How did you cope?
- The surgeon was afraid due to Lola’s arthritis that she would not be able to walk. 12 hours post op, Lola was up and walking out the hospital. My worst fear was that the surgeon would be right and Lola would never walk again.l, I was so glad to see her walking and wagging her tail. After surgery I treated Lola no different than prior to surgery, she’s still the same loving dog.
What is the biggest lesson you learned from your Tripawd?
- I learned how quickly they can adapt being an amputee
What is your best advice to someone who is about to go through amputation with their pet, or someone who is thinking of adopting a Tripawd?
- My best advice is that the surgery is scary to us then it is for our pets, and they recover rather quickly.
More About Tripawd Hero Lola From Monica
(Written in January 2023) “I just pray four Lola, we are 4 months post surgery. Traditionally IV chemo was not working and the cancer has metastasis to her lungs. We than tried Palladia which has not worked either as the tumor has grown by 30% and a new one has formed.”
See More Tripawd Tuesday Stories, and contact us to share your own too!
Send Your Tripawd Tuesday Love Story!
Did you enjoy today’s story about Tripawd Hero Lola? Want to share your own hero with the community?
Please share your Tripawd Tuesday love story, too! By doing it, you’ll also help pet parents seeking hope and inspiration during tough times. Follow the links to send it to us.
Be a Community Ambassador
Request a Tripawds Community Ambassador Kit. Get everything you need for you and your three-legged dog or cat to show the world that Tripawds Rule.
Your participation helps us get the word out about our mission. Chip in a bit extra to help keep your community online! Thank you!