TRIPAWDS: Home to 24411 Members and 2166 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Callie 2/2004 - 2/2012
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Peoria, IL
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
14 February 2012 - 3:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I am so sorry, and it looks like it was her birthday month. We never have enough time with them, do we? The next few weeks will be especially lonely but, eventually, happy memories become stronger than the pain.

Sending sympathy and healing wishes your way,

Beth and Spirit Smilin' Sammy

Smilin' Sammy, March 16, 2004 – Dec. 5, 2011
Golden retriever, diagnosed with osteosarcoma in September 2010 — right front leg amputated November 2010. He fought valiantly to stay with us; but a second diagnosis of osteosarcoma, this time in his left front leg, was more than our golden warrior could overcome. He loved his pack — and everyone else he met.

We loved him even more.
Thanks for the pennies, Sammy. They helped.

14 February 2012 - 7:41 am

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments....they are very much appreciated at this time.  It has definitely been hard on me to walk around the house and not have my girl here.  The tears keep coming right now and I had a hard night last night as I couldn't stop seeing her when I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.  I miss her so much!  I'm sure it will get easier as the days go by and the tears will turn into smiles when I think of her.  Looking forward to those days!  I wish I had the mindset of my three year old....he'll say "Oh, I miss Callie mommy" and the next sentence is "Can I have some candy now?"  smile 

Thanks again for everything tripawd family!

In your heart, where I belong.
14 February 2012 - 8:48 am

I'm sorry I missed this last night. Callie was a warrior who fought hard and long, and we're all incredibly proud of her for that. They look to us for everything, and you did not ever let her down--even yesterday. Especially yesterday. I know you will hear her and catch glimpses of her just around the corner, and that may be hard. But she will speak to your heart, too, and as long as she is there she will never be gone.

Shari

From abandoned puppy to Tripawd Warrior Dude, Dakota became one of the 2011 February Furballs due to STS. Our incredibly sweet friend lived with grace and dignity till he impulsively raced over the Bridge on 12-15-12.

Dakota's thoughtful and erudite blog is at http://shari.tr.....pawds.com/

Edmond, Oklahoma
14 February 2012 - 9:12 am

I'm so sorry you lost your Callie yesterday; you sound so strong and brave in your post, I hope you continue to find comfort in your memories and knowing you did everything for your girl, even letting her go when it was time.  Thinking of you today; I know how hard it is to stay behind.  Run free Callie.

Scout: January 31, 2002 to November 7, 2011

Scout's diagnosis was "poorly differentiated sarcoma"; amputation 1/11/2011.  Scout enjoyed 9 fantastic years on 4 legs and 9 glorious months on 3 legs.  If love alone could have saved you…

On The Road

14 February 2012 - 1:10 pm

We are so, so sorry to hear this sad news.

Callie's fight was heroic, and so was the love you showed her by doing all you could to give her a great quality of life during this journey. Making that decision to release her from her broken body is so incredibly difficult, but you did her right by honoring her dignity and allowing her to move on to her next journey. Now that she has her wings, she will be by your side forever.

We send all our condolences and love out to you right now, we are very sorry.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

14 February 2012 - 5:41 pm

You gave Callie the most selfless Valentine's gift ever. Your pain at her loss will indeed fade but Callie's love for you, and yours for her, is forever.

Run free most beautiful grrrl!

Thinking of you,

the Oaktown Pack+1

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 225
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1275
Members: 17941