TRIPAWDS: Home to 23119 Members and 2161 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
My Missy- Spindle cell diagnosis 12 yr old dog CT today pre surgery 1/24
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
26 January 2017 - 2:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Believe me I want to use that collar but the dork in me can't really figure out the easiest way to get it back on her.  I know as she starts to heal more it is going to itch and she will be trying to get at it.  I just realized that there is probably a video on youtube that will show me how to get it back on.  But (and I've already searched the gear blog) does anyone have recommendations for another option?  Why not just a little muzzle?  

She is doing great today.  Ate her breakfast (gave her about 1/2 of normal) had her am meds and then went out and .... wait for it....   a poop!!  Her 2nd day post op.   I am so proud of my little tripawd. big-grin

On The Road

26 January 2017 - 4:59 pm

You are so funny! Are the short sides lined with velcro? If so, just peel apart, wrap around her neck and re-seal the velcro.

A nicely healing doesn't always itch. You can get anti-itch spray at the pet supply store that should help avoid any itching.

Our Tripawds Gear blog has some cone of shame recommendations:
http://gear.tri.....om/?s=cone

YAY FOR POOP! Two days post-op is fantastic!!!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Livermore, CA

26 January 2017 - 5:41 pm

Glad to hear she is doing so well!

My quad pug Obie had two knee surgeries and because of his history he did not deal well with a traditional cone. I used the donut type cone on him and it worked really well.  I also used some little pants I modified to cover up his incisions.  Of course he has a relatively short pug nose and a short body and he could not reach his knees with it on.

Some here have used boxer shorts on rear amps to cover up the incision, the tail goes through the fly.

Poop already! poopicon_pngpoopicon_pngpoopicon_pngwhoo hoo!

Karen and the Spirit Pug Girls

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 312
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17870
Moderators: 6