TRIPAWDS: Home to 22969 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Spring Nor Cal Tripawd Meet Up: May 6th 2017
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1 May 2017 - 9:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Oh Miss Adoravle Elly! You really have to get your excitement under control!! Your melting my heart over here cutie pie!

Looking forward to all the pictures and fun update! Have a great time everyone!! 🙂 🙂

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

4 May 2017 - 10:59 am

I'm really sorry to report that Chance and I won't be making it to the meetup this weekend.crying

He took a bad turn this week and can barely walk right now. His back right leg is injured but we don't know exactly what is going on yet. I was really looking forward to this and am bummed that Chance can't partake. But he's not himself. I don't really know what to do at the moment. Sorry to bring down the thread with my sad news! 

Have fun and we will be there in spirit. 

-Patricia and Chance

4 May 2017 - 12:08 pm

Oh I am so sorry Chance is not doing well. We will all be thinking about him and missing you both on Saturday!

I know I was worried that Fionn would not make it long enough to attend, but thankfully he is doing awesome still and we are super excited to come play with our fellow Tripawdians :). I know Fionn will enjoy the cooler weather for sure. It's been in the 90s this week (apparently no spring allowed for central California) and his fluffy butt has been HOT.

Nancy and Fionnheart

Nancy- mom to the FABULOUS Fionn. He rescued me in 2015 when he was 6. 

Right front leg amputation at age 7 for osteosarcoma 10/6/16. Taken too soon 6/12/17. Read about our journey here:

http://fionnsjo.....pawds.com/

4 May 2017 - 12:10 pm

I almost forgot! May 6th is Fionn's 8 month ampuversary so we can all celebrate together! Party hats and treats for everyone!

Right front leg amputation at age 7 for osteosarcoma 10/6/16. Taken too soon 6/12/17. Read about our journey here:

Orange County, CA
4 May 2017 - 6:44 pm

Hi Patricia!  I'm really sorry to hear Chance isn't feeling well.  We'll all be thinking of your handsome boy and sending positive thoughts his way. Please keep us updated and let us know how he's doing!

Diane & John & Linda & Bernie

Virginia

4 May 2017 - 8:45 pm

Awww Chance. Sorry you're having some challenges.

Patricia, have you tried massaging up and down his spine..his neck..his shoulders? Have you noticed any tension at any point? Sometimes a tripawd can tweak something so easily...it doesn't take much.

What has the Vet suggested at this. point? What kind of test has he run? Has he given him any Tramadol or maybe Rimadyl?

Please uodate when you can. We'll all be sending him lots of healing energy.

Just a thought....does he like car rides? If he does, would he enjoy just riding in the car and then everyone would get to see the MAGNIFICENT Chance...even if it meant while he was resting in the car?? It would make for.a great photonop with Cance lounging on his bed and his fans surrounding him!

Sending love and hugs and healing energy

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

4 May 2017 - 8:52 pm

FIONN! HAPPY EIGHT MONTH AMPUVERSARY!!! The Tripawd Pawty is a GRRAT way to celebrate!! 🙂

Hope they have some ice cream and cake for you!! 🙂

Hugs!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

5 May 2017 - 11:53 am

Is there parking relatively close to the dog park itself? I looked at google earth and it wasn't clear where the parking is. Fionn doesn't have much stamina these days so we need to park pretty close.

Los Angeles, CA
5 May 2017 - 2:16 pm

Hi,

I won't be there this time but in the past .. there is a parking lot but you do have to walk a bit. Does Fionn have a stroller? It's no more than maybe 1/2 - 1/4 of a mile (probably less) but hopefully someone else will weigh in. It's a pretty straight shot though! 

Have fun!!! 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Livermore, CA

5 May 2017 - 8:54 pm

It can be a bit of a hike. The fastest way is to walk along the bike path until you get to the pathway that goes up to the soccer fields and on to the dog park.

I'm going to bring a big wagon that we can use to give rides as needed.  I'll send you a PM with my cell number so you can call me when you get there if you need help finding us or need a ride.

Can't wait to meet you tomorrow!

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

6 May 2017 - 7:09 pm

Wow! What a great time Fionn and I had at the meetup today! Gorgeous day and a gorgeous group of tripawds and quadpawds there to help Fionn celebrate his 8 month ampuversaryheart. It was so nice to meet in person some of the people who have helped us on this journey and who kept me sane through the hard times. What an awesome bunch of people and dogs! Fionn was especially grateful for the ride in the cart back to our truck. He was POOPED after all that excitement (so many butts to sniff- so little time). Click here for a link to a photo album from the daybig-grin

6 May 2017 - 7:24 pm

I hope everyone had a great time today! Please post pics if you have them. smiley

Unfortunately we found out today that Chance has Hypertrophic Osteopathy (I posted about it in another thread if you are curious about what that is). He was sadly not feeling up to running today. 

I was hoping to get a new Tripawds bandana for Chance as his is totally thrashed. Were there any there at the meetup today and could I possibly still get one?? 

6 May 2017 - 7:42 pm

It looks like it was a great time.  I am glad everyone had a great time.  Hoppy 8 month ampuversary Fionn.

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Livermore, CA

6 May 2017 - 10:12 pm

Patricia- I have a couple of the old style ones left, the ones with the dog logo.  I have yellow, blue and pink.  Send me a PM with your address.  I can also contact the OakTown Pack, I think they have the new ones, with the 3 paw logo.

You were missed today- several people asked about Chance.  I'm sorry about the HO diagnosis- it is pretty rare.  Our local friend Caira Sue was diagnosed with HO back in late 2009 or early 2010, that was the first time I had heard of it. 

Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

And it was a fun day- old friends and we got to meet some new pups and people in person.  Sessy, Fionn, Gracie and Athena.  Also, the smallest tripawd I have ever seen.  A tiny chihuahua, maybe 6 lbs, who lost a back leg.  I hope someone got a picture.  I have a great story about her mom.   I see Nancy got the traditional picture of Elly hiding between my legs!

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

7 May 2017 - 5:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Howdy, I've posted some photo's in my blog.

Nor Cal Party Pictures

Take care, Shelby, The P.P.way-cool

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 196
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17730
Moderators: 6