TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Fall 2017 Nor Cal Tripawds Meet Up: Saturday November 4th
sp_NewTopic Add Topic

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
19 October 2017 - 11:18 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

We are new to the Tripawd scene as of 10/7 and would love to come meet up on 11/4 so Bode(9yrs) can meet some new friends. It has been a rough recovery but yesterday while out in the yard he took off unexpectedly after a ball beating our other (1 1/2 yr) old dog and I knew then he would be just fine. He will be ready for some play time by the meet-up.[Image Can Not Be Found]

On The Road

19 October 2017 - 11:46 am

superbode said
We are new to the Tripawd scene...

Welcome! Please consider starting a new topic or free Tripawds blog to share Bode's story. Your future forum posts will not require moderation.

Start here for lots of helpful links to navigate the many resource the Tripawds community has to offer—and a coupon for e-books packed with fast answers to common questions.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

20 October 2017 - 7:57 pm

My Mom says I get to come this time! woohoo

See you all in a couple weeks.

Drive safe everyone..

Livermore, CA

22 October 2017 - 10:04 pm

Welcome Bode and pack- we look forward to meeting you in just two weeks!

And Hannah! Yay!

I will be bringing an extra wagon in case anyone needs a ride to or from the dog park.  If you think you might need a ride from the parking lot send me a pm so we can exchange phone numbers.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Karen and Elly

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

Vacaville, California

25 October 2017 - 4:58 pm

Sessy and I will do our best to make it to the pawtry.  All depends on if I can get her to tolerate riding in a wagon.  Sessy is feeling great......still cancer free......however since her blood clot scare in September, she still hasn't built up enough strength in her leg to walk very far.  Just ordered a folding wagon so we can start practicing.  Fingers crosseddddddddd

Gayle - mom of beautiful greyhound Sessy.  Sessy diagnosed with osteosarcoma on 12/26/16, left back leg amputated on 1/2/17.  Feline siblings Mooshe, Tinkerdude, Odie and Bean

Los Angeles, CA
30 October 2017 - 8:56 am

Looking forward to this weekend.... I hear there "might" be drizzle ... but at least the temps have cooled down! Jasper and I can't wait to see our friends and make some new ones! 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

On The Road

30 October 2017 - 10:34 am

We know it will be another great time! Wish we could be there to pawty with everyone. Have a blast and share photos when you can.

Livermore, CA

2 November 2017 - 11:58 pm

So the weather is looking a little sketchy- but I think we will be OK.  Wear waterproof shoes as I'm guessing the ground might be a little muddy.

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Virginia

3 November 2017 - 10:23 am

This is gping to be such a GREAT meet-up!!  I love that we have newbies coming too!!   CANNOT WAIT FOR PICTURES!!

A little rain can't dampen the joy of being at a Tripawd Pawty! 🙂 🙂  Alison can tell you about the hellacious thunderstorm and crazy wild lightening we had at the Virginia Pawty!   A lot of scared pups and a couple of scared huma s too!   Apparently they don't have thunderstorms in Wisconsin, right Paulawinker

HAVE A SPECTACULAR TIME EVERYBODY!!! 🙂 We'll all be with you in Spirit!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

3 November 2017 - 11:11 am

We're keeping our fingers crossed for good weather but yeah as Sally mentioned, a little rain can't stop a Tripawd gathering. As anyone who was at the Virginia gathering earlier this year, lightening and thunder can't either! Have fun you guys, we can't wait to see photos!

Los Angeles, CA
7 November 2017 - 12:01 pm

SUCCESS!!! No rain and some sunshine! 🙂 

It was great to see our family ... we definitely missed those that could not attend! 

Jasper did over-indulge a little bit (she made up for missing those cookies last May) and I was unclear if it was the cows on the 5 freeway or Jasper the entire trip back on Sunday! But she's feeling much better and we already missing the clear and fresh air of Northern CA! 

See y'all in May! 

xoxo

alison with Spirit Shelby in her heart (and little Jasper too) 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Virginia

7 November 2017 - 9:44 pm

Hmmm......we seem to be missing something here!   Pictures perhaps!!! YES!!!  Pictures!!

Alison, I know you know how to take pictures!!!  As you know, I lurk sometimes on facebooger and I've seen some ADORABLE pics and videos of Jasper! 🙂  So surely you have some' of the gathering!! 🙂

Anyone???   PLEASE!!! 🙂

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

8 November 2017 - 9:28 am

Ah thank you Sally! I forgot to ask, I know they had a GREAT time according to the Oaktown Pack. They must still be recovering from the event.

Livermore, CA

8 November 2017 - 1:35 pm

Well, I didn't get any pictures oh-my

Elly seemed to get cold (the ground was wet) so I spent most of the party with her on my lap.  She might have just been nervous though since that is usually the only time she will sit on my lap. 

We did miss a few regulars- but understand the circumstances.  No new faces this time either- probably discouraged by the sketchy weather.

It's always amazing to get together with this group- for me it's been 8 years of meet ups at Mill Valley.  How can that be!!!!!

Even though most of us only see each other once or twice a year it's as if we see each other every week!  Most of our cancer dogs are across the bridge now we did spend quite a bit of time talking about the amazing Cemil- coming up on his 9 YEAR ampuversary!

Hopefully we will see everyone in May (or April or June- whenever we schedule!) and pick up where we left off this time!

Karen and Elly

1999 to 2010

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 245
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735
Moderators: 6