TRIPAWDS: Home to 23102 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Boise, ID dog walk - October 6, 2012
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Boise, ID
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
29 July 2012 - 5:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hello,

Any tripawds want to join Taz and me on the annual See Spot Walk benefit for the Idaho Humane Society? I have my new cool colored Tripawd scarf, we'll both have on our Tripawds shirts and she and I will be strutting our stuff for sure! I'm not sure what the sign up cost is yet, usually $18.00 and that includes a T-shirt and IHS scarf (but we'll have our own special scarf on!) as well as lots of freebies from local vendors. :)

This is truely a pawsome event!!!

Email me if interested!  Barb Greene  - bgreene9@msn.com

Event Description:

See Spot Walk!
Oct 06, 2012 | 09:00AM - 01:00PM

See Spot Walk – Idaho’s best and biggest dog event. Held in Julia Davis Park, the event includes food and retail vendors, contests, floats, costumes and cool prizes. After "parading" with your dog and thousands of other dog lovers and their canines return to the park for more food, fun and festivities. Registration begins September 4th.
Festivities begin at 9 a.m. and the Walk begins promptly at 10 a.m.

On The Road

29 July 2012 - 8:56 pm

Barb that is so neat! I hope you get some fellow Tripawders walking with you. Put this in Facebook when you can to remind me to share it in our Events listing. We'll do all we can to help you make connections with folks. What a great cause!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Boise, ID
4 September 2012 - 8:04 pm

Hello fellow Tripawds! Tazzy is getting very discouraged to think she will be the only Tripawd showing her spirit here in Boise.......so is her mom.   :(

I know we're a smaller community but surely we can have some show of support!

On The Road

4 September 2012 - 8:17 pm

Drats! I think we need to do some publicity here Tazzy. Do you have any contacts at newspapers in Boise? PM me and we'll work on some press releases together to get some attention. I'm happy to help.

19 September 2012 - 8:47 am

Hi Barb! I have a tripawd in Boise.. An 18 month Schnauzer mix I just adopted from IHS. She lost her front left leg in a car accident. Her picture is my profile picture! She was trained by a prison inmate in Kuna so she knows all sorts of tricks, she even jumps through a hula hoop!

I'm currently taking Gidget on walks everyday to get her ready for the mile walk for See Spot Walk. It doesn't seem like she got a ton of exercise while at the pound. She was shuttled between foster homes, the pound, the prison in Kuna, and the IHS so the stress kind of got to her and she got kennel cough. (she's over it now) Also, she loves to chase bugs in the yard so we think she was bitten by a spider. Her neck and chin was so swollen! She's been through a lot in this first month at my house!

I definitely plan on going to See Spot Walk this year, maybe we could meet up!

Oh, by the way, my name is Marie!

On The Road

19 September 2012 - 9:26 am

Hi Marie! Thanks for posting here, I just knew there had to be another Boise Tripawd! I hope you can get together with Tazzy, it would be great to have a three-legged dog presence at the event. I am happy to send you some Tripawds business cards to hand out while you're there, just PM me if you want some. 

Oh, I would email Barb to let her know you posted here just in case she misses this update.

9 October 2012 - 4:32 pm

See Spot Walk in Boise was on Oct 6 and I actually ran into Barb! She was there with Taz. They both were representing tripawds.com with a scarf and tshirt! It was really nice meeting a fellow tripawd in Boise.

On The Road

9 October 2012 - 6:50 pm

Oh cool! Any photos? 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Edward_1, Matie
Guest(s) 194
Currently Browsing this Page: