Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat
Tripawds is the place to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.
JUMP TO FORUMS ↓
Join The Tripawds Community
Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:
Get the new book by the Tripawds founders for life lessons learned from their Chief Fun Officer Jerry G. Dawg! Download the e-book, and find fun Be More Dog apparel and gifts in the Be More Dog Bookstore.
7 July 2017
I AM THRILLED THAT YOU ACTUALLY LEARNED SOMETHING FROM THIS MASTERFUL DOCUMENTARY!! 🙂 🙂 TICKLED PINK
Masterful Documentary for sure!!! Brilliant direction! The monologue was very moving! 😂 An Emmy is awaiting in the wings my darling! 🏆
WOULDN’T YOU LIKE TO BE A FLY IN THE WALL WHILE THE ADMIN GUY WATCHES IT???? Bet he doesn’t make it past the first thirty seconds before he downs a bottle of wine! 🙂 🙂
I sure would!!!🤣 I can hear the sound effects coming out of his mouth!!!! “Push…” “tap over there…” “no, not that one…!” 😂
please let us know what you think of these videos admin… I think they should be added to your Video Help Library for sure!😋
Love you right back Sally, I think we would have a hoot over a bottle 🍷 for sure!!! 😘
Bhahahaha! I watched the whole thing mostly because I love your accent Sally and it’s always nice to hear your voice! Good job my dear, you are HIRED! What really amazes me is that you manged to video the whole thing with one hand while giving a demo using the other. Now THAT is talent.
Admin got a kick out of it too, really! But he does want folks to know that there is a big difference between a TAVLET (what you have Sally) and an iPad (which is what Petra has). The interface of a TAVLET is different, and only TAVLETS have these kinds of frustrations it seems. At least that’s what Admin says. I don’t know, I’ve never had both types of devices we just have an iPad.
But good job lady! LOVE IT!!!
1 April 2019
Does anyone know how you can rotate your avatar?
1. Use any editing software on your computer to rotate the image prior to upload.
2. Rotate the photo on your phone (if taken with a phone) prior to upload.
3. Start a Tripawds Blog. Upload the photo to your Media Library. Click Edit image, rotate and save. Download rotated image file. And upload for Avatar use.
4. Upload the new photo for your avatar and we’ll fix it for you. (Notify Jerry or Admin with a comment or PM.)
Hope this helps!
Gosh I’m so sorry for the frustration. Trust me you aren’t alone, many people take a while to get it. In my other post to you in Riot’s discussion, I mention that:
When working from a computer, have your forum post open. Open a new tab, go to the image and right click on it. Choose “copy image” then come back to your forum post and select “Paste”. It should appear.
From a phone, tap on the image, and choose either “copy image” or “select image URL” then come back here and past the image. If that doesn’t work, choose the little Mountain and Sun icon in your post editing toolbar, paste the URL and click OK. That should do it.
I’m happy to help with a tutorial, just message me.
As for running out of space, sorry about that. Free Tripawds blogs have minimal room for photos because of the financial cost it takes to host so many images and videos on our own server. The way to get around that is
1) shrink your images down before uploading them. The ones on your blog are rather large.
2) You can always host photos elsewhere (also known as “third party photo sharing”). Uploading photos to a photo sharing website like Imgur.com will allow you to put as many photos as you’d like in your blog, without placing storage demands on our server.
3) If that’s too much trouble, you can become a Tripawds supporter and have waaaaay more space to store photos directly to your blog. By chipping in to cover storage costs, you help the community. It also minimizes the chance that you will lose your images because your image sharing website went belly up or started charging crazy fees to host your photos (as has happened a few times since we started).
I hope this makes sense!
I’ve already maxed out my blog image gallery, with just a few photos.
You were uploading huge images (5+ MB each), and the “Smush” auto-resize was plugin was not configured properly to catch that. Sorry!
We have increased your upload quota, and configured your plugin settings to reduce the file size of any unnecessarily large images uploaded in the future. If even more space is desired, Tripawds Supporter blogs are available with additional features, including imediate removal of ads.
Hope this helps!
…found a resize site as well.
FYI: The “Smush” plugin in your blog dashboard will automatically resize images upon upload, and can be configured to make them as small (or as large) as you wish.
The first reply in theis topic has been edited with updated instructions for adding photos to forum posts , including links for details about adding photos from Instagram and Facebook…
UPDATE February, 2020:
- Copying a photo directly from your blog post (or Media Library) and pasting into a forum post should work in most cases.
- If not, copy the Image URL and paste that on a line by itself and the photo will auto-embed
(Get link from Media Library, or right click on photo and Copy Image Location)
- See below for updated instructions to embed photos from Instagram or Facebook