TRIPAWDS: Home to 23086 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Tasha, 3 legs and 100lbs of heart
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
29 May 2008 - 3:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hi, my name is Natasha, but everyone calls me Tasha or Tash. Today is my first post even though my mom has been checking out the sight and getting great inspiration since my diagnosis. I am a Great Dane/ Rottweiler mix. Mom says I have the biggest smile you have ever seen.  I had my right foreleg amputated on Good Friday, because a wonderful surgeon said it had to be done right away or it would break. I have Osteosarcoma and it went from a little spot to a bad, bad thing in just 2 weeks. Mom wasn't too scared because she had read how well all you guys had done after surgery. My recovery went well, and now I am getting chemotherapy treatments. I have my own personal angel: my vet. My mom is disabled with Lupus and she can't drive very far. We live in a small town, so my vet set things up with the university and she is doing my chemo, or I wouldn't be able to get it. She is so wonderful and caring, and the staff treat me like a queen. I even get to set behind the front desk and greet people and patients from my own little bed/corner on chemo days. You should feel all the petting I get, 'cause I am a very petable gal! My dad, mom's son, bought me a ramp, so I can get in and out of mom's old Blazer with no difficulty at all. Yesterday was my second treatment. I had to miss a week because my counts were too low and I got a urinary infection. Boy, did that make me feel rotten! I have a sister dog (actually she thinks she is my mom, even though I am 103lbs and she is 45lbs) that I love dearly. She is a Boston Terrier mix named Raven. Raven lays outside my crate and watches over me when I am sleeping after the chemo. She has always been there with me since I was 6 weeks old and some bad people through me out in the woods. Dad found me in the road, almost freezing, took me home to my human mom, and Raven took me in as her own. You can see how loved I am, and how sad everyone is that this is happening to me. But I am getting lots of love, good care, and REALLY good food, so it ain't so bad at all. I can still lay on the sofa and see all the birds and cats outside the window when I am too tired to play in the back yard. So, I'm pretty tired from the chemo, but I hope to get to know all of you soon. My mom is so grateful you all are here, and that Jerry's dad set this up. My mom might have made some different choices if she hadn't found you. Love and kisses, and big, big smiles, Tasha  

Tasha

29 May 2008 - 3:56 pm

Tasha, good luck and looking forward to hearing of your progress!

Lalla and (S)asha

On The Road

29 May 2008 - 6:50 pm

Thanks for joining the discussion! Sounds like you have a wonderful pack. Tell your people not to be sad! I'm sure you are hapy the pain is gone ...

My skin dad says thanks for the kind comments, they mean alot to him.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 271
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17842
Moderators: 6