TRIPAWDS: Home to 23138 Members and 2162 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Denali update 7/27/2010
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Cleveland, OH
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
27 July 2010 - 5:08 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

I haven't posted in awhile – so I thought I'd give a Denali update.  She is doing pretty well at being herself (still not 100%).  She's not getting around as good as I'd like – still bunny hopping, but at least she's lifting her stump up so her open sore can heal.  I've tried re-doing her pain management but it has not helped in getting her to walk like a true tripawd.  Denali will see a physical therapist early August and we will go from there.

Here are some pictures of her 🙂

Denali FaceImage Enlarger

Denali TiltImage Enlarger

~~~~ Denali ~~~~

June 9, 2010 OSA suspected

June 17, 2010, July 14, 2010 Clear X-rays – no mets

July 1, 2010 Amputation

July 9, 2010 OSA Confirmed

November 23, 2010 Cancer took you from me - Never forgotten, Always Loved - Forever

Supporting the Fighters, Admiring the Survivors, Honoring the Taken, And never, ever giving up Hope

On The Road

27 July 2010 - 5:20 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

FYI: The Share Your Story forum is more suited for progress reports like this not specifically addressing cancer/amputation treatment plans and recovery tipss, so we have moved your topic here. Details about Denali's PT visit for instance, will be ideal for the Treatment and Recovery forum, so please keep us all posted.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
27 July 2010 - 5:42 pm

Trouble almost always bunny hops.  Please share what you learn in PT.  It is always interesting to learn what others are doing.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

Los Angeles
27 July 2010 - 6:28 pm

What a gorgeous girl!! Oh, just love the pictures! Such a beautiful face! Good luck with Denaili's physical therapy.

Kami

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

Edmonton, Alberta
27 July 2010 - 8:21 pm

Beautiful!

Catie -

Birthday – November 4 2003

Amputation – January 13 2010

Crossed the Bridge – June 2 2011

Catie Caitlin 

Calgary, AB
27 July 2010 - 10:49 pm

She is SOOOO beautiful! What a lovely face.

Tai – 9 yr old lab. Diagnosed Osteosarcoma Dec 18/09. Front right leg amputated Dec 21/09. Started chemo Jan 7/10. Lung mets discovered Sept 16/10. Valiant to the end on Oct 26/10 when cancer reappeared in a leg and we made the decision to set her free. Forever in my heart where not even cancer can take her from me.

Wesley Chapel, FL
28 July 2010 - 5:31 am

What a beautiful girl!!winker I just wanna kiss her and sqeeze her!!big-blink

Angel Jake and Wolfie's Mom

Jake, 10yr old golden retriever (fractured his front right leg on 9/1, bone biopsy revealed osteosarcoma on 9/10, amputation on 9/17) and his family Marguerite, Jacques and Wolfie, 5yr old german shepherd and the newest addition to the family, Nala, a 7mth old Bengal mix kittie. Jake lost his battle on 11/9/2009, almost 8 weeks after his surgery. We will never forget our sweet golden angel… http://jakesjou.....ipawds.com ….. CANCER SUCKS!

Golden Girls
28 July 2010 - 7:01 am

I am so happy that you posted an update on her. I was thinking of her this morning while taking Chloe for a walk. She is just toooo cute, I want to kiss that snout! Happy to hear that she is doing well, and please keep us updated on the PT.

Paws up!

Cathy/Jane/Spirit Skyler/Chloeway-cool

28 July 2010 - 10:51 am

Oh she is so beautiful....are you able to get any of the supplements down???  Don't stress about the number of them like I did....

She will be fine...I just know she is the softest squeezeable girl...

Arizona
28 July 2010 - 11:08 am

Denali you are one beautiful girl. Good luck with the PT.

Jo Ann & Tasha

Tasha 8 years old, First cancer diagnosis 6/26/09, Last cancer diagnosis 9/26/09, Amputation 10/01/09, Loving our girl moment by moment.

Tasha lost her battle and became my Angel on May 4 2011. Forever in my heart….

RuthieGirl
28 July 2010 - 11:20 am

I love the new pictures, shows her true beauty!  Let us know how PT goes.

Spirit Ruthie's Mom

Minneapolis, MN
28 July 2010 - 1:01 pm

I would like to give that gorgeous girl a big hug! smile Thanks for the update.

Daisy, 12 years young, had left forelimb amp on 5/19/2010 due to osteosarcoma. She left her body behind and joined the other spirit tripawds on 7/16/2010.
So grateful for each day with her!
Lexi (Daisy's momma)

Cleveland, OH
29 July 2010 - 4:26 pm

I have been giving her supplements - she caught on to me hiding them in her wet food and started spitting them out onto the carpet (she's a smart girl) so I just give her all the supplements and her reg meds hidden in a cream cheese ball (she hasn't figured that one out yet - so please, nobody tell her).  I thought about getting her a wagon, but I don't think she'd ride well as we'd be looking at what's available on craigslist for under a set amount - so I think I ruled that idea out. She was all happy to hop around the whole backyard this evening.

~~~~ Denali ~~~~

June 9, 2010 OSA suspected

June 17, 2010, July 14, 2010 Clear X-rays – no mets

July 1, 2010 Amputation

July 9, 2010 OSA Confirmed

November 23, 2010 Cancer took you from me - Never forgotten, Always Loved - Forever

Supporting the Fighters, Admiring the Survivors, Honoring the Taken, And never, ever giving up Hope

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 197
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17889
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: