TRIPAWDS: Home to 23092 Members and 2158 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Smokey - May 1997-November 24, 2010
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
24 November 2010 - 3:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Wow, what a great picture of you and your precious Smokey.  His kisses and the expression on your face says it all...priceless. 

Love, love, love that picture!

Bless you and your Smokey...

Angel Honeygurl's pack

Dx Osteosarcoma  3/31/10.  Amputation 7/21/10. Honey put up a valiant fight and lost her battle 9/22/10. Missing her and treasuring 9 years with our Honeygurl.

24 November 2010 - 3:56 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss.

As Angel Honeygurl said, love that picture - you clearly loved each other very much indeed.

Condolences & prayers from across the pond,

Claire x

Linden, MI
24 November 2010 - 6:35 pm

I am so sorry about Smokey. Please know that we are thinking of you tonight. Smokey was such an inspiration to us in this journey.

Sue and Nova

Dane Mom Sue at nova.tripawds.com and Mom to Beautiful Great Dane Queen Nova, a Blind Tripawd, who kicked cancer's butt from 11/08-03/13. The Queen is Spirit Nova now, but her legacy lives on here at Tripawds!

24 November 2010 - 8:10 pm

The words are never right.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Smokey was a trooper and how beautiful that you had 27 additional months with him as a tripawd.  Very hard this happened during Thanksgiving holiday, but try and remember and be thankful for all the good times with Smokey.

Spirit Opie's and Mattie's mom.

krun15
24 November 2010 - 9:15 pm

No matter how much time we get it is never enough.  I am glad that Smokey lived the good life right up to the end, but so sorry for you and your family that his journey ended so suddenly.

In time the smiles will replace the tears, at least most of them.

Sending strong and peaceful thoughts north tonight.

Karen

Edmonton, Alberta
24 November 2010 - 9:37 pm

I'm so so sorry about your loss.

My deepest condolences. It's never ever easy to say goodbye.

Catie -

Birthday – November 4 2003

Amputation – January 13 2010

Crossed the Bridge – June 2 2011

Catie Caitlin 

24 November 2010 - 10:07 pm

27 months is something to be extremely proud of.  Most of us here hope to reach that ampuversary.  May you rest in peace Smokey. Please visit your mom once in a while to let her know you will always be around.

Sending you hugs and wet doggie kisses.

-Chloe's mom

Chloe became a rear amp tripawd on 7-29-10. Another tumor was removed on front leg 2-20-14. Found 3rd tumor on neck 2-2015, but she's still kicking cancer's butt at age 14. Chloe's blog

Portland (Lake Oswego), OR
4 January 2011 - 9:26 pm

Hi everyone - I just wanted to thank you all so very much for your words of support.  I haven't been able to bring myself back here and I should have been here sooner to thank everyone!

It's just been a little over a month now and I keep waiting for a sign from him to let me know he's ok somehow.  I just keep hoping and praying that somehow, someway, I'll get a sign to know he's ok.  One of my coworkers had shared a story with me that after she had lost her first dog, a couple of months after losing her, she had dreamt of her dog Sam running through this lush field and just having the time of her life.  And then she knew Sam was happy and ok having moved on.  I haven't dreamt of Smokey once since I lost him and I really wish I would.  I think I keep hanging onto this hope too much that I'll get that sign, especially given how incredibly close I was to him, or at least felt like I was.

Thank you again - your words have really helped and I very much appreciate them!  I hope everyone had a good holiday and please give all your pups a treat from me :).

western Washington
4 January 2011 - 9:43 pm

I know what you mean. Even though we just lost Kona on December 22nd, I am watching for her...

I keep telling her that I know that after the last couple of months when she couldn't walk at all on her own, that I know she's running and playing big time now, but that I hope she'll take a break sometime soon and visit....say hi, check on her brother and sister, something.....until then, the waiting, yeah, the waiting/hoping is tough.

I know that our kids that have gone on are well, happy and back to their 4 healthy legs. Doesn't stop the feeling of wanting a sign from them. A little visit.

Waiting

Kona turned 9yrs on April 16, 2010.
Kona was diagnosed Memorial Weekend 2010 with osteosarcoma.
Right rear leg amputated on June 4th. First chemo June 18th 2010
Second chemo July 9th, 2010      Third and final (yea !!!) chemo July 30th, 2010
ONE TOUGH GIRL this Australian Cattledog !

***Kona's journey/fight ended late in the evening of December 22, 2010***

We Love you so much Kona….always   

Bella 9yrs, albino lab/aussie shep/pit?(abandoned in mts as a puppy) deaf & blind (from birth) in one eye limited vision in other.(laid back, ok lazy 73 lbs)

Cotton, 5yrs, albino hound/terrier of somesort/???(abandoned in mts as a puppy) deaf & blind in one eye(from birth), excellent vision in seeing eye. (ball addict…destroyer of Kong balls…yes,etc), high energy 55lbs knots of muscle)

Kona Kai's pup brother and sister as well as her buddy and playmate cat, Shaymous 12yrs (like Seamus), miss her terribly.

Portland (Lake Oswego), OR
4 January 2011 - 10:08 pm

Oh no!  I'm so very sorry to hear about Kona!  Those last couple of hours I just kept whispering to Smokey as I was trying to be strong for him, that he was going to have so much fun playing with his friends who have sinced passed on before him that he grew up with.  I'm trying my hardest to imagine that's exactly what he's doing right now. 

I'm so, so very sorry for your loss - I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that you also get that sign that she's ok.  I wish there was a way that I could make it happen to where we never have to lose our amazing pups - especially when they mean so much to us

On The Road

4 January 2011 - 10:59 pm

Smokey will indeed show you a sign, I'm sure of it. It may take a while, but he will let you know when you least expect it. It's like that saying goes, as soon as you stop looking for love, there it is.

We send our hugs your way. Those first anniversaries and events can be ruff.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: benny55, Andy_2
Guest(s) 137
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17850
Moderators: 6