TRIPAWDS: Home to 22969 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Shelli earned her wings September 14, 2010
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Houston Texas
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
29 September 2010 - 12:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Image Enlarger

Shelli was born 10/5/2003, earned her wings on 09/14/2010, just weeks short of her 7th birthday.

She was diagnosed with Lymph Node Sarcoma, that was spread to the liver (stage 4). she lived 7 weeks after prognosis. 7 glorious wonderful weeks that i will never ever forget.

The cancer was not pretty. There was stomach bloat, bleeding gums, bruising from the inside out, wasted away to skin and bones...but to me she was the most beautiful girl i have ever seen.

Not a day goes by that i dont think about her. not one.Image Enlarger

The quest for world domination continues on three legs. Comply minions!

http://ritables.....ipawds.com

Read about my big sister Shelli who just passed away to the lymphnode sarcoma

http://bellesgo.....press.com/

On The Road

29 September 2010 - 12:55 pm

Oh beautiful Shelli, rest in peace and run free of pain at the Bridge.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Los Angeles
29 September 2010 - 1:02 pm

Oh what a beautiful girl! So so sorry for your loss.  This must be just devastating...and she was so young too.  So heartbreaking.   Please take comfort in knowing that Shelli will be with you forever in your heart.  You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Kami (Mackenzie and Kobe's mom)

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

Las Vegas, Nevada
29 September 2010 - 1:34 pm

Oh ritables, I'm so very sorry!

You have been through so much!  That is so heartbreaking.  Shelli is a beautiful, beautiful girl.  I know your heart is hurting so much.  You can just see the love in her eyes!

Tell us some stories about Shelli!  We'd love to hear what fun you guys had!

Best wishes,

Comet's mom 

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Golden Girls
29 September 2010 - 1:35 pm

What a pretty pup! She left you (physically) at such a young age, but she'll be with you forever. We know the pain from loss is difficult now, but soon you'll be filled with so many happy memories of her! Sending you a big hug!

Cathy/Jane/Spirit Skyler/Chloe

Houston Texas
29 September 2010 - 3:28 pm

It hurts so bad, but knowing that i am not alone really helps. I felt silly for missing a couple days from work because i kept bawling and crying, but this site really makes me understand that they are not just pets, they are so much more. It also makes me feel better that the treatment i chose (because i cannot afford chemo) was okay: Shelli was in such an advanced stage of cancer that it really wouldnt bring her back to where she enjoyed life, and only prolonging the suffering.

Many thanks to everyone!!!! This site is awesome!

The quest for world domination continues on three legs. Comply minions!

http://ritables.....ipawds.com

Read about my big sister Shelli who just passed away to the lymphnode sarcoma

http://bellesgo.....press.com/

krun15
29 September 2010 - 4:05 pm

She was a beautiful pup- I am sorry you had to say goodbye so soon.

One of the great things about this site is that you don't have to explain why you miss her so much, or feel silly for missing work.  We all get it.

My pug Maggie survived a long time after her amputation for one type of cancer- but only 3 months after her second cancer diagnosis.  For many reasons I decided that treating the second cancer was not an option for her- there was no quality life to be gained for her. 

Of course you chose the right treatment- you chose with her best interest at heart- that is how we all know we did the right thing. 

None of it makes saying good bye any easier- but there is some peace to be gained by knowing you did your best.

Karen and the pugapalooza

29 September 2010 - 4:47 pm

What a beautiful girl! So very sorry. It's heartbreaking to say goodbye. You can see that she was very loved and happy. I'm glad you had those 7 weeks with her - they are priceless.

Hugs from Honey's family.

Dx Osteosarcoma  3/31/10.  Amputation 7/21/10. Honey put up a valiant fight and lost her battle 9/22/10. Missing her and treasuring 9 years with our Honeygurl.

RuthieGirl
29 September 2010 - 7:24 pm

Run free beautiful Shelli!

Pat, Angel Ruthie & Tess

29 September 2010 - 8:46 pm

Shelli was a fantastically beautiful girl!!!

I am so happy to hear you say '7 glorious wonderful weeks that i will never ever forget.'  That is the love. When you can, would you share more about you special times with Shelli?

Yes we all here understand the special feelings and special sadness. Hugs to you.

Spirit JD's mom

JD

One Tough Girl

(1999-2010)

-Diagnosed with osteosarcoma of her left front leg –

-Amputation July 23 2010 –

-The cancer didn't get her, but she is gone-

-She fought the cancer and loved life till bloat brought her down August 29th, 2010-

Now she watches over her mom and two new sisters, the Quad-Paws Serena and Maya

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
29 September 2010 - 8:49 pm

I am saddened that we have lost another hero.  What a beauty Shelli was.  My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

RIP sweet Shelli.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

29 September 2010 - 9:28 pm

So sorry to hear about Shelli.  The first dog I ever grew up with, Bonnie, was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma at the age of 7 and even after 5 rounds of chemo, still passed away a year after diagnosis. She had extensive spread to her lungs instead of her liver.  

My current cancer survivor and tripawd Chloe will be part of a K9 Cancer Walk in a week and a half (10/10/10).  I made a shirt for the event, writing the names of dogs who have been affected by cancer, whether they are cancer survivors or have lost their battle to it.  I would be honored to add Shelli's name to the back of my shirt so that Chloe and I may walk for her at the event.  A plus will be added to her name to indicate that she has crossed rainbow bridge.  If you would like us to honor your beloved in this way, please visit my forum topic on it and leave a comment.  Every 10 names I get I add a new photo, and you can go to page 8 to see the other names so far.

We are so sorry for your loss.

Chloe's K9 Cancer Walk Forum Link

-Chloe's mom

Chloe became a rear amp tripawd on 7-29-10. Another tumor was removed on front leg 2-20-14. Found 3rd tumor on neck 2-2015, but she's still kicking cancer's butt at age 14. Chloe's blog

Arizona
30 September 2010 - 9:05 am

I am so sad to read that Shelli has lost her battle. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this terrible time of sadness.

Jo Ann & Tasha

Tasha 8 years old, First cancer diagnosis 6/26/09, Last cancer diagnosis 9/26/09, Amputation 10/01/09, Loving our girl moment by moment.

Tasha lost her battle and became my Angel on May 4 2011. Forever in my heart….

On The Road

30 September 2010 - 10:02 am

ritables said:

It also makes me feel better that the treatment i chose (because i cannot afford chemo) was okay: Shelli was in such an advanced stage of cancer that it really wouldnt bring her back to where she enjoyed life, and only prolonging the suffering.

Always remember that there are no "right" or "wrong" decisions, all that matters is that you made your choice out of love and what was best for Shelli. We all understand completely.

You were a great pawrent to her, and she will always be a part of your soul.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

30 September 2010 - 1:36 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your Shelli. She was a beautiful girl and I know you miss her dearly. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RIP Sweet Shelli

FortisDad

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Cynthia Lindgren
Guest(s) 222
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17732
Moderators: 6