TRIPAWDS: Home to 23119 Members and 2162 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Something pawsitive in 2020
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
25 December 2020 - 3:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Spectacular  job of showcasing your beautiful  furbabies!  Ypumpit a whole lot of thpught amd creativity into each photo.  I almost. Issed seeing Phoebe  in the background d woth the antlers in the first picture. 

Bo is soooo handsome and his coloring and markings are stunning.

Thanks for spreading the Christmas cheer.  Well done!  

♥️♥️Hugs♥️♥️

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

31 December 2020 - 8:09 pm

I finally had a moment to do an upload. It's been a very difficult week or so.  While I was home,  my wonderful husband gave me the opportunity to show off our feral babies.  "Mama" is the tabby with ginger coloring.  Tiger is the grey tabby, Cali is the tortoiseshell.  

I don't know where the babies came from.  I don't know how she ended up with them but i will tell you that we will take care of her forever.  She's been the best kitty mama I have ever seen.  

Phoebe is nothing like this anymore.  I don't get it.  Yes... she's a little skittish sometimes but not? You can vacuum the house and she'll watch you from the cat tree. 

Anyhow...i thought this was pretty cool.  Background noise sucks so turn your volume down.  YouTube changed something🤯

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

Virginia

31 December 2020 - 9:50 pm

The luckiest "feral" kitties in the world.  

They really are very pretty.  So  Tiger is the one who held back a little before jumping  up for his dinner?? Hard to tell, but he looked maybe a little smaller than Mama and Cali, maybe?

Thanks for sharing the harmony you and hubby have created with this cat pack.  

Sorry you were having a rough week.  We are all here for you ♥️

Hugs

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

31 December 2020 - 9:56 pm

Tiger was number 2, he's all grey tiger.  Cali was the shyest one that jumped last.  

If you notice,  they jump everywhere but just not close enough for contact loving❤

I thought it would be neat to show you how they love from a distance. 

If i had a place to domesticate them and give them homes i would.  There's just too many like this here. 

❤❤❤

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

Virginia

31 December 2020 - 11:09 pm

".....not close enough for contact loving", well put😁   

On The Road

1 January 2021 - 12:26 pm

Awww they are blessed kitties! So happy and patient to wait for chow, they know they've got humans who will care for them. You guys are such a gift to them, and you make a pawsitive difference in the feral cat population. The ripples of your care and concern spread farther and farther, and hopefully there will be a day when they all have loving, safe places to call home.

I'm sorry you had a ruff week, please know you can lean on us like Sally said. I hope everything is OK? You're not alone.

Cheers to better days ahead in '21!!!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

5 January 2021 - 5:39 pm

Thank you Rene,  just seems when it rains it pours but Im trying to Be More Dog

Speaking of dogs... I'm not usually in the right place at the right time... but i lucked out.  What a good boy!! This was a couple weeks ago.  Made me smile through holding on to the couch and biting my tongue not to butt in🤣🤣

Hugs,

Huckleberry's Blog

5 January 2021 - 5:57 pm

Here's another from tonight.  I'm honestly amazed at the pawsitive changes going on.  She is just so happy and sticks herself in the middle of everything going on. 

Hugs,

Huckleberry's Blog

On The Road

6 January 2021 - 12:09 pm

Awww Jackie, these clips just made my day! smiley4 I have never seen a dog behaving so well around a new kitty! Bo is wonderful and yeah, Phoebe, you are too. This situation was sure meant to be. 

Virginia

6 January 2021 - 7:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

So darn cute!!  Just precious!!  I do believe these two have a very special bond.  And apologies to "white kitty as I'm having  a brain freeze with names.  I love that attitude!  These videos are w wonderful furever treasure.   Thanks for the smiles😊

6 January 2021 - 7:59 pm

White kitty is Andy #kittywhisperer lol. I wish i had my phone camera when she had him strutting his kitten self🤣

We're in a different.. and after today a very stressful but still hopeful future. 

Should we all start a 2021 fun thread?

Hugs,

Huckleberry's Blog

On The Road

6 January 2021 - 9:34 pm

paws120 said

Should we all start a 2021 fun thread?  

Yessss! I love that idea!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946