TRIPAWDS: Home to 23108 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Bernie bin Laden: the Abandon All Hope Tour 2011
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
California
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6 September 2011 - 8:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I just love those pictures!!!!! He is absolutely having a blast!!!

Orange County, CA
6 September 2011 - 8:42 pm

Don't worry Lylee, you'll be safe from BBL.  He'll be much to busy causing trouble throughout the park to focus on unsuspecting tripawds!

Greater Western Washington area
7 September 2011 - 4:50 pm

OMG<  I read your description of him landing on you to my co-workers and we laughed for 10 minutes!  Great writing, and I bet it doesn't hurt to have such a good "muse".  laughing

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

Scottsburg, IN
7 September 2011 - 6:55 pm

Me and my husband always laugh our butts off when we read of Bernie's exploits.  I'm so glad to get to know him on here.  He's such a handsome boy.  From this distance I can enjoy the stories without suffering his wrath.  laugh

Orange County, CA
8 September 2011 - 11:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

We left bright and early this morning. As you can see, Mr. bin Laden was rarin' to go.

Image Enlarger

We were hoping to get through the L.A. traffic in a reasonable amount of time. That was a lot of wishful thinking, and I spent the next few hours reflecting on how much I poisonously loathe Los Angeles in general, and wishing there was some way to avoid ever having to go through it. By the time we managed to get to the more agreeable realms of Ventura, it was almost lunch. The beach at San Buenaventura was too crowded to let the idiot twins run free, although we did let them loose by a jetty long enough for Bernie to take a monster crap and then merrily run in circles around us because he was feeling so much lighter.

We then went to the local In-n-Out Burger and ordered lunch for both them and us. Linda, as usual, was just happy to be there. Bernie waited grumpily for us to finish, hanging his head over the backseat hammock and trying to look pathetic.

Image Enlarger

They finally got their burgers, and inhaled them so quickly that there wasn't even time to take a second picture.

Image Enlarger

Of course, it wouldn't have been a road trip without Bernie adding his own noisy input to the day's travels. I've mentioned before that he's fond of coming to the station where I work, jumping up on my desk, and glaring out at all the boats in the harbor while snarling and growling at them disapprovingly. He also likes doing that out car windows. Here's a list, in no particular order, of various things that pissed him off today:

– Our neighbor, who he likes and has met many times, walking her dogs. We hadn't even made it out of our driveway before he was giving her a piece of his mind (and it's not like he has a lot of pieces to spare).

– Random inoffensive cats in the street.

– Cal Trans road workers (I think their bright orange work vests offended his highly developed fashion sense).

– The dog in the rear window of a car in front of us.

– Cows. He REALLY dislikes cows. Apparently he's offended if they're found anywhere but in his food bowl.

Much to my surprise, he actually wasn't a complete force of destruction once we hit the beach in Carmel. Maybe he's saving it all up for tomorrow morning. He wrestled with a few other dogs, then jumped Linda and gnawed on her neck until he pissed her off enough to make her start chasing him around the beach. Then he and Linda took off after a flock of pigeons on the sand. It was a beautiful thing to watch – they both peeled off in order to flank the pigeons from each side in a pincer movement, cutting off all hope of escape. It was a brilliant plan, and failed only because it seldom occurs to either of our dogs that birds can also fly.

After the disappointing pigeon escape, we ate dinner at Portabella, one of our favorite restaurants in Carmel. We always have dinner there the night we arrive. Bernie was fairly well behaved there as well, having been put firmly in his place upon arrival by a bossy Shih Tzu who wouldn't have been much more than a snack for him. He posed for this picture when dinner was over, and then we came back to the hotel to rest up for tomorrow.

Image Enlarger

I'm already nervous. Usually this level of semi-normalcy on his part is just the calm before the storm…

Wherever the Wind Takes Me, Dude

9 September 2011 - 6:09 am

Yo' Bernie, who's that dude in the picture? He's got all this HAIR! That can't be your Dad! Is he in disguise because you're embarassing the heck outta him?

As for the fancy schmancy restaurant...next time remember to DANCE ON THE TABLES dude! 

Dang I wish I could be there tomorrow.

Wyatt Ray Dawg . . . The Tripawds Leg-A-Cy Continues!

Read all about my adventures at my Tripawds Blog

On The Road

9 September 2011 - 6:58 am

Wyatt sure doesn't know how to give a compliment does he?

You guys look mahvelous! What a fun pic of the family.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

krun15
9 September 2011 - 8:52 am

Why does it seem less like you guys are smiling and more like gritting your teeth?

Can't wait to see you tomorrow- well, most of you anyway.

Karen and the pugapalooza

knoxville, tn
9 September 2011 - 11:47 am

anticipation....like waiting for the hurricane to hit the outer banks!!!

charon & gayle

Life is good, so very, very good!!! Gayle enjoyed each and every moment of each and every wonderful day (naps included).  She left this world December 12, 2011 – off on a new adventure.

Love Never Ends

http://etgayle

Monkeybutt-Bunny Vampire
9 September 2011 - 9:42 pm

Bernie is the coolest dog on the planet! 

Orange County, CA
9 September 2011 - 10:05 pm

krun15 said:

Why does it seem less like you guys are smiling and more like gritting your teeth?

Not too far from the truth today. He was bad to the point where it stopped being funny and became a problem. His barking at anything that bugged him - other dogs, random noises, people who walked by - got to the point that it was difficult to take him anywhere. It only happened when he was on leash, so I'm sure it's some sort of territorial/insecurity problem. We're going to have to work on that when we get back home. Looking forward to having him off leash most of tomorrow, since he's better behaved then. At least he's just a pest at the dog park...

Greater Western Washington area
10 September 2011 - 8:55 am

I think it must be really wonderful to go to a restaurant that includes your canine family!  We don't have those here, I would love it if we did. 

I wonder if being on the leash Bernie feels anxiety or tension from you and it transmit down the lead?  I know Sammy is always better behaved off the lead then on, and part of it is he can feel my worry when he meets other dogs, or strange people who make me nervous.

I can't wait to see more pictures of the Notorious B and his sweet side kick Linda. 

You have a great looking family!smile

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

10 September 2011 - 10:07 am

Yo! Bernie! Don't forget who made you drop your ball last time! See ya soon dude!

TR

Washington
10 September 2011 - 10:47 am

I ALWAYS enjoy reading about Bernie's exploits. Maxidad, you have a true gift for storytelling. We can't wait to hear what sorts of nonsense the Bernie-beast brings to the Pawty. Wish we could be there too!

Rio

the Woo

~ ~ Rio ~ ~
Forever in my heart...

April 2000 – January 20, 2012
Diagnosed with Mast Cell Cancer in June 2007. Left rear leg amputated Feb. 8, 2011.
Mets discovered Aug. 31, 2011. Read more of Rio's story here.

Orange County, CA
10 September 2011 - 11:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

For those of you interested in what happened today, this picture is a good indicator of what went on at our September tripawd party:

Image Enlarger

Takes an awful lot to make Bernie bin Laden pant like that, but he met his match today! There's a whole thread dedicated to that party, so for more pictures and stories, click here and see for yourself!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: baileylab
Guest(s) 277
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17864
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: