TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
SAVE THE DATE! Nor Cal Meet-Up November 14 2015
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Livermore, CA

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13 October 2015 - 7:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hi Everyone,

We are having a Nor Cal Tripawd meet up at the dog park in Mill Valley on Saturday November 14th starting around 11:00 am.

The usual cast of characters are expected to attend and we are hoping to meet some new pups and peeps!!  All are welcome, 2, 3 and 4 legged and Sprirt pups too!

Mill Valley Dog Park

Scroll down to Dog Run.

Hope to see you there!

Karen and the Spirit Pug Girls and Obie too

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

Los Angeles, CA
13 October 2015 - 7:30 pm

Jasper Lily and I have it on our calendar! We are looking forward to a weekend getaway!!!

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

On The Road

13 October 2015 - 9:32 pm

Oh I'm jealous, wish we could be there!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia

13 October 2015 - 10:52 pm

Take lots of pictures!!!

Wish I could be there! These gatherings are so much fun!!!

Jasper Lilly's first pawty! This'll be a great adventure!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Oakland, CA
17 October 2015 - 6:45 pm

Thanks for posting this Karen. I have "been meaning to post" for the past month or so oh-myThe OP will mos def be represented!!

Woohoo! Tripawds Rule!

Regulator of the Oaktown Pack, Sheriff of the Oaktown Pawsse, Founding member and President of the Tripawd Girldogs With 2 Names ROCK Club, and ... Tripawd Girldog Extraordinaire!

Visit Codie Rae's Blog!

17 October 2015 - 11:24 pm

Where is the Mill Valley Dog Park?

Livermore, CA

17 October 2015 - 11:39 pm

Hi and welcome to Tripawds! Your future posts will not have to wait for approval.

If you click on 'Mill Valley Dog Park' in the first post and scroll down to dog run there is a map.

Are you planning to join us?

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

19 October 2015 - 3:48 pm

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO - Hannah will be in the house! I can not wait to meet all my Nor Cal Peeps!

Livermore, CA

19 October 2015 - 6:55 pm

Yay!  We finally get to meet pup to pup!

Karen

1999 to 2010

20 October 2015 - 8:20 pm

Ok now one of these days I will have to make it to a Cali party.  First the VA party next year 😉

xoxoxox

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Los Angeles, CA
20 October 2015 - 9:09 pm

Michelle said
Ok now one of these days I will have to make it to a Cali party.  First the VA party next year 😉

xoxoxox

Michelle & Angel Sassy

You DEFINITELY do!!! Jasper and I are making a weekend of it! Probably driving up Friday, party-hard Sat and then drive back that evening or early Sun. For both of us - getting out of LA - monthly - is the only way we can stay sane! 🙂 

And we can't wait to see Karen and Martha again!!! 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Peggy Carlan
21 October 2015 - 2:52 pm

My husband Bob and I and our recently adopted girl Joya can't wait for this gathering! Joya was born with 1/2 of her right back leg missing so she is definitely tripawed. Can't wait to meet you all!

Everyone is saying that El Nino is coming in Nov so I'm wondering if there is a "plan B" in case it is raining that day?

Peggy

San Rafael

On The Road

21 October 2015 - 3:12 pm

Peggy that is GREAT! We are so glad you can make it! Thanks for joining. Be sure to tell us all about Joya, we look forward to getting to know you.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

22 October 2015 - 9:29 pm

Karen,

Do you know how long the meet up will be? Any activities planned? Thanks.

Penny

Livermore, CA

23 October 2015 - 7:23 pm

We usually start sometime around 11 and we stay until 2 or 3, depends on how many people are there, temperature, etc.  For this meetup we don't have activities planned, just meeting with old friends and hopefully meeting lots of new friends!

And Peggy- we don't have a plan B as of yet.  We will keep an eye on the weather the week before and change plans as needed.

Karen

1999 to 2010

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 261
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735
Moderators: 6