TRIPAWDS: Home to 23112 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
SAVE THE DATE! Nor Cal Meet-Up November 14 2015
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Peggy Carlan
24 October 2015 - 3:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

krun15 said
We usually start sometime around 11 and we stay until 2 or 3, depends on how many people are there, temperature, etc.  For this meetup we don't have activities planned, just meeting with old friends and hopefully meeting lots of new friends!

And Peggy- we don't have a plan B as of yet.  We will keep an eye on the weather the week before and change plans as needed.

Karen

Thank you Karen. We're very excited to meet you all!exclamation 

I hope that if it is raining the gathering is not cancelled. Perhaps it could be moved to someone's home or a dog friendly restaurant?

Peggy

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
26 October 2015 - 11:28 pm

Hey folks! I'll do my best to make it out there, Saturdays have been our best work days lately so I'm hoping that we get the day off. Michelle I meant Richmond California not Virginia! lol I've never been out that way but it is on my list! If the weather is bad I doubt we will make it back to HVAC work, and we seem to always be off on the nice days and working on the bad ones... Sounds great, but usually means I'm broke during the good weather! I hope we can make it!

31 October 2015 - 7:15 pm

Hi, we'll be there! Whoo Hooo!

Can't wait to see everybody and make some new friends!

Shelby, the Petite Princess.way-cool

Idaho
2 November 2015 - 8:05 am

I really thought I might be able to make it this time. Even checked out airfares, etc. Then my sister, who got married in February, decided this would be the ideal date for having a post-wedding, new house celebration. Go figure! Why on earth she couldn't have had it the Sunday instead of the Saturday, I don't know. Sooo, I guess the plane trip will still happen, but the drive from Sacramento to Mill Valley won't. I was really hoping to be there. Maybe next time.

Kathi and the Turbotail April Angel...and the Labradork

Murphy is a five year old Lab/Chessie cross. He was hit by a car on 10/29/12 and became a Tripawd on 11/24/12. On 2/5/13, he had a total hip replacement on his remaining back leg. He has absolutely no idea that he has only three legs!

UPDATE: Murphy lived his life to the fullest, right up until an aggressive bone lesion took him across the Rainbow Bridge on April 9, 2015 and he gained his membership in the April Angels. Run free, my love. You deserve it!

Los Angeles, CA
6 November 2015 - 2:22 pm

Shelby said
Hi, we'll be there! Whoo Hooo!

Can't wait to see everybody and make some new friends!

Shelby, the Petite Princess.way-cool

SHELBY!!! We can't wait to finally meet you! You were so welcoming when we joined (I don't know if you remember me and my little angel Shelby Lynne). Since she has passed, I have the quad-pawd Jasper Lily and she and I are driving up from LA and can't wait to meet you and all the others. 

Jasper and I are driving up Friday (going to take our time and a nice little adventure) and will be at the park nice and early (on time) Sat!

See you all soon! XOXO

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

6 November 2015 - 10:31 pm

Checked with the weather folks and the answer for next Saturday is....

67 degrees, bright sun shiny day!

See everybody next Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!way-cool

Los Angeles, CA
10 November 2015 - 9:49 am

YAY!!!! Jasper Lily and I are SO excited to see our friends and make some new ones. Let me know if we need to bring anything! 🙂 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

On The Road

10 November 2015 - 10:29 am

Awww so jealous we can't be there. You guys are gonna have a blast! Take lots of pics OK?

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

12 November 2015 - 11:01 pm

Everything is looking good so far to get Iris and I down to Mill Valley on Sat. I do have to go help a guy get set up to finish a furnace on his own, but I should be leaving Sacramento by 9:30 am. Iris has not been a huge fan of my schedule and has been acting up, so I'm trying to dedicate this weekend to her. I apologize in advance if she is out of line but she has not been a fan of my schedule lately. After the tripawty I'm taking her to Bodega Bay where friends and I are renting a beach house and Iris will get her first taste the beach! We're both excited to meet everyone!

Los Angeles, CA
13 November 2015 - 8:26 am

WE are soooooo looking forward to meeting you too! Jasper and I are driving up from LA today and will plan to be at the park on time tomorrow. YAY!

Cant wait to see our friends and meet new ones!!!

With Spirit Shelby as my co-pilot all the way.... (alison and jasper)

Livermore, CA

13 November 2015 - 9:36 am

Can't wait to see everyone!

For those who have not been to the Mill Valley Dog park before-

Once you park there are two ways to get to the dog park, both work but one is longer.  

The shortest way is to follow the bike path, just stay to the right and watch for bikes. There are a couple soccer fields before the dog park.

The other way is to go to the far side of the soccer fields, then walk toward the dog park. This is more scenic but longer.

We usually set up camp on the bike path side of the dog park, look for Shelby's red wagon and my green stroller, or follow the Tripawds!

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

Virginia

13 November 2015 - 10:37 am

This is so exciting!!! All the East Coast gang will be their in joyous spirit!!

Cannot wait for tons of pictures and video!!!!

And .Mike, tripawds get a free pass when it comes to "acting up"! We call that being cutr around here!!

Lpve to all!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

13 November 2015 - 10:02 pm

In May when I showed up late I parked in some kinda community center. Is there a better place to park or an alternative if that is full tomorrow?

Los Angeles, CA
15 November 2015 - 2:28 pm

WOW ... just wow.... Jasper and I just got back to LA and we are STILL grinning ear to ear (well mostly me, Jasper is still on her anti-car campaign) but what an amazing afternoon! My heart is overfilled with love and happiness and new found friendships that I know will last a lifetime.

It was GREAT to see Martha and Karen again and meet little Elly (SOOOOOO adorable) and Mr. Austin (what a handsome boy). We met "Shelby" and her pawrents and their new baby. Such nice people.

And "Bernie Bin Laden" and "Linda" with their pawrents, John and Diane (fellow so-cal peeps).

And a newbie .. Joya ...

and "Hannah" and her mom

And others that I can't remember right now because I am pooped (lots of driving).

It was nice to be among people who "get me" and get this journey and while Jasper couldn't go off her leash since it wasn't totally enclosed, she had a blast ...

I'll post my other photos later and hopefully others that were there will post photos.

But thank you all for doing this, for including us and just being you all. You will never know how much your kindness, support and strength has and continues to hold me up - day in and day out. It was nice to just "laugh" and be 'real'! Much love!!!

Alison with Spirit Shelby in her heart (and little Jasper Lily)

On The Road

15 November 2015 - 3:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Wheeeeee! That's really cool you drove all the way up just for the pawty!!!

Oh my gosh we can't wait to see photos!

Aren't they a fun bunch? Go NorCal Tripawds!!!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 267
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17864
Moderators: 6