TRIPAWDS: Home to 23085 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Chicago Tripawds, Let's Represent at PuppyUp Chicago, 9/16/17
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13 September 2017 - 10:05 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Thanks Christine! Yes we did see it. The article originally appeared in Dogster and there's one about TriKitties in Catster too! See:

http://www.dogs.....legged-dog

http://www.cats.....legged-cat

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

On The Road

15 September 2017 - 11:51 am

Team Tripawds can't wait to see everypawdy this weekend! Check out Tripawds in the News for a wonderful story about the event.

17 September 2017 - 1:17 pm

Team Tripawds raised $3,135.00 for the PuppyUp Foundation, and ended up as the third highest fundraising team.  Way to go Tripawds!  And some of that money will come right back to the Tripawds Nation!   The walk raised $35,965 total, which is just great, and I think double what they raised last year.

Unfortunately, I had to work part of the day, so couldn't make it.   In all honesty, that was probably for the best.  Not only did I avoid the logistical inconvenience of the new location, but I got to spend most of the day with my AlliGator, which was probably way better for my state of mind.

Special thanks to Stephanie (neka03) and Angel Neka for their generous donation!

Otis - 106 pound lab/Dane mix, lost his right front leg to osteosarcoma on Febuary 9, 2016.  Four rounds of carboplatin completed in April, 2016.  Lung mets August 25, 2016.  Said goodbye too soon on September 4, 2016.   Lost his adopted sister, Tess, suddenly on October 9, 2016. likely due to hemangiosarcoma.  

Wherever they are, they are together.

Virginia

17 September 2017 - 1:52 pm

http://tripawds.....is-tess/  WOW!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂   OUTSTANDING ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂    Thank you Christine and everyone!!! 🙂

I think spending the day with Gator is what you both needed!  I know this event has to be  bittersweet for you. 

I did want you to know that, while I didn't contribute to the specific  PuppyUp Event, I chose to contribute directly to Tripawds in honor of you and Otis and Tess.    Jim did a good job of picking the pictures out for the Honor Roll.

Here's the link in case you missed it

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

18 September 2017 - 3:08 pm

Thank you to Lisa Marie (hester) and Warrior Angel Pofi for the generous contribution to Team Tripawds!

Otis - 106 pound lab/Dane mix, lost his right front leg to osteosarcoma on Febuary 9, 2016.  Four rounds of carboplatin completed in April, 2016.  Lung mets August 25, 2016.  Said goodbye too soon on September 4, 2016.   Lost his adopted sister, Tess, suddenly on October 9, 2016. likely due to hemangiosarcoma.  

Wherever they are, they are together.

Minneapolis, MN
18 September 2017 - 4:59 pm

Thank you for spearheading, Christine!  It was our honor to support.

Lisa, Minneapolis

On October 27, 2016, nearly 6 months after amputation, and 18 months since his cancer likely started, we lost Pofi to a recurrence of Soft Tissue Sarcoma in his spine quite suddenly.  His canine sister also succumbed to cancer on March 1, 2019 - we lavished her with our love in the interim, but life was never quite the same without her only real canine friend. Cliff kitty had to leave us, too, suddenly, in August 2019. Lucia kitty grieved all these losses, but helped us welcome two new Lurchers into our home and our lives, Shae and Barley.

Blog: Pofi, Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Amputation

On The Road

18 September 2017 - 5:55 pm

WHEEEEE!!! clapsuperstarheart This makes me want to go crazy with the emojis! YAAAAY!

Thank you everypawdy for helping to make such an impact on ending cancer, and especially you Christine for getting this all going.

We are soooo grateful for everyone's enthusiasm, support and kindness. Way to go Team Tripawds!!!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 256
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17840
Moderators: 6