TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
2 Million Dogs to Walk for Cancer November 7, 2010
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Greater Western Washington area
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2 November 2010 - 1:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Idillon81

Are you doing the Auburn one?  I will be there, also so will Dr. Pam and JD's mom.  I hope to see you there! 

Birthday boy and Rene, how will we figure out where to meet?  Will you have a booth, or something?  I can't wait til Sunday!  I haven't signed up but will probably just pay the fee at the door because they want me to put money into the computer if I sign early and well... you know how I feel about that 🙂

Elizabeth and Sammy

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

2 November 2010 - 7:12 pm

I am signed up for the Seattle walk because my oncologist's office made a very generous donation to the walk.  Did you know that Seattle nearly got to have Luke Robinson at the walk because Seattle nearly was the highest money-raising city.

BUT...even though I am signed up for the Seattle walk, I am coming to the AUBURN walk with my RV (hope it fits).  I can't stay for the entire time as I will be at an AKC agility trial in Auburn.  I am trying to get Jim and Renee an RV spot at the agility trial so they can have dinner with me on SAT night.  Wouldn't that be cool!

So look for all the black mini poodles on Sunday morning in Auburn!

Nancy and the poodles

James the poodle had his left front leg amputated due to osteosarcoma on Aug. 4, 2010.  He is currently doing chemo.

Kirkland, WA
2 November 2010 - 9:14 pm

Yes, I will be at the Auburn walk along with my dad and an urn full of ashes, lol.  Not sure if we'll bring Gracie as she has little dog syndrome and tends to be a little ummmmm.....snippy with other dogs.  So excited to finally get to meet everybody!!!

<3 Laura and Invisible Jackers

On The Road

2 November 2010 - 9:31 pm

Wooo hoooo!

We're not sure if we're going to have a booth yet, we're waiting to see if they'll have a table for us (our RV is too small to pack stuff like that). If they aren't having tables with the booth fee, we'll skip it and just do the walk. We can't wait too!

As for finding us, uh, look for the totally insane crazy German Shepherd barking his head off. We're not hard to find! 😉

I'll pm you guys with our Cell #.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

On The Road

6 November 2010 - 12:56 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Who's joining us Sunday in Auburn for the 2 Million Dogs Puppy Up Walk? Look for Wyatt at the Tripawds table in the exhibit area. (You'll likely hear him first.) Let's all walk together!

Auburn, WA Puppy Up! Walk
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Roegner Park
601 Oravetz Rd
Auburn, WA 98092

Times of the event will be as follows:
10:30am– Registration11:30am – 2 Mile Walk Begins
10:00am – 3:00pm – Vendors, Food & Entertainment
Parking at this event will be at the school parking lot and is free.

Pre-register on line on or before November 5, 2010  $20.00

Day of registration $25.00

Receive a bandana and 2 Million Dogs Bracelet with entry fee.

KCPQ 13 just ran this story about the walks in Auburn and Seattle …

Greater Western Washington area
6 November 2010 - 7:17 am

Don't forget...

It is time to change your clocks on Saturday night back 1 hour.  I don't want anyone missing the time change and showing up WAY TO EARLY!

See ya Sunday,

Elizabeth and Sammy

Diagnosed with osteosarcoma in the right front leg 8/23/10,

leg fractured 8/27/10,

leg amputated 8/30/10

http://sammyand.....pawds.com/

I couldn't begin to say how special Sammy is to us.  Living and laughing with and loving this wonderful boy is priceless.

On The Road

6 November 2010 - 1:46 pm

Better too early than too late! winker

FYI: Jerry just posted an update about the Auburn, WA 2 Million Dogs walk in the main Tripawds News blog .

7 November 2010 - 7:25 am

Have fun today guys! I'd take Chloe on a walk to join support, but its going to start raining any minute now and will be all day crying 

Can't wait to see pictures!

-Chloe's mom 

Chloe became a rear amp tripawd on 7-29-10. Another tumor was removed on front leg 2-20-14. Found 3rd tumor on neck 2-2015, but she's still kicking cancer's butt at age 14. Chloe's blog

7 November 2010 - 10:02 am

Chloe will be at the Auburn Canine Cancer Walk.smiley

Since JD can not be there, I will be wearing my Chloe Cancer Walk T-shirt in honor of her and all the heroes,

so all the dogs will be represented!!!

Hey what are you saying about rain and walking???confused It almost always rains around here, even today. But in the true Tri-Pawd spirit we will all be out, can't wait to meet everyone!!

Spirit JD's mom

JD

One Tough Girl

(1999-2010)

-Diagnosed with osteosarcoma of her left front leg –

-Amputation July 23 2010 –

-The cancer didn't get her, but she is gone-

-She fought the cancer and loved life till bloat brought her down August 29th, 2010-

Now she watches over her mom and two new sisters, the Quad-Paws Serena and Maya

7 November 2010 - 10:48 am

Chloe is a baby when it comes to the rain.  She and I are true So Cal girls, lol.  That or I look into investing in a dog parka!  And I don't live in an area where the 2 million dog walks are being held, so bummer! Maybe if it stops raining later, we will venture out to do our own walk!

-Chloe's mom

Chloe became a rear amp tripawd on 7-29-10. Another tumor was removed on front leg 2-20-14. Found 3rd tumor on neck 2-2015, but she's still kicking cancer's butt at age 14. Chloe's blog

Montgomery, NY
7 November 2010 - 3:16 pm

Hi,

We made it to the walk in Poughkeepsie, NY today. Champ had a great time meeting all the other dogs and their parents. He got a little tired but it was only his first real walk since getting his staples out on Thursday. This was his first car-ride that wasn't to the vet's office in a long time.

Joy (& Champ)

Atlanta, GA
7 November 2010 - 3:20 pm

Jane & Chloe walking in memory of SkylerImage Enlarger

I don't know how to make this photo smaller, but here we are at the beginning of the Atlanta Puppy Up Walk.  We still miss Skyler so much!  Cathy was out of town, but I know she wanted to be there too.  I told everyone I saw about Tripawds.

Skyler – 10 year old Golden Retriever.  Diagnosed with Mast Cell Tumor on 2-26-10.  Right rear leg amputated on 3-4-10.  Crossed Rainbow Bridge on 6-11-10.  Chloe – Joined her sister on 4-4-11, due to hemangiosarcoma.  The beloved Golden Girls are now back together.

On The Road

7 November 2010 - 5:41 pm

How Pawesome is That? Tripawds had representatives at Puppy Up walks across the nation! big-grin

We had a wonderful time meeting Lincoln, Sammy, James (and the poodle pack), and invisible Jackers… oh yeah, and all their people too! Wyatt wore himself out barking to keep everybody in line the whole time and is finally resting. We'll eventually get around to posting pictures. Thank you all for helping us kick cancer's butt!

Kirkland, WA
7 November 2010 - 6:14 pm

I'm so glad I finally got to meet everybody!!!!!  We are quite the special group of people 😉

<3 Laura and Invisible Jackers (not so invisible in his new Tripawds Bandana!!!)

Las Vegas, Nevada
7 November 2010 - 9:26 pm

We sure miss you Laura!  Hope to see you more here, too!

Love Skyler's shirt!  (oops I  left out the "r" and had to edit quickly!)

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 247
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: