TRIPAWDS: Home to 23092 Members and 2158 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Happy Thanksgiving
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Mount Pleasant, Ia
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
24 November 2010 - 7:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Cooper, Coopsmom and I want to extend Thanksgiving wishes to everyone here. As Dan expressed earlier, had anyone told me a year ago, a month ago for that matter! That I would belong to a group that shares the most profound love for their furry friends, and a level of care for them that surpasses anything I have ever been a part of, I would not believe it. We havent been here long, and as much as I have come to like everyone here, still wish circumstances would never have lead us here, we have been here long enough that I hope that no one here finds it out of line that we call you all  family - and mean it too. Everyone here has been such a help, and caring and informative, and all of us in our pack truly wish you all a blessed Thanksgiving , a happy ending to this year and a beautiful beginning to next year! Thank you all so much!!

Coopers pack

Coopsdad/ Kenneth Blackburn

http://cooper.t.....ipawds.com

the monkeydogs only THINK they have invaded the tripawd state

24 November 2010 - 7:22 pm

We too are grateful for finding this family that we needed and continue to need.  I think none of us ever thought we would find ourselves in a community as unique and special as this one, but we are so thankful that it exists.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to all of the family.

Angel Honeygurl's pack

Dx Osteosarcoma  3/31/10.  Amputation 7/21/10. Honey put up a valiant fight and lost her battle 9/22/10. Missing her and treasuring 9 years with our Honeygurl.

24 November 2010 - 7:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

You're a very special family and I just wish we had met under different circumstances. There is something special about you and your family. I so look forward to hearing of Coops journey as a Tripawd and all the lessons that he teaches you. Thank you for the beautiful post. Your words are pure.  I've only been ice fishing once, but if I am every in your neck of the woods I expect a hands on lesson smile

Happy Thanksgiving, 

Your Texas Friends,

Fortis and Brett

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
24 November 2010 - 8:23 pm

Cooper & family, I don't think anyone has joined the group and become so 'at home' so quickly.  I hope you are here for a long, long time.  Your passion is contagious.  A very happy Thanksgiving to your family and the pack.  Cooper is a lucky dog!

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

Baltimore County, Maryland
24 November 2010 - 8:25 pm

We havent been in this incredible pack that long, but I am so very grateful and thankful that we've found you. I can only hope to give back what you all have given me in the last few weeks- courage, strength, moxy, tears, laughter and so much more. I will forver thank the heavens for your support and your kindness.  Above all, you have helped me take care of my dog and there's nothing greater than that.

hugs and dog kisses,

thank you,

mandy & Kenmore

krun15
24 November 2010 - 9:09 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to Coop's pack!

Definitely not a place that any of us planned to be, but since you're here you might as well make yourself at home!!

Thanks again for sharing Coop, and letting me share my own Coop, Bo-dog with you.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Karen and the pugapalooza

Las Vegas, Nevada
24 November 2010 - 9:32 pm

Awww Coop's mom and dad, we are so glad that you found us, too.  I'm sorry for the reasons you had to find us but I'm glad you did (and you too, Kenmore's mom)!

Happy Thanksgiving to your family!

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Edmonton, Alberta
24 November 2010 - 9:32 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Coop and family! 

In Canada we had our Thanksgiving in October - I'll have a turkey sandwich though tomorrow for lunch in celebration of YOUR Thanks-giving day.

Catie -

Birthday – November 4 2003

Amputation – January 13 2010

Crossed the Bridge – June 2 2011

Catie Caitlin 

Mount Pleasant, Ia
24 November 2010 - 10:00 pm

well, after coming back and reading the replies to my post, I rest my case.... there isnt a more special group of people or dogs in the whole world! Honeygurl you said that all well, a special and unique group. Fortis and Brett, thank you for your warm words, and I would just like to add that Cooper and his pack all think you and Fortis' pack are very special too, and I also wish we had met under different circumstances, but glad we met I am! And you have my word, if you are ever in the area during that time of year, I will take you ice fishing anytime - and even go so far as to say I can almost guarantee you we will catch fish, I dont get skiunked often 🙂

Fortis is a very lucky dog as well. Hugapitbull thanks to you too! Folks like yourself is what has made it so easy to make myself at home here! Kenmore and family, I agree with you wholeheartedly to all the qualities found here in this group, and let me assure you , you have already returned to the group all the things you say you have received from the group and so much more! Karen and pugapalooza, besides sharing Bodog with us - which still amazes me and is just one of the greatest things! You have extended a calm strength to Cooper and his pack several times when we were near panic.. your demeanor and assurance pulled us back from the brink of panic many times! Thank you!

Cometdog.... how could I ever express the help you have been to us, you have kept us laughing at times we felt we should be crying and been a help in technical areas in such a nice way, its always nice to have someone with your multi faceted abilities that also has the ability to help someone in a way that does not make them feel stupid, what a gift! And even Monkeybutt isnt such a bad guy! big-grin

And Catiesmom - heres hoping that you enjoy your turkey sandwich tomorrow, didnt realize Thanksgiving was a different day in Canada. You as well have been a wonderful help and good friend! Happy thanksgiving to everyone!! And I hope I havent left anyone out!!

your friends for a long long time to come.... Coops pack

Coopsdad/ Kenneth Blackburn

http://cooper.t.....ipawds.com

the monkeydogs only THINK they have invaded the tripawd state

24 November 2010 - 11:08 pm

Hoppy Thanksgiving Mr. Coop!  We are so glad to have you here to share your story.  I think we have all fallen in love with Sammy's twin 🙂

-Chloe's mom

Chloe became a rear amp tripawd on 7-29-10. Another tumor was removed on front leg 2-20-14. Found 3rd tumor on neck 2-2015, but she's still kicking cancer's butt at age 14. Chloe's blog

Los Angeles
25 November 2010 - 12:04 am

Awww....Cooper, tell your Dad that his words go a long way and we're so happy that we found you too.  You have a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of turkey to eat.  We can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.  This is a very senimental time for many of us - wondering if we'd see our next Thanksgiving and for many of us our wish has come true.  We will be keeping you in our thoughs and we hope that you have a great Thanksgiving!coolcoolcool

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

knoxville, tn
25 November 2010 - 7:56 am

geesh, all this 'thankful' talk...where's the dinner, when do we eat...is it time for a nap????  now hold hands, hug or give slobbery kisses and let's get down to it!!!!!

gayle

Life is good, so very, very good!!! Gayle enjoyed each and every moment of each and every wonderful day (naps included).  She left this world December 12, 2011 – off on a new adventure.

Love Never Ends

http://etgayle

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
25 November 2010 - 8:20 am

etgayle said:

geesh, all this 'thankful' talk...where's the dinner, when do we eat...is it time for a nap????  now hold hands, hug or give slobbery kisses and let's get down to it!!!!!

gayle

Bwhahhahha - silly girl, you know you have to do the thankful 'stuff' before you eat the goods!  And Trouble is getting her morning nap in just like it's just another day 🙂

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

25 November 2010 - 8:54 am

Always glad to add to the family. I think you came around while I was taking a break after Gus died, but hasn't taken long to get to know you. As Brett said, good to have a few guys in the hen house,oops, sorry, chick house, to keep an even balance!!!!! Glad your here, Spirit Gus and Dan

My buddy Gus had a left front amputation on April 7, 2010 and lived a great life until July 26,2010

Snohomish, Washington
25 November 2010 - 8:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

I'm late to the party as always, Coop's pack, but I still want to echo what everyone else has said. We're glad you're a part of the family, even though the reason the reason you are here is a bummer.

We're at the lake for Thanksgiving, and it's snowy and beautiful and Lincoln still wants to swim. Too bad nobody is closer because we'll be enjoying a wonderful TOFURKY at our traditional cruelty-free dinner.

Sounds yummy, no?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Lincoln's Mom

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall – Confucius

http://credocan.....pawds.com/

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: tazziedog, Andy_2
Guest(s) 194
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17849
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3