Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat
Tripawds is the place to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.
JUMP TO FORUMS ↓
Join The Tripawds Community
Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:
What does it mean to Be More Dog?
Find out in Be More Dog: Learning to Live in the Now by Tripawds founders Rene and Jim. Learn life lessons learned from their Chief Fun Officer Jerry G. Dawg! Get the book and find fun gifts in the Be More Dog Bookstore.
25 April 2007
If you live in Missouri and your dog has osteosarcoma, you might be interested in this clinical trial at Mizzou:
- Clinical trial enrollment is open at the University of Missouri-CVM to evaluate the safety and efficacy of surgery combined with ECI-OSA-1 as a treatment for newly-diagnosed appendicular osteosarcoma. Dogs
that have not yet had surgery or received other treatments for their cancer may be eligible.
- ECI-OSA-1 provides an alternative to chemotherapy
and offers the potential for better treatment outcomes with minimal toxicity.
- Schedule an appointment for evaluation of a patient by contacting
- Deb Tate (TateD@missouri.edu), Clinical Trials Coordinator,
- Or call the MU Oncology Services scheduler at (573) 882-7821.
- Funding for this trial, including surgery, is provided by ELIAS Animal Health, a medical biotechnology company advancing treatment of cancer in the veterinary market.
- For more information, visit eliasanimalhealth.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.