Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat
Tripawds is the place to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.
JUMP TO FORUMS ↓
Join The Tripawds Community
Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:
Get the new book by the Tripawds founders for life lessons learned from their Chief Fun Officer Jerry G. Dawg! Download the e-book, and find fun Be More Dog apparel and gifts in the Be More Dog Bookstore.
25 April 2007
The Viper's Video Quicktags plugin enables Supporter Blogs to easily embed videos hosted on more than a dozrn popular video sharing site. So when the Life with a tri-pug Supporter Blog recently featured a link to Maggie's Christmas video on PhotoBucket, I looked into it and did a little testing.
For any video sharing site not supporterted by the Viper's Video Quicktags plugin that does provide HTML “embed” code for Flash videos, here are the steps for embedding them in your blog.
Note: All video embedding requires activation of the Viper's Video Quicktags plugin which is available on Tripawds Supporter Blogs. All members can share videos here in the forums following these simple instructions for how to add movies to forum posts.
Example HTML Code from PhotoBucket Video:
For Tripawds Supporters:
- If the video embedding buttons do not appear in your post editor, ensure that the Viper's Video Quicktags plugin has been enabled from your Plugins -> Installed menu.
- Make sure that the “Show Editor Button” option is checked for Flash Video (FLV) on the VVQ Settings page from the Settings -> Video Quicktags menu.
- Visit the video page on your sharing site (i.e.; photobucket.com) and copy only the Flash file URL for your video from within the provided HTML embed code (indicated as bold in the example above).
- Insert cursor in the new post editor where you want your video to appear
- Click Flash Video button
- Paste file URL for Flash video
- Click Okay
- Complete your post and click Preview.
The quicktag will appear in your post editor where the video will display. Do not edit this line. Your video should view properly once your post is published and readers click its Play button. There are various advanced parameters available in the Video Quicktags Settings menu that lets you control how it is diaplyed.
These steps should work for any video sharing site that provides embed code complete with a direct file URL for the Flash file. Please feel free to reply to this topic with any questions.