TRIPAWDS: Home to 22969 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon-c
Team Tripawds Wants YOU! Walk or Run for the Tripawds Nation 2019!
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
16 October 2019 - 7:04 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Pawsome!! This is really cool.... even though Im gonna lose 🤣🤣🤣

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

Livermore, CA

16 October 2019 - 7:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

I had fun doing this last year and it gave me some incentive to get out and pound the pavement everyday (mostly every day).

As an ex-jock who 'always played hurt' my banged up old body does not allow for running anymore so I set my goal to get once around the course and to raise some money.

Most of the miles will be done on my own this year I think.  I'm keeping Elly's miles down and Obie walks so slowly that I can't even consider that as exercise smiley4

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

17 October 2019 - 5:17 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Thank you Jet. By the way love your pic. I will check out the link. This is my first race.

My Beautiful Beloved Brownie was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma on February 26, 2019.  With all odds against him he lived an additional one year and eight days with amputation, love, and prayer.  I was honored to be his mom, and I have never been so proud!  He will live forever in my Heart!

Brownie Bubba Bell

04/01/2007 - 03/05/2020

"March Saint"

Green Bay, WI

17 October 2019 - 9:33 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

There is always a stroller Karen....got one for old man Kodi. I'm hoping most of our miles can be outside - getting to be that time of the year in Wisconsin...FRIGID! How about next year's race being a little earlier, for us less fortunate folks in the tundra.

And Jackie - there are no losers....if you commit to this (and do it) you're way ahead of those just sitting on their couches. (How inspirational is that? smiley2)

Of course there will be the over-achievers who will make us all look bad - you know who you are!

Paula and Warrior Angel Nitro

Nitro 11 1/2  yr old Doberman; right front amp June 2014. Had 6 doses carboplatin, followed by metronomic therapy. Rocked it on 3 legs for over 3 years! My Warrior beat cancer, but couldn't beat old age. He crossed the Bridge peacefully on July 25, 2017, with dignity and on his terms.  Follow his blog entitled "Doberman's journey"

http://nitro.tripawds.com

"Be good, mama loves you".....run free my beautiful Warrior

On The Road

17 October 2019 - 11:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Wheeeee! Thanks for joining us Nancy, you will have so much fun.

We also got another team member joining us, Christine, mom to Angel Otis, Spirit Tess, Gator and the kitties! So far the team roster looks like this:

• Jerry 
  • Admin
  • Dobemom
  • dawn3g
  • tinsch
  • BradTally
  • Sten
  • Huckleberry
  • Krun
  • Brownie
  • OtisandTess

Jackie, nopawdy loses the race, seriously. It's not that kind of event. Everyone's a winner 

Karen get out that Pugmobile stroller, it counts!

And Paula I don't know what you are talking about 😉

Does anyone have questions about using the Racery app or desktop version? I'm happy to help!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Livermore, CA

17 October 2019 - 3:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Actually a few years ago when it was old arthritic lady Tani and Pug boy Obie recovering from knee surgery I pushed both of them around in the big stroller and took credit for it in a contest at work.  Nothing like pushing 40 extra pounds to get the heart rate up!

I just might try it this time...Obie loves the stroller but Elly gets impatient and wants out.  We'll see.

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

17 October 2019 - 5:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

I'm thinking about using the stroller, but pushing 75 lbs, I just don't know...By the end of the block and back I'm pooped! I think I may

walk Brownie a little, then walk Max and Sassy a lot...

My Beautiful Beloved Brownie was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma on February 26, 2019.  With all odds against him he lived an additional one year and eight days with amputation, love, and prayer.  I was honored to be his mom, and I have never been so proud!  He will live forever in my Heart!

Brownie Bubba Bell

04/01/2007 - 03/05/2020

"March Saint"

17 October 2019 - 6:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

It might be just me,  myself,  and I. I guess time is going to tell on this one.  Bo seems to have hurt, twisted, pulled something.  We took him to the vet tonight,  his retest for Ehrlichia came back negative.  The doc can't find the source of the pain like i couldn't yet he's still favoring front left paw. 

He's on 2 weeks of carprofen and quiet.  Hopefully this will do the trick. If not,  I'm walking solo.

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

17 October 2019 - 6:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Get better soon Bo!

Brownie Bubba Bell

04/01/2007 - 03/05/2020

"March Saint"

On The Road

17 October 2019 - 8:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Ditto, rest up Bo, we need ya to keep your maw company!

Any steps are better than none, whatever everyone can do is wonderful.

On The Road

26 October 2019 - 11:45 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory
sp_QuotePost

Wheeeeee! The Team Tripawds roster is getting long, we are thrilled! icon_lol

There are now SIXTEEN runners and a total of $846 has been raised so far. YEAH! smiley_clap

A big THANK YOU to everypawdy who's signed up so far. 

• Jerry 
  • Admin
  • Dobemom
  • dawn3g
  • tinsch
  • BradTally
  • Sten
  • Huckleberry
  • Krun
  • Brownie
  • OtisandTess
  • KatEndert
  • Kaiserin
  • NikkiandCairo
  • CWDLadysMom
  • Luna11

If you haven't signed up yet, whatcha waiting for? Join us!

On The Road

5 November 2019 - 11:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory
sp_QuotePost

Team Tripawds is ROCKIN IT! Teammates have raised $1631 so far and we're not even done with the first week! YAY! 

Want in on the fun? JOIN TEAM TRIPAWDS!

Image may contain: textImage Enlarger

20 November 2019 - 5:27 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Half way through the month-long 2019 Tripawds Virtual Marathon, more than 30 supporters are running and walking around the Chicago Marathon course from all over the world. Check out everypawdy's pawgress in the short video AdminGuy made, and disregard those miles he's putting on. We keep telling him this is not a race!

Ar you participating? Thank you for your support!

Be sure to log your daily activity, and share your personal link to spread the word and help us reach our goal. Only 10 Days and $479 to go!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Cynthia Lindgren
Guest(s) 226
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17732
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: