Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat
Tripawds is the place to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.
JUMP TO FORUMS ↓
Join The Tripawds Community
Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:
What does it mean to Be More Dog?
Find out in Be More Dog: Learning to Live in the Now by Tripawds founders Rene and Jim. Learn life lessons learned from their Chief Fun Officer Jerry G. Dawg! Get the book and find fun gifts in the Be More Dog Bookstore.
3 February 2021
I was found roaming the streets of Birmingham. The shelter there did everything they could to find whoever owned me but no one wanted me. I got hit by a truck or large SUV from best guess, it fractured my pelvis and over time I sustained nerve damage in my leg and foot. I was in so much pain I'd cry just walking but I still loved all the amazing people taking care of me. One week later I met the lady who called herself mahm and now I have my mahm, dahd, my doggo brothers, and human sister! Now I'm living my life the best I can being a giant with 3 legs, I'm such a lucky boy all thanks to @ozrgreatdanerescue ❤
Awww welcome sweet Elliot! You won the doggy lotto! Congratulations!
I'm so glad you came here to share your story. Sounds like you are on the mend and doing really well. Danes are such a BIG INSPAWRATION around here!
We would love to see some photos of you, got any to share?
This is how adding images to the Forums works.
- Upload pics to a photo sharing site like imgur.com or your own Tripawds blog!
- Right click and copy the Image URL or just copy the image if you’re on a phone
- Return to your Tripawds Forum post and paste the image URL (or the image itself) in your post. It should automatically appear.
If you’d like help figuring out the process let me know. Again, welcome! Your future posts won't need to wait for approval.
10 January 2021
Three legs is the new Four, its all the rage.
- "what shall be done for these innocents? I have been warned not even to raise the question of animal immortality, lest I find myself “in company with all the old maids”. I have no objection to the company" - C S Lewis (The Problem of Pain)
- "Mr Toplady was touched by the cruelty of the scene, and exclaimed, ' Who could bear to see that sight, if there were not to be some compensation for these poor suffering animals in a future state' 'I certainly hope,' said my grandfather, ' that all the bulls will go to heaven; but do you think this will be the case with all the animal creation' 'Yes, certainly,' replied Mr Toplady, with great emphasis, ' all, all!" - Josiah Bull (recording a meeting with the great A. M. Toplady, author of "Rock of Ages" in "Memorials of the Rev. William Bull of Newport, Pagnel")
- "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God" Luke 12:6