TRIPAWDS: Home to 23142 Members and 2162 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
The 2011 Peace Summit
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Pontiac, IL
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
30 December 2011 - 2:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

A few weeks ago, Mommy left for a few days and I didn't know where she went.  Well, I did a little snooping and got a full accounting of her activities.

She went to VEGAS - land of the monkeybutt-bunny vampire pirate. 

My spies told me that she had dinner with MBVP's Mom and Dad.  I had someone on the inside at the meeting and learned that it was really a peace summit, trying to find a way for the Tripawds and the Monkeybutts to get along in 2012.  I guess the monkeybutts are upset (more than usual) that they get no attention and have to wear those funny looking ears all the time.  They are also very scared of the Warrior Princesses and of getting "gurl cooties" from all the kisses that are being given out.

As this is a democracy, I will leave to all of my Tripawd friends to decide if we will be nicer in the coming year or not.

Ginger - Attorney General Ginger Legal Pants (AGGLP)   

San Diego, CA
30 December 2011 - 5:19 pm

Hey, we've ALWAYS been nice. We're offering kisses after all, and kisses are the best things in life (after treats, and naps, and hamburgers, and trips to the beach...)

THEY are the ones who have shunned us. THEY are the ones who have spurned our advances at friendship. 

If the Monkeybutts are willing to make the first move and hold out the olive branch, then we will happily accept it and KISS them to seal the deal.

What say you, Monkeybutts??

Kisses,

Abby, TWPSMCG (Tripawd Warrior Princess Super Model Cover Girl)

Abby: Aug 1, 2009 – Jan 10, 2012. Our beautiful rescue pup lived LARGE with osteosarcoma for 15 months – half her way-too-short life. I think our "halflistic" approach (mixing traditional meds + supplements) helped her thrive. (PM me for details. I'm happy to help.) She had lung mets for over a year. They took her from us in the end, but they cannot take her spirit! She will live forever in our hearts. She loved the beach and giving kisses and going to In-N-Out for a Flying Dutchman. Tripawds blog, and a more detailed blog here. Please also check out my novel, What the Dog Ate. Now also in paperback! Purchase it at Amazon via Tripawds and help support Tripawds!

Las Vegas, Nevada
30 December 2011 - 8:51 pm

As Monkeybutt-bunny Vampire Pirate's mom (did I leave out a word? ...he gets upset if I forget his full title).  I can attest to a wonderful meeting with your mom Ginger!!  It was amazing to finally meet her (and her family)!  But unfortunately, we were not able to negotiate any terms.  It was even brought up that your granddad's dog, join the monkeydogs!!  Yes.  I'm sorry to say.  The topic of more recruits came up.

I will say that so far MB hasn't destuffed your wonderful monkeydog gift...so maybe....just maybe that is the beginning of a new agreement!!  One can only hope. 

On the negative side, he did spit out your treat when I said it was from Ginger.

Where is Bill Clinton when you need him???!!!

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

On The Road

30 December 2011 - 11:47 pm

Can't we all just git along lil' doggies?

P.S. It's neat to think that your Momma was in Vegas, Ginger but how come none of us or you knew anything about it? Did what happened in Vegas stay in Vegas? Hmmmm????? 😉

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Pontiac, IL
31 December 2011 - 8:41 am

I agree with you Abby. We are nice as pie. Pucker up cause I think they really want your kisses!

Ge'Lena my mom and family had so much fun with you and George!!

I heard that my Papa's dog becoming a Monkeybutt dog was discussed but my Papa wouldn't let that happen. He loves me too much.

I'm glad MBVP hasn't ripped open his toy because that is where I hid the listening device, my very own homemade Trojan horse, er,Trojan Monkeybutt-bunny.

Th trip out Vegas was kind of a last minute thing, something about using timeshare points before they expire and Papa loves seeing the Cirque shows!

Leicester, NY
31 December 2011 - 9:37 am

Samson007 here....Mom and dad are going to visit the land of MBBVP aka The Monkeybutt Federations West coast division aka Las Vegas. They are under strict orders not to negotiate or even speak about any negotiations with any tripawds...especially kissy tripod gurls. ugh

Mom said that Lady Monkeybutt and I have to go stay in a "suite" while they are gone. She can't fool me! She takes us to Spirit Daisys "Therapy" place. "Torture" place is more like it!  Last time I stayed there they stuck me full of needles so I looked like a porcupine! This time she is going to have Dr. Browne zap me with a laser on my foot...You see, when Daisy died I was sad (explanation below) and I sat in her bed and started licking my foot...till the hair was gone.....and then it kinda got infected....mom said its a lick granola or something. Don't all you tripawds think that I actually LIKED tripawd Daisy either! I just missed having a tripawd to sit on top of and I use to get a big ol drink of water and go dry my tongue on her forehead. Bahahahaha!

BTW: I tried licking Monkeybutt Ladys head with my big wet tongue and she bit metwisted! Geesh!

Spirit Samson was Spirit Tripawd Daisys four legged "brother" and ruled as the self proclaimed head of the Monkeybutt Federations East Coast Division. Lady Chunky Monkey stayed from Oct 2011 and left for the bridge in Apr 2012. Miss Perdy is left and has some big pawprints to fill.
Do you have what it takes to be a Monkeybutt? Find out more at the Monkeybutt Federation

Washington
31 December 2011 - 10:34 am

We, too, are willing to let there be peace and Tripawd girl kisses for all. Pucker up, you monkeybutts!!!

the Woo

~ ~ Rio ~ ~
Forever in my heart...

April 2000 – January 20, 2012
Diagnosed with Mast Cell Cancer in June 2007. Left rear leg amputated Feb. 8, 2011.
Mets discovered Aug. 31, 2011. Read more of Rio's story here.

WYO
31 December 2011 - 12:00 pm

WHAT is goin on? I ain't kissing no freaky eared monkey Butts!  Bleck Bleck thhhppppt!

Nah, no way.... Ginger, Abby, Rio  are you going soft? I hope there is some kind of tactical plan?

We best keep our folks outta  sin city...I'm  sensing  bamBOOZElment!

Monkeybutt-Bunny Vampire
31 December 2011 - 3:43 pm

Don't worry Budro - I aint swappin' spit with you neither!!! 

"The Gurls" are just so ugly no one will kiss them and they have to go searching for love out of their 'own kind'! 

Monkeydogs don't fall for it!!!

Super Duper Samson!

I can't wait to meet your mommy and daddy!  Sorry about you having to stay at the Porcupine Hotel!!!!  I don't like granola either! 

Don't anyone hold their breath for a Peace Summit!

Chicago, IL
31 December 2011 - 6:12 pm

I vote NO.

I am having so much fun being the center of all the attention so Monkybutts DO NOT FALL FOR IT.

Except I will be nice to the Honorable Attorney General Ginger Legal Pants because she was Tate's girlfriend.  And Auntie Annie and Uncle Brian give me presents!  (Plus she might sue me if I'm not.) 

But I don't like it one bit that my mommy and daddy love her so much.  They should love only me! 

Little Sister Sam

http://tate.tripawds.com/
August 16, 2006 to November 28, 2011
TATE ~ Forever in our hearts.

Pontiac, IL
1 January 2012 - 2:27 pm

Psst! Hey Anjl - shhhh! There is some collusion going on but don't let the secret out! The message will sent out soon.

Now, as to you sweet little sister Sam - I wouldn't worry about your pawrents. I know for a fact that they have plenty of room in their hearts for more than one dog. I can't help but have a soft spot for you even if you are a baby Monkey Dawg.

AGGLP

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: benny55
Guest(s) 177
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17894
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3