TRIPAWDS: Home to 23119 Members and 2161 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Merry Christmas and Happy 2021 To Tripawd Community-News
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
26 December 2020 - 12:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I don't get on this site much anymore... losing Fuzz was unbearable and I still cry over his absence almost every single day.  He loved Christmas and laying under the Christmas tree (climbing and rearranging ornaments/garland in his pre cancer/younger years).  It was a holiday like no other-2020.   I felt the need to reach out to you all and send you belated holiday wishes and to let you all know that I am still so thankful for all of the words and encouragement you shared during my journey with Fuzz that began the summer of 2019. I also wanted to share a couple updates.  A couple weeks after Fuzz passed, I was put in contact with a local woman who rescues and rehabs neonatal and sick/abandoned kittens.  I reached out and was able to provide her with nearly 100 cans of kitten food and nutrient/supplement gels that I had left over from Fuzz. It felt good to provide for other felines in need through the spirit of my Fuzz-Worm!   

My family for the first time in my 45 years did not celebrate a Christmas this year due to the pandemic, nor were any gifts exchanged or purchased.  I did ask my father who is a talented woodworker to make me one gift - a turned wooden urn to hold Fuzz.  As a surprise for both he and I , I  had a pillow made from a photo I sent to a company so that Fuzz will be sitting on the couch with us forever! 

Finally,  It is funny how things work out that then a couple weeks after that I was basically put in a position to rescue a very tiny kitten and when she was handed over was told there was one more living under the house and I agreed that I would take it as soon as it was caught (that took the better part of a week).. so now after 1.5 weeks I have 2 new fluff balls who have adapted very nicely (both checked out pretty healthy at vet) and after week plus of isolation came into main part of house and made themselves right at home by sleeping in/on my bed (partaking in soooooo many toys both new and old) and keeping me on my toes for having 9 week old kittens again!  The spirit of Fuzz will hopefully shine through these little munchkins and it just so happened that when the first came home I stumbled upon 12 other cans of kitten food I had stashed upstairs in Fuzz's last days!  I did have to order a new shipment and Chewy arrived within a few days of the first kitten coming home.    They are grey and white siblings.. smaller of two is female and is first to arrive she was named Smudge (has  a smudge on her nose) and her brother who is long hair and feels like an angora bunny is named Mouse ( he would not come out from under that house!)   Attached are a couple photos including the pillow and urn for Fuzz (will be engraved and have final seal/finish applied) and the new little additions Smudge and Mouse 

IMG_1137-rotated.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

On The Road

26 December 2020 - 5:27 pm

Awwwwwwww (((((hugs))))))) Hoppy Pawlidays to you too! Santa Paws and Fuzz must have collaborated to bring you Smudge and Mouse, those two kitties are so very lucky and so are you. 

I'm so glad you reached out. This holiday season has been an emotional one for so many of us, and not an easy thing to go through. We totally get the difficulty in being here, in remembering your sorrow and getting through a first holiday without Fuzz. And even though you hare caring for those two sweethearts now, I know that Fuzz's presence is still greatly missed in your home and in your life. He was such a great kitty and a true warrior! Your dad's lovely urn is a masterpiece that so perfectly honors his legend. The pillow is adorable too. Where did you get it? 

Well, we send lots of hugs and well wishes to you, the kitties and your family for better days ahead. Even though you aren't here all the time, you'll always be part of our community, and Fuzz will never be forgotten. Blessings to all of you in the new year!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia

26 December 2020 - 6:33 pm

Oh my goodness, my emotions are all over the place! 

That pillow gave me some happy tears because it was such a wonderful way to have Fuzz next to you on the couch......PURRFECT!!!   The photo you selected is so sweet.😊 And for your Dad to make that exquisite  urn with such love and care is another way of having Fuzz with you always.  I .ove that it was a "no present Christmas", yet the urn and the pillow were purrfect "no present gifts".

The bottom line is I'm so glad you shared some of the wonderful memories of Fuzz-Worm at Christmas and the ways you honored him by donating his  food, etc.

Make no mistake about it, the eternal  loving  light of the Spirit of Fuzz is defi making his presence known.  You know that Smudge and Mouse are his doings, right?  Yes I deedy, he clearly sent them both to you!  He knows you will show them love and joy and care..just like you showed him.  ♥️

I know it's bittersweet posting, but I also know you, Smudge and Mouse are family and Fuzz wants you to share them with us.  You and Fuzz contributed to all of us in so many ways....and still do.❤

Cannot wait to jear about all the a tics of these two little kittens.  TWO ,kittens at once....you have your hands full!  It's so nice of Fuzz to share his couch with them👍

Hugs

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Livermore, CA

26 December 2020 - 7:18 pm

Clearly Fuzz sent you those darlings!  Our heart dogs and cats take care of us from across the bridge and send us new companions when the time is right.

I've been seeing the same vet for over 20 years- she has been with me on all the pups journeys.  I trust her will my dogs but she is actually a cat person!  I always get her the Tripawds calendar with Elly's picture (and Maggie years ago) and since we've been putting out a cat version I get her one of those as well.  I found out recently that she hangs the cat calendar over her desk so she will be looking at Fuzz for a month next year!

Come here when you want or need to, you are family forever.  We would love to follow along as Smudge and Mouse grow and terrorize your house but we also understand how hard this place can be sometimes.

Karen and the Spirit Pug Girls

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 335
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17873
Moderators: 6