Our brains are exploding right now, but in a good way. Last week we geeked out at the 2017 Western Veterinary Conference in Las Vegas. As exhibitors we were allowed to attend any veterinary learning session we wanted. Forget the slot machines, we were there to learn!
Stay Tuned for These Tripawd Health Tips
Of course we aren’t vets but many of the topics that got our attention were focused on surgery recoveries, orthopedics, pet cancer, senior animals, nutrition and more. Just take a look at the #WVC2017 sessions we attended:
- How Pain Works, What it Does and Why You Should Care
- Updates in Pain Management
- Rehabilitation in Orthopedic Patients: How Important is It?
- Nutrition in Practice: The Canine Cancer Conundrum
- Metronomic Chemotherapy FAQ
- Osteosarcoma Survival Guide
- Orthopedic Challenges, Complications & Disasters
- Teaching Clients to Identify Pain in Pets at Home
- Oncology: What You Need to Know
- Obesity/Weight Management & Physical Rehab
- Physical Rehabilitation & the Geriatric Patient
- Rehabilitation of the Sport Medicine Patient
As you can see, so many of the conference topics are relative to the Tripawds Nation. Much of the information we picked up is understandable to laypeople like us, so in the coming weeks we’ll be reporting on what we learned. You’ll discover even more about how to help your Tripawd live a longer, healthier life.
As a bonus, over the next several months we will have a few WVC speakers as our special guests on Tripawd Talk Radio.
Thank you for all of your ongoing support that helped us get to our biggest conference ever. The vet and industry contacts we made at WVC are so valuable to us all. The vet experts who didn’t know about us before now have us on their radar. And those who were already acquainted with the Tripawds Nation are even more enthusiastic about us. Many said they appreciated our dedication to providing evidenced-based, accurate and current Tripawd health news to this community. Because of your support, we can do that!
In the coming weeks, we’ll give you snapshots of these important topics. Grab a notebook and get ready!