TRIPAWDS: Home to 23066 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Amputee Dog Rehab Therapy with CARE, Sat 05/28/11 3:30pm PST
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23 May 2011 - 6:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Dr Jessica Waldman

Tune in and bring your canine amputee rehab, therapy and general veterinary questions as we discuss canine rehabilitation therapy and acupuncture for Tripawds and take your questions live on the air with Dr. Jessica Waldman, founder of California Animal Rehabilitation Center in Los Angeles.

Date: Saturday, May 28 2011

Time: 6:30pm EDT (3:30 Pacific)

Duration: 30 min.

Call In Number: (310) 388-9739

Tune In Here: Amputee Dog Rehab Therapy with CARE

Share Link: bit.ly/tritalk052811

Post any questions for Dr. Waldman with a reply to this topic or join us in the Chat during the show. We will update this topic with a podcast of this show after the program airs.

Related Blog Posts & Forum Topics

See All Tripawds CARE Video Interviews

About Our Guest:

Dr. Waldman is co-founder of California Animal Rehabilitation Center, one of the only rehab centers in the country with both a doctor and a physical therapist on staff, both of whom are certified canine rehabilitation practitioners. Dr. Waldman speaks at veterinary meetings on the subject of Canine Rehabilitation and she has a special interest  in neurological rehabilitation and in nutrition for all life stages. She loves to see her patients' quality of life improve, and she counsels in nutrition utilizing a combination of Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine for the best possible outcome.

Dr. Waldman completed a certificate program from the Canine Rehabilitation Institute to become a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist. She is also a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist through the Chi Institute. She is one of the founding members of the American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians.

Program Archive:

Use the widget below to listen to this program or download the podcast. Visit the Tripawd Talk Radio page for all on-demand episodes.

Listen to internet radio with tripawds on Blog Talk Radio

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

On The Road

26 May 2011 - 2:06 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Does anypawdy have questions for Dr. Waldman?

Come on, I know you do! I'm about to send her some to discuss on the show this weekend, so please be sure to send them to us by this evening. Thank you!

On The Road

26 May 2011 - 4:09 pm

Any questions? Hello? Anyone...

If you have any rehab, exercise, chiropractic, massage, hydrotherapy, acupuncture or other dog mobility questions, please post them here before the show! Or will you all be tuning in live Saturday?

Leicester, NY
28 May 2011 - 3:46 pm

Im still trying to get out of work...hope I can get home in time to call in but if not...

Samson is a 13 yr old (Quad) Dal with a deformed hip socket on one side and athritis and a old curciate tear on the other rear leg. I had 2 accupuncture treatments done 6 days apart while we had him boarded at our PT Vets office. He aslo had a massage.

When we picked him up he was very shaky and weak in the back end. The PT office said that some dogs get worse before they get better and it may be due to the stress of being boarded. (We have never boarded him before)

I gave him tramadol for 4 days and he seems a little better. I wouldnt mind giving it another try but dont want him to get worse.

I do trust my PT vet, Dr Browne of TheraVet in Webster, NY who said we can give it another try but I was wondering what advice you would give a patient that had an old dog who had a bad experience. Any other therapies that you would try instead of accupuncture? He seems to get worse with manipulation such as stretching and massage.

Spirit Samson was Spirit Tripawd Daisys four legged "brother" and ruled as the self proclaimed head of the Monkeybutt Federations East Coast Division. Lady Chunky Monkey stayed from Oct 2011 and left for the bridge in Apr 2012. Miss Perdy is left and has some big pawprints to fill.
Do you have what it takes to be a Monkeybutt? Find out more at the Monkeybutt Federation

On The Road

28 May 2011 - 3:49 pm

Thanks Samson! We'll try to squeeze that in if we don't hear hear from you during the show.

Anypawdy else have any brief questions for Dr. Waldman?

On The Road

28 May 2011 - 9:27 pm

Program Podcast

Many thanks to Dr. Waldman for making this another great episode of Tripawd Talk Radio ! Listen to this program for lots of great information about:

• Important veterinary rehab credentials when seeking a practitioner
  • How to determine if professional rehab is necessary
  • Questions to ask a potential rehabilitation therapist
  • Hydrotherapy and other rehab "tools"
  • If and when to give hip/joint supplements
  • And much more!

Use the widget below to listen to this program or download the podcast. Visit the Tripawd Talk Radio page for all on-demand episodes.

Listen to http://www.blog.....kradio.com

‹Dr.Waldman› You guys are funny. NSAIDS in general work better for joint disease alone, again super ailing pets usually have more than just joint disease. Remember that NSAIDS have all those deleterious effects on liver, kid, stomach, if using long term, use SamE and Milk thistle for liver protection, use Famotadine for help to decrease gastirc ulcers. 

‹Dr.Waldman› I really think that it's ok to be a "hippy" or be a true advocate for your pet. I learn lots from my owners too! We do phone consults as well...

Loose Stitches

‹kawimoto› One of Kawis stitches came un tied, not all the way out but it isnt bothering him at all. is that ok?!

‹Dr.Waldman› Yes, use that ecollar!!! look for redness or discharge if none, it's ok

‹admin› Or, consider these cone of shame alternatives.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Naomi_1
Guest(s) 193
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17824
Moderators: 6