TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic
Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 Topic Rating: 4.7 (261 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon-c
2015 Tripawds Howloween Contest
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
28 September 2015 - 2:10 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Get your sewing machines and glue guns ready! It's that time of year again...introducing the 2015 Tripawds Howloween Photo Contest!

howloween.jpgImage Enlarger

Stay tuned to the Tripawds News blog for complete details, or get a head start on your chance to win by posting favorite Halloween photos of your Tripawds Heroes and Angels!

2015 Tripawds Howl-O-Ween Costume Contest Rules

To enter the Tripawds Howl-O-Ween Costume Contest, just post your photo in this 2015 Tripawds Howloween photo contest Discussion Forum Topic.

Any registered member can enter their Tripawd, Quadpawd or both! Current Tripawd Heroes and Spirits are welcome. Cats and dogs are eligible. Whether you have one or many pets, living or passed, they're all welcome to join the pawty!

Please add one photo per post so members can vote to nominate their favorites.

How to Vote: Above and to the right of each forum post in this topic, you will notice a "Five Star Rating System" to vote for photos.

forum post rating starsImage Enlarger

Registered Tripawds Members can vote by clicking the stars next to each costume contest post to rank that photo. Click the star relating to the number of votes you want to give each photo. (Click the first star to give a photo one vote, the third star for three votes, etc.)

Each user may only rank each post once.

You cannot vote for your own post/photo.

You cannot change your vote.

Submit as many photos as you like, but only add one per post so members can vote for each photo.

Need help adding pictures to your forum post? Refer to this tech support topic with detailed instructions for adding photos to forum posts.

To give everypawdy a chance to take pictures on Halloween night, the deadline for posting photos and voting is 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 6, 2015.

Forum Post Rating SystemImage Enlarger

Who Wins? Each star rating is added to the current star total for that post. The post rating score displayed is the star sum divided by the number of votes.

The one photo/post in this forum topic that gets the highest star rating will win the grand prize: a special gift to be determined (Stay tuned to the Tripawds News blog for announcement.)

Post costume photos and vote for favorites here!

Voting starts now. Tell all your Tripawds friends! The winner will be announced on Monday, November 9th in this forum topic and featured for Tripawd Tuesday on November 10th in the Tripawds News blog.

Good luck and hoppy haunting!

ScaryWyattCatDoorImage Enlarger

exclamation TIP: Subscribe to this topic using the button at the bottom of this page to me notified of all new photos!

Screen-shot-2015-09-28-at-2.05.19-PM.pngImage Enlarger

Cute Tripawds Halloween Costume Ideas

Need some ideas for fun three legged dog and cat costumes? Check out these topics from past years for lots of photos!

2014 Tripawds Howloween Costume Contest

Halloween costumes...

Tripawders Take Over Howloween

Halloween Costume?

Not for the faint of heart ... Halloween costume for Ajax

Hoppy Howlaween!

Or, see all search results for Halloween.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Virginia

28 September 2015 - 9:59 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

YAY!! This was so much fun last year! I just wnet back and revisited the 2014 pictures...what a creative group we are! (Not to be confused with dysfunctional)way-cool

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Los Angeles, CA
29 September 2015 - 10:51 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

I see little miss Shelby there in the collage of photos!!! I'll have to dig up her old Halloween photos for the contest. Always fun to revisit those! 

And I'll see about little Jasper Lily - her head is so tiny and ears so big, hats and stuff don't fit well on her. 🙂 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Virginia
29 September 2015 - 6:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Oh the wheels are turning.....so many ideas for a 3 legged mutt and a one eyed chihuahua ! 

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

On The Road

6 October 2015 - 11:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

exclamation This just in...

The winner of the 2015 Tripawds Howloween Contest will receive an 11 oz. coffee mug with the design of their choice from this selection of Tripawds Mugs in the Tripawds Gift Shop !

One winner will get to choose from 65 three legged dog and cat designs, so start submitting those photos.

Retail value not to exceed $14.00, includes free shipping.

trimugs.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

6 October 2015 - 6:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory
sp_QuotePost

Princess Jasmine as the Lady Bug   (I know it says 1 picture but I was trying to get them to look these were the closest I could get none of my dogs would look at the camera and its 2 different shots of the same dog so I dont mind the 1 ranking 🙂 of each dog with the picture)

DSC_0213_zpsvrwckarc.jpgImage Enlarger

DSC_0214_zps9epqeb8t.jpgImage Enlarger

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

6 October 2015 - 6:49 pm
sp_QuotePost

Snickers at Tigger

DSC_0215_zps6mhanyjx.jpgImage Enlarger

DSC_0218_zpstf1kjoas.jpgImage Enlarger

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

On The Road

6 October 2015 - 6:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Oh my gosh they are adorable!

6 October 2015 - 6:51 pm
sp_QuotePost

Bosch as Bat Dog

(He is sort of looking LOL)

DSC_0229_zps7nhzruc0.jpgImage Enlarger

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

6 October 2015 - 6:54 pm
sp_QuotePost

And Sassy as her Lion

Lickinglipsyumm09.jpgImage Enlarger

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Virginia

6 October 2015 - 9:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

And Team Sassy starts the season off with a bang! An illusive Ladybug, a lip smackin' lion, a Bat who is handsome and a dog who is a kitty sliding down the sliding board (Tiger is a kitty, right?)! You have quite a creative pack Michelle!

They are all sooo precious in their costumes! I cannot imagine the effort it took to, not only get them in their costumes, but to not try and rip them to shreds! Bosch is an old ha d at this now. But to keep Snickers and Jazz still long enough to out these on and then "pose" for pictures......you have a lot of patience!!!

How did you get Snickers on the sliding board like that? You must have greased it with steak juice!

Can't wait to see more!!!

Love!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Norene, TN
7 October 2015 - 7:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

These are adorable!!! Can't wait to see more entries!!

Harmony became a Tripawd on 10/21/14 (MCT). She left us way too soon on 11/1/14.

"We miss you so much; our love, our heart, our Harmony."

- Pam, Ron and Melody, Meesha, Doublestuff and Mariah Carey

On The Road

7 October 2015 - 9:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

OK everyone gets five stars!

Virginia

7 October 2015 - 10:35 am
sp_QuotePost

Okay...these are NOT for the contest obviously! Just a blast from the past! As you can tell, Happy Hannah was NOT "happy" being Minnie Mouse! That expression says it all!!

IMG_20131031_125107_zps0e4cf677.jpgImage Enlarger

And then Merry Myrtle as Raggedy Ann for the 2014 entry last year......again...NOT for this year's contest! I just have a real hard time passing up ANY opportunity to post pictures!!!

20141028_180452-1_zpsftq0r9tu.jpg

Okay, moving forward with ideas for Frankie and Merry Myrtle THIS year! Thanks for letting me take a walk down memory lane!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sally and My Chunky Spiritual Being Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Norene, TN
7 October 2015 - 11:01 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Hmmm . . . looks like Merry Myrtle has the same problem with her panty hose as I do!

Adorable!!!

Harmony became a Tripawd on 10/21/14 (MCT). She left us way too soon on 11/1/14.

"We miss you so much; our love, our heart, our Harmony."

- Pam, Ron and Melody, Meesha, Doublestuff and Mariah Carey

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 220
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735
Moderators: 6