TRIPAWDS: Home to 23115 Members and 2160 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Virginia Tripawds, Let's Pawty on Sunday 6/22 in Richmond
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
17 June 2014 - 10:15 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Fingers and paws crossed, Lexie and I are planning to make the trip down...hoping to get there by 11:30ish. We will bring a cooler and some snacks. Anyone know if the creek there has water in it?

Pretty sure I heard there was a creek... If not, I'm thinking about buying a wading pool if there is a hose or something to fill it with. Lexie doesn't do so well in the heat, but if she can get in some water she'll be a happy girl.

Can't wait to see y'all!

Deb and Angel Lexie* Diagnosed at age 13. Tried radiation first; wish we had amputated upon diagnosis (even with lung mets). Joined Club Tripawd April 2014 & Lexie loved life on 3 legs! Advice: Start physical therapy as soon as your vet clears it, especially hydrotherapy if available :-) See Lexie pics here.  

Virginia
18 June 2014 - 5:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Great idea, I'll bring a second doggie pool. I am unsure about a creek, but that would be awesome if there is one. 

On my way home from the gym this morning, I saw a lady walking a tripawd (I had seen her once before when running last year but hadn't seen her since). So, I stopped my car and invited her to the tripawd party. She probably thought who is this crazy lady laughinghahaha...yep, I have become THAT person. 

Mom to Tripawd Angels Jake (2001-2014) and Rosco (2012-2015) and Tripawd Tanner. “Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it”  

Virginia

18 June 2014 - 10:15 pm

Good for yo Elozabeth! Crazy is a plus around here!

Deb, don't know if it has a creekor not.....will call toorrow.....will also ask about hose hook-up

Great idea about the "baby pool". Of course, the dogs will jave to push the humans ot of the way so they can get in too!!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

19 June 2014 - 1:29 pm

YEP! WE, have water!

The weather is still looking great for Sunday. It looks like the highest it will be is low 80's and possibility of afternoon showers, which I think we should avoid just perfectly!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

19 June 2014 - 1:58 pm

Yipeeeee! Oh wow this will be wonderful. I have an inquiry from a TV news reporter, I'll keep you posted & you keep your paws crossed they show up OK?

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Westminster, MD
20 June 2014 - 7:41 am

Just thinking today, about the party tomorrow.....hoping everyone has a great time, and really wish I could be there.....Myself and Angel Polly will definitely be there in spirit.....love to all, and safe travels.

Virginia

20 June 2014 - 7:57 am

Beloved herBonnie, you can bet we will have the spirit of sweet Polly and all our beloved Angel Heros in our hearts Sunday. Their lives will be celebrated with joy, love and so much gratitude for the fact that they be blessed us with their presence here on earth. Oh yeah, we'll feel their energy alrright!! superstar

Temperature prediction is even getting better....In the 70's!way-cool

Thanks Jerry and everyone for all you are doing to get the word out. The local TV stations are generally pretty good about following anything dog and cat related, especially if it's a slow news day! We will do you proud!!clap

Raleigh, NC
21 June 2014 - 6:39 am

I cannot guarantee it will work BUT it looks like I'll be able to bring a tablet and a mobile hotspot so we can do a live video feed on Google Hangouts tomorrow. 

https://plus.go.....qelcgqbvb8

On The Road

21 June 2014 - 7:11 am

Ohhhh pawesome! OMDDDDD!!!

I will be sure to tell the tv reporter, I'm talking to her today and can hopefully persuade her to show up!

Virginia

21 June 2014 - 10:40 am

Woodrow hoodoo OK
!

It looks lo ice "somebody' has some tablet knowldege!!! You can bet I' lol have mine! My thing has Google hangout on it too...for whatever that, worth! And I have this jet pack thing that is supposed to mm pick up signals in remote areas...not so much here! But I'll bring it anyway
Can you and Nix I n s L end the week...or two....With Myrtle and myself teaching us tablet??clown
OK Elizabeth, you do slide shows and I'll do video M of you sing slide shows!! Get out the drama mine

Jerry, IF it, s channel 8 they MAY remember my days when they covered a lpt M of stuff about Noah, s Friends.....A group I started to wise awareness about how fur coats were "made" and how animals were treated leading up to slaughter for food. Anyway, they would actually show so e mm of the vide L footage I had when no other station would........This was years ago though

Rambl I ng......anyway, real L you hope they show up..so oops oops. much awareness can be raised.!

Thank you for arranging all this! Gosh, that live feed thing would be great!

Muc H love! Soo oops excited!

Virginia
21 June 2014 - 1:03 pm

Us too. Yay!

Deb and Angel Lexie* Diagnosed at age 13. Tried radiation first; wish we had amputated upon diagnosis (even with lung mets). Joined Club Tripawd April 2014 & Lexie loved life on 3 legs! Advice: Start physical therapy as soon as your vet clears it, especially hydrotherapy if available :-) See Lexie pics here.  

On The Road

21 June 2014 - 2:04 pm

OK folks, just got off the phone with local TV reporter, Ava-joiye from Channel 8. She is very interested in being there tomorrow and will do her best to make it, probably somewhere between 10 and noon.

She would like anyone with a Tripawd Angel to bring some photos along to share as part of the story. Make the photos big for good TV visuals!

Wooohooo! Paws are crossed she can make it, this will be great :)

21 June 2014 - 3:25 pm

Awesome! Can't wait!

On The Road

21 June 2014 - 4:50 pm

Hey folks, can anyone attending private message me their cell # for the TV reporter? She would like a contact number for the event, and since I'm not physically there I'm not the best person. If you're willing to give up your cell to her, please private message me. Thanks.

Tolland, CT
21 June 2014 - 10:01 pm

Wishing you all a great get-together in Richmond tomorrow; many good thoughts go with you!

Looking forward to pics and video!!!!!

-Liz and Angel Roxie Roo

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 342
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17867
Moderators: 6