TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Spring 2018 Nor Cal Tripawds Meet Up: Saturday May 12th
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Livermore, CA

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3 April 2018 - 8:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

The next Nor Cal Tripawds Meet-Up will be Saturday May 12th 2018 at the Mill Valley Dog Park.

We start around 11:00 am and hang out until 2:00 or 3:00 pm.

Image Enlarger

Elly is excited to see old friends and meet new ones!

Save the date so you can meet up with your Tripawd pals and their Packs! All two, three and four leggers welcome.

Information on the Mill Valley Dog Park (also called Bayfront Park)

Dog Trekker Blog

Google Map

Here is an aerial that shows where you can park and where we meet up: (thanks to the Oaktown pack!)

MillValleyDogPark-1.jpgImage Enlarger

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

8 April 2018 - 9:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Whoo Hooo! We'll be there!

Can't wait to see everyone!

Shelby and Dustyway-cool

Livermore, CA

27 April 2018 - 12:20 am

We are meeting two weeks from this Saturday! Hopefully the wonderful spring weather we have been having will stay.

Hey Jim and Rene- could you post on FB for us?  Apologies if you already have- I don't get there too often.

Karen

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

On The Road

7 May 2018 - 5:37 pm

Alright who's gonna pawty this Saturday?

Wish we could be there. We know it will be a blast!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Livermore, CA

8 May 2018 - 10:08 pm

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect! 

68 and sunny, although there is often a breeze and will be a bit cooler when we start around 11:00.

I will be bringing a wagon just in case any body needs a ride from or to the parking lot. 

See you Saturday!

Karen and Elly

1999 to 2010

11 May 2018 - 7:47 am

I wish we could go, would love to meet all of you. I hope you have a pawsome time! Please take lots of pictures!!

heartheart

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

Los Angeles, CA
11 May 2018 - 3:59 pm

Jasper and I are so  sad to report that we are unable to make this gathering .... I was so hoping I would be able to leave today as we usually do but work put the kibosh on that plan. Hoping further that we could just drive up after work was also eliminated due to "work". I am so sad to miss this as spring is one of our favorite times in the bay area (and apparently where all the sun is this weekend). Have fun! Take lots of photos and party hard for us! 

XOXO

Alison with Spirit Shelby in her heart (and little Jasper too) 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Livermore, CA

13 May 2018 - 12:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Well, the forecast was for perfect weather....but it was a bit on the chilly side and WINDY as you can see in some of the pics.

Today was a small gathering with no new friends to meet, but old friends with whom to reminisce.  We missed those regulars who couldn't make it this time: Mary, John and Dianne, and Alison.  We understand why they couldn't make it but sure wish they were there. 

We did spend time talking about how long we have been meeting (8.5 years for me!) and those we met at Mill Valley and lost so long ago- Max, Caira Sue, and Maggie.  And we talked about our favorite gentle giant Cemil.

But not a day for sadness- happy memories all around while we tried to keep our hats on in the hurricane!

First our group photo.  People l to r: Jack, Cindi, Kim, Ralph, Martha.  Dogs l to r: Dusty, Shelby, Elly (front), Hannah and Smokey.

Group-Photo.jpgImage Enlarger

Cindi with Dusty and Shelby

Cindy-Shelby-Dusty.jpgImage Enlarger

Kim with Hannah

Kim-and-Hannah.jpgImage Enlarger

Ralph and Martha with Smokey.  So, the Oaktown Pack has three Tripawd GSDs... and they brought their quad dog Smokey to a Tripawd party big-grin

Ralph-Martha-Smokey.jpgImage Enlarger

Shelby and Dusty.  There is a bit of age showing in Shelby's face, but that Petite Princess smile is still the same!

Shelbys-Smile-and-Dusty.jpgImage Enlarger

Elly rocking her Tripawds Bandanna

Ellys-Tripawds-Bandanna.jpgImage Enlarger

Elly actually got a little off leash time, the first time I've let her off leash in a not fully enclosed park.  She has good recall and stays pretty close to me, my worry is that if she gets nervous and runs she will get chased and completely freak out.  As she has gained confidence she as actually become a bit snippy!

Can't wait for our next meet up- probably October or November.

Karen

1999 to 2010

Virginia

14 May 2018 - 7:08 pm

WONDERFUL  PHOTOS  OF BEAUTIFUL  DOGS WITH THEIR BEAUTIFUL  HUMANS!!😎  I've  got a case of Tripawd Pawty Envy going  on over here

I love how ELLY is sitting front and center in that photo. Clearly big doggies don't  concern this little spitfire at all!   Off leash???   WOW!!    Now that amazing!   😀

Jack and Cinid, I cannot believe how big DUSTY has gotten!  And he is absolutely  stunningly  handsome!!  PRINCESS SHELBY and DUSTY laying side by side, and then the one with Cindi and the two pups....true treasures!   Yes, that SHELBY SMILE is just as bright and gleeful as ever!!   But where's  her wagon??

And HANNAH, the beautiful,beautiful  HANNAH striking her best "over the shoulder" pose for the camera.  Such a magnificent face.

SMOKEY!!!  SMOKEY!!!  Thanks for showingnthe world that tripawds don't get to have all the fun!  Quadpawds can pawty too!!!    Looking very fit Mr Smokey!  Is that a "Protect this Dog" charm you are stylin'?  If so, it's working!😎

Karen, thanks so much for letting us have a flimpse knto this wonderful  time for celebrating  old memories, while creating new ones.   Made my day!😁😁

Lots of love to all of our very special family💖

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Livermore, CA

14 May 2018 - 8:55 pm

But where's her wagon??

Shelby now has two wagons!  And she earned the 'Dogtor' title last fall after she spent many hours working her magic hanging out with the off duty firefighters who were battling the terrible North Bay Fires.

Shelby-and-wagons-1.jpgImage Enlarger

The yellow wagon is mine- I always bring it because the park is a hike from the parking lot and sometimes a Tripawd needs a ride.

Karen

1999 to 2010

15 May 2018 - 4:34 am

Great pictures Karen, thank you smiley So glad you all had a good time! Elly looks absolutely adorable and totally in her glory. Looks like it was a beautiful day for a visit heartheart

Hugs,

Jackie, Bo, Andy, Oscar, Phoebe, and the coolest feral tripawd kitty Huckleberry

Huckleberry's Blog

On The Road

15 May 2018 - 10:30 am

How FUN! You guys are so amazing, what great friendships have formed there in the Mill Valley dog park. I'm sad we couldn't be there but so happy you were able to gather on a lovely spring day. The dogs look fabulous!

And yes I'm going to quiz Martha and Ralph about the missing OP members!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Schofield, WI
20 May 2018 - 8:08 pm

Beautiful pups and beautiful (and handsome) humans!  These Tripawd meet ups are so great and the many years you have been doing them is more proof of how bonding and fun they are.❤️  Hope to meet you all some day because you guys are great examples of the best of humanity.  Perhaps someday we can do a centrally located party for all.  😉  That would be one epic gathering!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Julie_14, antonia, Kathryn_1
Guest(s) 230
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17739
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: