TRIPAWDS: Home to 23105 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Photos from 2017 Virginia Tripawds Party
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
30 May 2017 - 3:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Sam eating her first Virginia fly....and Paula and Donna acting like it never happened 🙂

20170528_190846_zps6j7uz7yi.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 3:51 pm

Lisa looking up how to buy a tavlet on google. And that Amin Guy is trying to see her info so he can vuy one too!!

NOTE to Admin Guy...anyone can BUY a tavlet, but it takes a specific set of skills to know how to operate one!

20170528_190902_zpsnprcqgi9.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 3:57 pm

20170527_171359_zpscefzwa0y.jpgImage Enlarger

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 4:00 pm

Our sweet Linda and Mighty Max

20170527_171417_zpssvkioks1.jpgImage Enlarger

And our sweet Lisa and stunningly handsome Pofi

20170527_171449_zpsl2ct1ycz.jpgImage Enlarger

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 4:09 pm

Rich and Ingrid, our dog behaviorists who have more k sight knto the mind of dogs than almost anyone!!

This is their very, very handsome big boy Will I Am and their sweet Cookie 🙂 As you might expect, these humans and dogs of some of the most gentle Souls you will ever meet.

2017-05-30-00.02.58_zpsjldkoo7j.jpgImage Enlarger

And we all celebrated Cookie's Birthday, along with a couple of others! Video and pictures somewhere among all of us!

20170528_191105_zpsceljdeow.jpgImage Enlarger

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 4:11 pm

Teri, another great dawg wrangler, being quite the Fashionista stylin' all our Tripawd fashion pieces!! Miss Isa is showing up quite nicely in her "badge":-) 🙂

20170528_191006_zpsiwq5duvp.jpgImage Enlarger

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 4:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Tina the dog wrangler getting the "thrill of the shrill howl with background singers" and the joy of being slimed .....

Tina''s hearing will never be the same:

Durham, NC
30 May 2017 - 6:39 pm

These are wonderful photos!!! I planned to take many myself but was so busy chatting that I forgot to play photog. Thank goodness for all of you!

Izzy and I had a lovely time - too short, but that's how it goes some days. We are so glad we came - wish I'd gotten the chance to spend more time together but hope to see everyone again soon! 

xoxoxoxox,

Amy & Izzy, too!

(p.s. - Izzy refuses to let me take off her Tripawds bandana . She say's it's the perfect shade of pink to compliment her collar!)

Momma to the world's most beautiful American Bulldog, Izzy!! Lost her front leg to OSA 9/18/15. Diagnosed w MCT in June 2016. Celebrated her 1 year ampuversary with knee surgery on 9/18/16! MCT recurrence in Dec 2016. Happy & hungry til nearly 14, earning her wings on 7/31/17.

Idaho
30 May 2017 - 8:40 pm

I...AM...LOVING...THESE!!!!!

Kathi

Murphy is a five year old Lab/Chessie cross. He was hit by a car on 10/29/12 and became a Tripawd on 11/24/12. On 2/5/13, he had a total hip replacement on his remaining back leg. He has absolutely no idea that he has only three legs!

UPDATE: Murphy lived his life to the fullest, right up until an aggressive bone lesion took him across the Rainbow Bridge on April 9, 2015 and he gained his membership in the April Angels. Run free, my love. You deserve it!

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 9:02 pm

Yes, Izzy was vorn to wear pink! Actually she and Michelle BOTH were!! It's her color too! 🙂 🙂

Okay, time to start the STARBUCKS PUPPY LATTE PUPPACINO tasting pawty!!
Michelle was our Starvucks Barrista! We made sure, HOPEFULLY, every doggy got a Starbucks Puppy Latte out of their very own Starbucks cup (with a little help from Redi-Whip! This may take days to post 🙂 🙂 🙂

Maggie May's Puppacinno style:

ADDY's Puppacinno style:

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 9:05 pm

Zach's puppacinno style:

Jasper Lilly's Puppacino style:

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 9:08 pm

Milo's Puppacinno style:

Tanner is pretty creative with his style. He's not jnto Calif levitating like Jasper Lily

Tanner's Puppacino style:

Virginia

30 May 2017 - 9:23 pm

And then we have the beautiful DC Jack who will never be a SpokesDawg for Starbucks..

DC Jack puppacino style...sota':

Shhhh...DC Jack NOT liking Starbucks:

Virginia

31 May 2017 - 9:13 am

Don t blink or you'll miss it!! Pretty sure this is Wyatt's first and only chance at a Puppy Latte. It might have a calorie in it and that could make him FAT 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Wuatt slurps quickly:

Los Angeles, CA
31 May 2017 - 9:51 am

OMG!!!! Happy TEARS at the office!!! Literally the best time of my life!!! In a really, really, really, really (is there a cut off on "really" like there is with smiley faces) long time! 

Thank you to EVERYONE who made the weekend SO special for me! And thank you to my sweet angel Shelby for sending me a wonderful sidekick who made her madre so incredibly proud this weekend! Keep the photos coming ... 

Shelby's Tribute Ribbon added!

18765833_10155974279339057_3872459663276837283_n.jpg

Jasper at the White House 

Thank you, Donna for this sweet photo!!! My earth angel! Image Enlarger

Jasper slept the entire flight home! She was SUCH a good girl!!

Image Enlarger

And for my purple girl... I love and miss you Shelby Lynne - always and forever - but my heart is full of love, joy and happiness for the experiences I had this weekend!!! 

18671043_10155969834649057_1607956861876238258_n.jpgImage Enlarger

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 199
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17859
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: