TRIPAWDS: Home to 22969 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Photos from 2017 Virginia Tripawds Party
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Green Bay, WI

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8 January 2018 - 8:53 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Thank you Michelle for the reminder of the most pawsome time I've had in all my life! That song is one of my favorites, perfect backgound  for memories of some of my favorite people. Felt like I was back there - for a minute I even thought I heard banjos (for you Alison).

Love all you guys!

Paula and Warrior Angel Nitro 

Nitro 11 1/2  yr old Doberman; right front amp June 2014. Had 6 doses carboplatin, followed by metronomic therapy. Rocked it on 3 legs for over 3 years! My Warrior beat cancer, but couldn't beat old age. He crossed the Bridge peacefully on July 25, 2017, with dignity and on his terms.  Follow his blog entitled "Doberman's journey"

http://nitro.tripawds.com

"Be good, mama loves you".....run free my beautiful Warrior

Virginia

8 January 2018 - 9:52 am

dobemom said
- for a minute I even thought I heard banjos (for you Alison).

HAHAHAHA!    And I thought I heard the sound of a squealing pig!!! (for you Alison)

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

8 January 2018 - 1:04 pm

Oh Michelle you seriously captured the event so well. There are tons of photos I hadn't seen, thank you for sharing them with everypawdy. It just makes me dream of warmer days ahead!

This is such a great inspiration for folks to plan their own gatherings wherever they live. Thank you!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

8 January 2018 - 1:19 pm

Hey Paula thanks for the smile maybe I should have used the song from Deliverance in there too.  LOL.  oh that would have freaked Alison out lol.  

I loved every picture.  It was so hard to choose. 

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

8 January 2018 - 6:48 pm

Someone said Banjos???  (the back story is the house we stayed at was kind of rural and reminded some of the movie Deliverance)

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Schofield, WI
9 January 2018 - 9:11 am

Perfect Michelle!  Well except for me screaming "no" as you snapped that early morning picture of me in Jammie's 😳  

Virginia

9 January 2018 - 9:59 pm

OMD!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂    LMAO!!!!!   THIS IS GRRRRREAT MICHELLE!!!    Gives the pictures a whole new feeling!!!  You did a great job of having the pictures change from one to another in sync with the music!    I liked the way you included some remembrances from the "Celebration of Life Table" (some call it the "Angel Tavle) too.  

And best of all....we get to see more wonderful pictures from the glorious event!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂  🙂 Thank  you Michelle!  You really, really vrpught us all so much joy reliving this happy time with THE best people and dogs in the world!! 🙂

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Los Angeles, CA
11 January 2018 - 12:12 pm

OMG ... as usual... I am late to the pawty ... but I loved the video! And I especially loved the "banjos" one ... 

WHAT a weekend! What a restorative, special, amazing experience... one of the best times of my life ... I will never forget it or how I felt that weekend. 

Hugs and love! 

Alison with Spirit Shelby in her heart (and little Jasper too) 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Cynthia Lindgren
Guest(s) 204
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17732
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: